“Outstanding Hotel in the City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Rittenhouse Hotel

You added The Rittenhouse Hotel to your Saves list
The Rittenhouse Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   210 West Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Suite Indulgence Spa Pack
Ranked #1 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Annapolis, Maryland
“Outstanding Hotel in the City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Visiting the city for a wedding and this was one of the preferred hotels. Normally we would have scrimped and chosen a lesser property, but the price differential was not that great so we decided to go for it. We have stayed in premier properties in NYC and Washington, but I would say that this tops them for service and care and quality of room.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
It was a pleasure to have you with us while you were in town to attend a wedding. Whether hosting an event here or simply staying with us for events elsewhere, we are proud to be your hotel of choice in Philadelphia. Please come back to visit us sometime soon and thank you for recommending us to others.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I went to college in Philly, came to love the city and try to come back a couple times a year. After trying a few other hotels here, I've now taken to always staying at the Rittenhouse. Location is perfect; staff are professional and friendly; and the rooms are very large and comfortable. It's an incredibly elegant yet cozy property.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Brandon,

We are proud to be your Philadelphia home and appreciate your "elegant yet cozy" assessment of our product and service. Please let us know if their is anything that would make your future stays more comfortable. The more that we can personalize your experience, the better!
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What a grand hotel! From the minute we pulled in to the minute we left, everything was spot-on perfect.

Check-in was incredibly smooth, and everyone from the valet to the concierge to the front desk staff was helpful, cheerful, and personable.

Our room was AMAZING. We had a fantastic view of the park because of massive windows. The king-sized bed was so comfortable we didn't wake up once. Our room (suite?) was so spacious, and I loved that there was a vanity area right outside the bathroom so I could get ready while the fella showered. Speaking of the shower, it was awesome; most stand-up showers barely have enough room to turn around, but this one might've been bigger than my entire house. The toiletries and water pressure were great, and it came with a hair dryer (hooray) and a scale (boo hiss).

The staff gave us a complimentary fruit bowl and offered turn down service. We also had a card under our door in the morning with the weather forecast. Last but not least, free wifi!

The location couldn't be better and more central for what we wanted to do (LOVE park, art museum, Independence Hall, Liberty Bell), and it was easy to walk places or catch a cab to/from the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the park - great view
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We are so happy that you so thoroughly enjoyed your visit! Your praise and recommendation to others is the highest compliment we can receive...We truly appreciate it.

I look forward to sharing your review with the team here at The Rittenhouse. I know that they will be both motivated and energized by your feedback.
Ewing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just had an amazing night at the Rittenhouse hotel. The employees treated us like royalty. Every detail of the evening was perfect from the luscious robes to the chocolate covered strawberries to the delicious breakfast buffet. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Our setting and amenities make us a perfect spot for romance. The Library Bar and Lacroix could not be better for a quiet drink and dinner for two. Our new spa even offers couples massages..

Please be sure to come back to visit whenever time allows.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Second visit . This time much better than last. Lovely rooms, very nice health clubs, good spa and nice staff. Hotel is immaculate. Wrote to GM about last visit and was pleased with response and perfect stay this time. Also great location. Stay here-

Room Tip: ask for overlooking park square
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
It is such a pleasure to receive an endorsement from a frequent traveler, return guest and Top Contributor to TripAdvisor. Thank you.

We are very happy you experienced surpassed your earlier stay and hope to have you back as frequently as possible. Please let me know if I may ever be of assistance to you.

-Reg Archambault
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is definitely one of the best in its class. Right from the time I got off my cab till the time I left, the service was excellent. Their staff was polite and took care of everything I required. This goes for the doorman, bellman, the concierge, the room-service attendant, the front-desk and even random members of their staff I came across.
Moreover the rooms were huge and were kept in top notch condition. Not one complaint!
When I returned to my room after dinner, the room was made up again. Not only that, there was some serious pampering! Notes left by the staff on behalf of the manager informing me about the weather the next day, asking if I needed a shoe shine and so on!
The area is the best in Philly. Bang in front of the Rittenhouse square park and about a mile away from the Liberty Bell.

I had a great stay!! When in Philly the next time, The RIttenhouse is definitely my choice!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kimaya,

Thank you so much for taking the time to recommend us to others. Your comments are a great motivator to our team who truly enjoy making a difference with every guest. The observation you made regarding our friendliness even in passing is especially rewarding...

We hope to welcome you back soon!
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Outstanding hotel - the best service and nicest room we have ever experienced anywhere, and we are frequent travelers who stay in top rated hotels. All of the employees are stellar - anticipating our every need and taking care of everything effortlessly. At check in we were upgraded to a large, beautiful suite facing the park. While the decor may not be described as "chic" by some, the suite was much more comfortable and functional than that which we have experienced in newer hotels, and was in very good condition. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the suite was very large, quiet and clean. Housekeeping was incredible, always supplying us with many extra towels without us even having to ask. The concierge service was phenomenal - they had great recommendations and promptly helped us get tickets and dinner reservations that were not easily obtainable. During our stay, I was finishing a business transaction and never had to leave my room - they printed documents for me and delivered them to me almost instantaneously. The food served in the hotel restaurants and at my husband's conference was excellent and really characteristic of Philly's best. The valet was always right on time - every time I called for my car, it was promptly waiting for me. The doormen and valets were extremely friendly and helpful - not the snobby attitude that I have experienced at other fine hotels. The location is the best in the city. I am a Philadelphia native and I would not consider staying anywhere else when I return for another visit. While all of the service was impeccable, kudos especially to Meghan at the front desk, Brian in housekeeping, Sean and Frank at the concierge desk, and Joe at the door. Stay at this hotel - you will not be disappointed. It is simply the best in Philly.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor facing the park.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Your review truly captures the spirit of The Rittenhouse...seamless, friendly service in a setting where you feel at home and extremely well taken care of at the same time.

We are proud to be your home hotel, especially since you are from Philadelphia originally. I look forward to sharing your endorsement of our efforts with all of our team- especially those whom you mentioned by name.

Been to The Rittenhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!