“Awesome location for relaxing city stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 South 17th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103-6179 (Formerly Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel Philadelphia) (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #27 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Awesome location for relaxing city stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I recently booked the Radisson Plaza-Warwick through Priceline, and admittedly was a bit nervous...last time we stayed in a Radisson it was just ok and not in a great neighborhood. This hotel, however, was a big improvement and completely surprised me.

The hotel is in an excellent location for shopping and dining, in the upscale Rittenhouse Square neighborhood. Lots of great restaurants and higher-end shops within a few blocks, and convenient to both transportation and many of Center City's cultural attractions. We walked everywhere from the hotel and really enjoyed just relaxing and getting to know the neighborhood.

The lobby is clean and historic, and the room, although smaller than some newer hotels, was definitely larger than many inner-city rooms in "historic" properties. The housekeeping was excellent and while I wouldn't call anything in the room "luxurious" or trendy, it was very comfortable and roomy. I know many people complain about the Sleep Number beds, but between being tired from all the sightseeing/shopping/dining, the comfort of the beds, and the quietness of the room, we slept very well every night.

I would recommend this hotel if this sounds like your scene (not close to the Old Towne unless you like to walk a lot or take a cab/bus; we walked) and you aren't looking for the latest in hotel accomodations. We will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
RDPlazaPhiladelphia, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Hello PittTrvlr,
Thank you for posting your frank comments. I hope your experience will help others to feel confident when they choose to stay with us. Please let me know personally if your travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia. Hope to see you again!

889 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

The Radisson Warwick is a very nice hotel. The rooms seem to have been recently redone and the hotel is impeccably clean. It is in a very central and convenient part of downtown Philadelphia and is very convenient to get to/from the rail station. The internet is fast and is included and there's a nice cafe and bar downstairs. The room menu leaves a lot to be desired but there are so many dining options nearby that it's not that big of a deal. Because the hotel is sandwiched in between many other buildings, don't be surprised if your view is of the side of a building. If that's important, make sure and ask to see if they can get you a street-facing room. Be warned, though, that it's a very busy part of the city and it might be louder.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Hello Garspolyglotte,
Thank you for your honest and frank comments. I'm sure others will see things as you did. I appreciate the time you took to write the posting and we hope to see you again the next time your travel plans include a stopover in Philadelphia-
Ossining, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Room is beautiful but that is all this hotel has going for it. Very far from attractions, there is no pool and no breakfast included at the hotel. the lounge/restaurant has karaoke on Saturdays and is a lot of fun and the food is very good. When my family checked in, they had fresh water but it was empty and then after the day we checked in there was never water there again. I was told they didn't have it out until 11am and at night it is not around. It should be provided all day. Parking is much too expensive, especially if you are staying at the hotel, it should be free or at least a discounted rate. For the price you pay for this hotel, coffee or a danish should be at least provided.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
RDPlazaPhiladelphia, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Hello clover1991
I am sorry that our hotel did not fit your expectation. Please let me know if your travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia. I would like to buy you breakfast next time! We appreciate your time in writing a review on TA.
Thanks!
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

David and Kileeo at the Front desk made the stay just perfect. Service is excellent and the location is just great. Will be back again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Hello TravGuru
Cant wait to see you again! Thank you for your kind review. Please let me know personally if you come back to the hotel. I will find a special room for you.
Thanks again-Andy
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

The location of this hotel in Philadelphia can't be beat. It is around the corner from Rittenhouse square and all the nice sidewalk cafes there. Easy to walk to many places or take transportation to tourist areas. We felt totally safe in the neighborhood, and had wonderful meals at the local restaurants. Particularly morning pastries and coffee at Miel Patisserie on the same street!
The lobby of the Radisson is beautiful, and the hotel offers water steeped with citrus or other fruits all the time. Very refreshing when returning after a hot afternoon out! The front desk was efficient and helpful. I liked our room just fine. It was clean with a big bathroom, lots of towels. Didn't use any hotel amenities, or the restaurants.

Another plus to this hotel is the parking. There is a parking garage with an entrance into the hotel. Hotel guests receive a special rate $15 a night with in and out priviledges. Really good price for Philly. We loved the convenience, and ease of parking there.

My one complaint - the sleep number beds!!! Ask for a room without them, if you want to be comfortable. Ours changed numbers at night, was too hard or too soft. We were never really comfortable on them, and my family and I can sleep well on most mattresses! The beds are the only reason not to give this hotel a five star rating.

We will definitely stay here if we come back to Philly - but in a room without those beds.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Hello Cyclopsina,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us; we certainly appreciate your candidness!
Regarding parking, just to be clear for others, your $15 rate was a summer parking promo that the garage was running. The regular parking rate is $34 per night.
Hope to see you again the next time you are in Philadelphia.
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stopped in here for the night and to see some of the city and it was great. Neighborhood was pretty quiet, we were upgraded to the executive floor for only $5 and that gave us free room service breakfast. So not bad at all. We opted for parking across the street at the garage.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
RDPlazaPhiladelphia, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Hello Telamm,
Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review for us. We really appreciate the posting!
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I stayed at the Radisson Warwick for four nights last week. I don't have a problem with the hotel or its location or staff.
However, I DO have a problem with the way it bills. I booked my room through Booking.com and was guaranteed a price.However, when I checked out I saw that the hotel had charged me an extra $90.When I enquired about this from the lady at the front desk she said that the hotel sometimes charges a higher rate if the occupancy levels are high. This is TOTALLY inappropriate. The hote should have stuck to the rate it sold the room at through Booking.com.
I have sent two e-mails about this incident to the Reservations Manager at the hotel and haven't even received a reply. That's just rude and unprofessional.
I will DEFINITELY not be staying at this property on my next visit to Philadelphia and I would strongly urge potential guests to get some sort of price guarantee from the hotel before checking in.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
RDPlazaPhiladelphia, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Hello, this does not make sense to me. It sounds like your rate may have changed during your stay due to higher occupancy forecast, but this variance would have needed to be accepted by you prior to confirming your booking.com reservation. Please contact me at the hotel to discuss this issue further. I assure you that this is not the way we operate our Hotel. Thank you.

Been to Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!