“Wait wait wait for the small elevators” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 South 17th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103-6179 (Formerly Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel Philadelphia) (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #27 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Wait wait wait for the small elevators”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

pretty nice. parking is a little funky. rooms nice. gym ok except the personal trainer that thinks it is his space. the main problems are the elevators. they are slow and very small. pretty quiet. good access to sites.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

889 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Warwick is located in Center City Philly. Easy walking distance to many restaurants and attractions. More energetic walkers will find this a perfect location for walking to almost all of the main historical sites and interesting parts of the city. You will see much more and appreciate the city and its history if you do walk. You can also use cabs for short rides to most attractions. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The service was good, with very friendly and helpful staff. The only drawback to the room was a rather high vanity in the bathroom. In addition the sink was set back on the vanity making it a little uncomfortable to use. My wife almost needed a step stool. Will stay again in the future in spite of the vanity.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
north shields, united kingdom.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great hotel, great location, and excellent staff. We stayed here from the 28th October 2012 to 3rd November 2012 and arrived as the city was preparing for Hurricane Sandy to hit. The staff kept us up to date with what was going on and might occur, and were helpful every time we spoke to them. Our room was on the 7th floor and suited us perfectly, and was kept spotless all the time. Well done to Vivien who done this. We used Tavern 17 a few times and the beer was fine and reasonably priced for a hotel. Food was also nice, but i would recommend the bar snacks to anyone. Great value for money. The coffee shop was fine for coffee and tea but i never ate there so i cannot comment on the food. The hotel is in an excellent location and there are loads of decent bars and restaraunts nearby within easy walkind distance, and across the road is a typical American Diner called "Little Petes" which did filling breakfasts and supplied plenty of coffe for very reasonable prices. Don't expect a la carte but it filled my needs and was always jumping before 09.00 so you may have to queue.
When i travel all i really want is a nice clean room, decent bed and helpful staff and i received all this at the Radisson Plaza Warwick, yes they may have been a bit noise in the corridor, in the early hours, but this was just people enjoying their stay and only lasted seconds. If i go back to Philadelphia i would certainly stay here again.Thank you very much to all staff i came in contact with.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Graz, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had to pay the regular price for our room and found it overpriced considering the general condition of the hotel and our room. Everything was very clean, but the mattress proved remarkably uncomfortable (springs poking through), and sound insulation was very poor (you could hear everything through the door). The flat screen TV was large and worked well.
It appeared to us as if the hotel concentrates its efforts on providing a shiny facade but it could well use some money spent on the really important things for a guest (a comfortable mattress being one of those in our opinion).

The location of the hotel is very good with downtown within easy walking distance. We recommend to book this hotel only if you can find a good price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

great modern hotel. great location for city attractions and marathon. large size rooms. decent service. good bar. rather eat outside. pretty good parking services. good location for theaters. walk-around location to explore the city parks, cafes and shopping.

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Denver PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Hotel is okay. Overpriced for what you get. I have been it much better for much less. no vent in bathroom. they only gave us one robe and there was two of us. The valet was really slow. We even called ahead. I would most likely not go back. The hotel was clean. The sleep number bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Parsonsfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in October. I had booked 2 rooms for myself and my best friend. We arrived early at around 1pm and were able to check into one room as the other was not yet ready. We were both on the club floor as I had reserved as I am a Club Carlson member. My room was nice, not large but everything seemed in order. The rooms are in need of an overhaul as they are a mixture of furniture styles and just a little rough around the edges, although very clean. After dropping our bags we went out for a tour of the area and to get a little lunch. When we returned we got the keys to our other room.. which was directly across from the elevator. After an hour or so, decided that it was way tooo noisy of a location as my friend would be doing some work in his room. The fron t desk changed the room very willingly and he was relocated to a quieter area. After dinner I had noticed some small problems with the room. The wallpaper was peeling a little and of the 4 outlets on the side of the desk, only 1 worked. I also attempted to open the window and it almost fell off on my hand. In the morning, when trying to use the blow dryer in the bathroom, I discovered that the outlets in the bathroom did not work either. On my way out for the day, I mentioned to the front desk about my lack of power and was assured that it would be repaired during the day while I was out. Upon my return at around 5pm, All outlets were still not working. Back down to the front desk I went to complain. The girl there, Hazel, who was most helpful throughout my entire stay, called maintenance and instructed them to go to the room and fix it after I had left for dinner at 7:30pm. When I returned at 1 am, nothing had changed. I went right back down to the front desk, furious. I then was turned over to the front Desk Manager Donald, who offered to move me to a suite and offered breakfast and drink vouchers. He was very understanding and made sure that anything we needed was taken care of. I told him how I get that it is an older building with many issues, but this just seemed like a lot of minor issues built up to create a big inconvenience. I was VERY pleased with the treatment and resolution that I received from the management and staff at the Warwick and would highly recommend this property as an economical, clean and slightly stylish place to stay in center city Philadelphia. The lobby is a grand beautiful space. Drinks in the lobby bar were great and the location of this hotel cannot be beat. Just remember that if you are not happy with the accommodations assigned to you, let your voice be heard and you will more than likely be rewarded with the service you deserve.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!