“Problems, but somewhat corrected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia

You added Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 South 17th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103-6179 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #27 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
New York
“Problems, but somewhat corrected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

My wife and I traveled to Philadelphia to attend the wedding of Friends’ of ours daughter. Once of the hotel choices was the Radisson. Upon arrival there was a long line to check in at the one desk being manned. Fortunately, after about 10 minutes or so another station was opened up and we only had to stand on line for 25 minutes or so.

We went to our room as were pleasantly surprised at the size. It was large, with a somewhat wired shape. You walked in, and then had to turn left into the main part of the room. The bathroom was in a spot to the right (so the wall you saw when you first walked in the door was part of the bathroom wall. The room also extended to the right, on the side of the bath room into a sitting area, with a couch and table.

Upon entering we encountered a significant problem. The bathroom looked as if it had not been cleaned. I called the front desk to report it, and was told someone would be up to clean it. We had to change and get to the rehearsal dinner, and left before anyone arrived to clean the bathroom. When we returned about 10 that night, it was still not cleaned. I called again. I was told that someone would be right up, and that for our trouble, breakfast would be on them. That was nice, since I certainly had not asked fro any compensation. Shortly, two men arrived to mop the floor, bring towels etc. When they were done, they invited my wife to look, and they had not touched the dirty sink. Finally, they finished and we went to sleep. The bed was very nice. In the morning, I asked my wife if she had opened the soap on the sink and in the tub. She said no, and asked me if I had used the glass on the sink. I had not. She turned a little green, since she assumed I had, and she used it as well. YUCK!

When we checked out I again mentioned the dirty bathroom, and then the issue with the soap and the glass. The person at the desk happened to be one of the people I spoke to previously. She apologized and then removed the entire charge for the stay. Again, I was not looking for compensation; I just wanted to let them know that there was a problem.

In the end, we thought the hotel was nice, with a really comfortable bed. Breakfast was very well done, with some interesting choices. We did not get it free, but I was not going to insist, after not paying for the room. We would consider staying there again.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Turkish first
Berea, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2008

We booked two nights at the Warwick through [-] as the Frida Kahlo exhibition at the Philadelphia Museum of Art was the impetus for our trip. Our top hotel choices -- Courtyard Philadelphia Downtown and Embassy Suites -- were sold out for the weekend we could come, so we splurged on the Warwick for $585, which is the most we've ever spent on lodging (and parking was an additional $60). The confimation read "VIP UNTIMED AND NO WAITING TICKETS TO THE EXHIBIT" (yes, in caps!) When we checked in, the desk clerk repeated, "These are VIP untimed and no waiting tickets." However, at PMA there was a problem with the tickets (detailed in my posting in the forum under "Fridamania"), so we would not consider the Frida Kahlo VIP Hotel Package at the Warwick a good value.
Even though the Warwick is about 1.5 miles from PMA, we sexagenarians walked there and back easily and generally enjoyed the hotel's location near Rittenhouse Square. We also found the staff to be courteous and helpful. When I cited TripAdvisor comments about noise, the clerk changed our room from the 4th floor to the 10th (1007). The bellhop said, "Wow! You got one of the big rooms"...and it had a moderately interesting view facing Locust St. and beyond. My husband liked the plasma TV and I, the free Philadelphia Inquirer, and we both used the free Internet service and found the bed to be comfortable.
However, there were negatives including noise both from the street below and the neighboring room (a couple's conversation, not wild partying) and no fan for ventilation in the bathroom.
I doubt that we'll choose the Warwick the next time we come to Philadelphia -- probably in 2009 for "Cézanne and Beyond."

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of insulation from noise
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

I am currently staying at the Radisson (checked in on Sunday, March 23rd). The hotel's location is excellent and the hotel is o.k. I travel a lot for business and not particularly picky but I agree with "Sleepless in Philadelphia" who wrote in her review that she could not sleep. I am experiencing the same thing. I can actually hear the person in the next room hanging their clothes up in the closet i.e the clang of the hangers against the hanging bar. When their phone rings, it's like it's ringing in my room. The Sleep number bed in my room seems to not work..it's deathly uncomfortable. While the bathroom is very clean and there are great bath products, the sleeping area has not been vacuumed even once since I've been here. And there is an odd smell in the room (I just went out and bought some candles to burn while I am in the room). Turning on the heat means less sleep because the heating system is SOOOOO loud! Honestly, I'd have been better off at the Hilton Garden Inn on Arch St which is where I stayed the last time I was here for busineess. Problem is, it was sold out as were almost all other hotels in Philly this weekend. No wonder the Radisson was still available..I am disappointed with this hotel and cannot wait to leave on Friday when I will move to the Loews Hotel..we'll see how that works out.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2008

Usually I am not a fan of the Radisson chain but this one ROCKS. The location is actually mixed use - condo and hotel. It is great and is close to Rittenhouse Square. You can catch a taxi to get to OLd City and see the historic site.

Its restuarant Tavern 17 is excellent and reasonable in prices.

Gym has good cardio equipment with tv monitors...so bring your headphones. Limited resistance machines but gym is good.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2008

This is a decent hotel with friendly and capable employees, but the walls must be paper thin. I could hear everything at night: people in the hall, the next room's tv, and EVERYTHING going on outside. I could hear sirens, horns, and buses like I was on the street, but I was on the twelfth floor!

They have Sleep Number beds and they hawk them like crazy everywhere in the hotel, but they actually are very disappointing. Nothing special to them at all.

Overall, I would stay there again because it is a nice hotel, but hopefully I'd get a room with a little more noise protection.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2008

Stayed two nights.
We found the hotel to be in a nice location.
The room we had was quite large and very clean with a 37" flat panel HDTVand a Sleep Number bed.
Plus there was a great bar downstairs.
We would defidently stay again.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Exton, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

This was the worst hotel stay my husband and I have ever experienced. First of all, when we arrive to our room (#815) the first thing we noticed was that it smelled like a big steak. There is a steak restaurant off the lobby which must have vents under our airconditioner/heater unit. Silly us--we thought we would just deal with that. After coming back from a wonderful night out in Philadelphia, we got in bed and could not fall asleep because our room was next to the elevator. The walls must be paper thin because we heard the elevator ding every single time someone came up or went down. Speaking of thin walls, there was a bunch of young people in the next room over, seeming to be having a great time, being somewhat loud. We could hear everything. We called the front desk, and they said they'd send security up to quiet them down. It seemed as though that worked, until we started to heard other noises coming from that room!!! Hearing some other couples private moments was the last straw!!!!!!! I felt like I was at some sleezy motel that charges by the hour. We packed our things, demanded a refund, and left to never ever go back.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!