My wife and two children (6 and a half year old daughter and 1 and a half year old son) just came back from an overnight trip to Philly. I can say, without question, that The Rittenhouse Hotel is one of the all time greats. From the minute we pulled up, we were treated like royalty. While I checked in, the Bellhop invited my children to pick a toy from the "Treasure Chest".
I explained that I was concerned that my son, a screamer, might keep people up at night. I was assured that the position of our room (one of the 08 rooms) was such that it would not be disruptive to guests nearby. The room, by the way, was an upgrade from the original room we booked. We were grateful for the additional space and the amazing view of the park across the way.
The concierge staff was extremely helpful to suggest an itinerary for our short visit, and we managed to see many of the famous sights, and ate well. We even managed to take a ride in the Jaguar to pick up a late night cheesesteak!
My only regret was that tea was not served in the Cassatt Room. It was the highlight of a previous visit, and I wanted my wife and daughter to experience it. Because of the renovation, the tea was served in a small board room. My daughter still felt like a princess, but I would have loved to see her face light up when walking into the Cassatt room.
All in all, it was a really special trip and we look forward to staying at The Rittenhouse again.
- Also Known As:
- The Rittenhouse Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse Philadelphia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AAA Five Diamond Award winning Rittenhouse Hotel (23 years consecutively) is rated one of the top hotels in the World as well as #1 hotel in Pennsylvania by Travel + Leisure. The Rittenhouse has an ideal location directly on Rittenhouse Square for business or pleasure. Guests may walk out with easy access to boutique shopping, restaurants and the Center City business district is just steps away. The guestrooms at the Rittenhouse are the largest in the city, the smallest measuring 450-600 square feet, with views of Rittenhouse Square or the city. Guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, overnight shoe shine and newspaper delivery to their room. Lacroix at the Rittenhouse is one of the top restaurants in Philadelphia with panoramic views of Rittenhouse Square. Our Sunday Brunch is rated #1 in Philadelphia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LHW, Expedia, Loews Hotels, Otel, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your The Rittenhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.