“attentive in all ways” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“attentive in all ways”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The staff was very attentive. The rooms was large, well-appointed and clean. Turn down service was available and the room was "straightened up". The hotel is well located. The food is excellent and room service was very prompt.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Bud290,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Rittenhouse. I look forward to sharing it with housekeeping and our food and beverage teams. We focus quite a bit on engagement and attentiveness to expressed and unexpressed wishes. I am happy to see this quality was evident when you joined us.

We look forwrd to seeing you again in Philadelphia.

463 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was a one night stay over the weekend and was booked via the American Express Fine Hotel and Resorts (FHR) program. My complaint is that the hotel only lets you use the special amenity of "US$100 food and beverage credit to be used during your stay" at Lacroix at the Rittenhouse and you are informed this at check-in via a letter. However, the American Express website lists BOTH restaurants at The Rittenhouse Hotel as Smith and Wollensky, and Lacroix as dinning options; thus the title of my review as you are lead to believe that F&B credit is good at either upon booking. I suggest that hotel inform AmEx of this policy to alert potential customers on the FHR website during the booking process, as I wouldn't of stayed here as solo traveler on a leisure trip.

Also, my impression was that the front desk was uninterested, but maybe this was because I was a NY Giant fan in town for the Giant-Eagle Sunday Night game.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Messina,

Thank you for your observations regarding the FHR web site and our Front Office. We will reach out to our partners at American Express this week to correct this discrepancy. I am truly sorry about any confusion and understand yur disappointment based on the information provided.

On the Front Office point, we accomodate fans from all NFL cities regardless or rivalries... In all seriousness, the fact that we weren't as warm and welcoming as we should have been is concerning and has been adressed. I appreciate you bringing these items to my attention because your comments are be taken in a constructive manner.

Please consider us you home away from home and thank you for chosing to stay with us. If I may ever be of assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Seal Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is the first time I've stayed at the Rittenhouse. Check-in wasn't available in the morning but the front desk staff took my cell phone number and called me when the room was ready. An upgrade room was provided that was roomy and comfortable. The bathroom was large, well appointed, and inviting. I didn't care for the bath amenities but I do realize that they were high end and quality nonethess. I liked the fact that the elevator was nearby my room but not close enough to here the cars going up and down. The food was excellent, and I highly recommend the buffet breakfast. Interestingly, when I arrived at the room, there was no plant in the room. Later that day, a large indoor plant arrived to liven up the room. I suppose they only put them in the room when a guest is actually assigned that room.

The only complaint I had was that the shower handles to control the water actually needed a sign (that was actually provided!) to get hot water to issue. After following the sign's direction in the shower on how to turn on the hot water (first time I've seen such a sign in my many hotel stays), I still could not get hot water to come out. I actually had to call maintenance and voila, the hot water worked. Goes to show that if have to put a sign in the shower stall to learn how to get hot water, then a simpler faucet would be better.

The food was superb, well presented, and delicious. The wait staff was incredible. I had a petit filet mignon and it was one of the best prepared pieces of beef I've ever had. The service staff throughout the hotel were cordial, polite, and helpful.

Check out was fast and efficient. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Philadelphia.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear rodjune,

I receive many comments from various sources and your review is one of the most thoughful and thorough that I have ever read. I truly appreciate your observations and would like to let you know we will strive to be rated "outstanding" in your eyes.

Towards that end, we are already in the process of switching out our bath amenities to a much higher quality and eco friendly product. I look forward to hearing your opinion about this amenity upon your return. We do feature living plants in all the rooms, yours must have been in the process of being replaced, and plan to add an orchid in all guest bathrooms shortly. Lastly, the shower valve is confusing and I am happy to report all of our rooms will be refreshed with new soft goods, furnishings and fixtures next year.

We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice in Philadelphia.

Orange Park, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Rittenhouse Hotel is the perfect location for a Philadelphia visit. Our room overlooks the Rittenhouse Square and with the fall foliage it is a spectacular view. Room is spacious with plush towels and linens. Walking distance to the historic area (we walked to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall today). Surrounded by dozens of wonderful restaurants. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I'm sure all views are good....but we love looking over the square.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Lotsoftravel904,

We are certainly proud of our location on the west side of Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia. No matter if you have a park or city view, all 111 of our guest rooms are within a stone's throw to all that Center City has to offer. We hope to see you again soon when your travel plans allow.

Thank you for posting your review based on your visit.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This hotel truly belongs in the Leading Hotels of the World family. From the moment you enter you are treated as a welcome guest. Room was very large with excellent amenities. Housekeeping was extremely detailed. The location is excellent, within walking distance of the train station if desired. LaCroix restaurant is superb as is the service. I have always had simply an outstanding experience every time here. The bath has both a large walk in marble shower as well as a large separate tub. Beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear FScfs,

We are proud to be one of the Leading Hotels of the World and very pleased to see how much you enjoyed our location, amenities and most of all service... I look forward to sharing your review with our entire team. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our efforts and please come back again soon.

Washington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Exceptional service and comfort. No doubt pricey, you do get what you pay for. Location is perfect, walking distance to walnut street which has heaps of eatery and shopping. A short drive to Independence Hall and South Street, about 15 minutes away. Rittenhouse Square is literally at your doorstep, beautiful park to sit and observe your surrounding. We had dinner at PARC which is across the road, exceptional french cuisine that doesn't break the pocket.

Lacroix Brunch - We were a tad disappointed by the variety of food but it was of good quality. The most memorable part for us was being in the kitchen (i.e. part of the buffet is in the kitchen) and meeting the chefs.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here even though it was just a 1 night weekend getaway. Be sure to check out the free early evening cocktail and cookies provided near the reception desk!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Essie3,

It was our pleasure to have you with us. Thank you for pointing out some of the unique and inviting features of our property. Point well taken about our Sunday Brunch... We regularly change and add to our selections and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our Executive Chef who will certainly look to local purveyors for fresh fall flavors.

Please be sure to come back whenever it is convenient. We look forward to seeing you again.

NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I just got back from a three day stay at The Rittenhouse. We have stayed in a variety of luxury hotels over the years, but there is an attention to detail and a warmth of service that truly sets this hotel above the rest. The rooms are gorgeous; the location on Rittenhouse Square is fantastic; the lobby area is beautiful and serene. We have stayed in two other hotels in Philadelphia but I can't imagine not coming back to the Rittenhouse on our next visit to Pholadelphia.

• Stayed September 2012
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear State of Mainer,

Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled you have made us your Philadelphia address due in no small part to the dedication of our team. Location and amenities are certainly important, but warmth in service is the truly our hallmark.

We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon.

Reg Archambault

Been to The Rittenhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!