You added Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Northeast to your Saves list
Ranked #60 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
DC/MD
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night to attend a wedding rehearsal. Checking in was simple and painless. The room smelled a little funny like it was old or something but not horrible. The room had a fridge and a microwave which I loved. The bed seemed to have someone else's hair still on it which got on my clothes and face. But the location was great! It's near everything. So many stores, and restaurants nearby for your convenience. Parking was great since it was free. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
kathyleen1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Thank you for your recent posting about the Four Points Sheraton. I am pleased that you were very satisfied with the hotel and the friendly staff. The free parking, free wifi, and refrigerator/microwave in all rooms are amenities our guests certainly enjoy. The bedding issue you mentioned has been addressed to correct. We certainly hope to see you again if your visit this area.

Patrick Brogan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Fairfield, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel a multitude of times over the past ten years, since it was a Doubletree, and feel it has gone swiftly downhill in quality over the past year. The past three times we have stayed in the last year, there have been HUGE room parties that have been noisy enough to hear through concert-quality earplugs. I also feel like the bathrooms are never really clean and the room is sort of stale-feeling. Call me old-fashioned, but I like my room to smell like it is actually clean, not just dusted from the last person.

My last stay last week was with my newborn, who somehow slept through most of the noise from a party two doors down. They had a cooler in the hallway! Being that it is Philly, I did not want to meet my "neighbors" to ask them to keep it down, but by 12:30am, I had had enough. I called down to the front desk and was promptly put on hold for five minutes, before I could even say anything. When I was answered, the front desk person said they would send a manager up to investigate, but the noise of the party did not decrease, nor did I hear any knocks on a door, so guessing nothing happened. I did not want to change rooms, because I did not want to wake up my baby and be shuffled around in the middle of the night. The party died down around 2:30 and we slept in until 8 and promptly checked out.

Most of the time, my husband and I are literally just sleeping here, as my family does not have enough space at their house. The hotel was an affordable alternative. Now, with a baby, I don't feel like this is the sort of place I want to stay. I will definitely be looking for a new hotel to stay at, even if we have to go downtown.

I called Customer Support to complain and they said gee thanks for the complaint, but did not offer anything in the way of a discount or refund, just an apology for the bad stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room on the first floor or the Roosevelt Boulevard side. It will be all noisy gu...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stays at the Four Points Sheraton. I do apologize about the noise levels during your visits, which I have reviewed with our overnight staff and security. The next time you travel to the area, please contact me and I will assure you that your stay will be more pleasant.

Bukwaas, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Location - Bit far from Sesame Place. Nowhere to really walk to nearby except some shops. Right off the highway, which is a bit noisy.

Food - Bit skimpy on the breakfast buffet selections, with slow service.

Rooms - Decent.

Fitness - Reasonable (free) gym/pool.

Internet - Free WiFi.

Parking - Free (although a crowded lot).

Service - Good.

Price - $94 on Hotwire.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
kathyleen1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit at the Four Points Sheraton Philadelphia Northeast. I see that overall you were pleased with your stay, especially enjoying the free amenities the hotel offers- free Wifi; free parking; and the indoor pool and fitness room. I will address the breakfast cooments you made. We are equal distance to Sesame Place and the children's attractions in Philadelphia, which makes the hotel a favorite for families looking for more options than just visiting Sesame Place. We hope to see you on another trip to Philadelphia.

Woodbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

This hotel was amazing! Every room comes with a mircrowave and fridge! This was perfect for me b/c I bring food with me when I travel. The hotel also has an extensive gym. (exstensive for a hotel)

Service was excellent.

Lots of places to eat in the area.

Very clean and very comfortable beds.

One bad thing was my AC was very loud.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
kathyleen1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, November 13, 2011
Thank you for your very positive comments about the hotel cleanliness and above average amenities, including the fitness facility, indoor salt water pool, and a microwave and refrigerator in every guest room. We have these with the guest needs in mind. The hotel is located in a retail area, with many restaurants and stores within walking distance. We pride ourselves on customer service, as you noted. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Northeast Philadelphia.
Cape May, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

The elevator broke on the evening that I arrived and I had a difficult time locating the stairwells. The temperature of the shower never exceeded luke warm.

The staff was nice. But the check-out person, who was in training could not figure out if my bill was paid in full or not.

Convenient location with free parking. But based on their nightly rate... I expected a lot more for my money. This hotel gave me the experience that I would have expected years ago when I was a college co-ed looking for somewhere cheap and safe to sleep and store my clothes while I partied.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
kathyleen1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, November 12, 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I am aware that there was an elevator issue, that when reported, took a half-hour to return to full operation once the repairs were made. There were no other comments regarding the water temperature, although I have had my engineering department check the boiler system. I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I appreciate the mention of the friendly staff and the convenient location.

Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I called for a room and was told there were plenty. When I arrived with a cupon I was told they were sold out. I called five minutes later and was told there were plenty of rooms. Seems they don't want you to use the cupon. After arguing for fifteen minutes they took the cupon. Either they gave me a bad room because I used teh cupon, on this is just the condition of the property. The windows in my room were missing the center rubber strip. Truck fumes would come in from the shopping center next door. It seems they treat different people different ways. The manager is a real nice guy, but his help is not so good. I recpmmend staying else where.

Room Tip: Ge a room that does not face where the trucks park.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
kathyleen1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding the discount coupon and room issue. The coupon program has restrictions based on hotel occupancy that can be better noted on the actual coupon, which we will address. The hotel engineering department is checking all windows to make sure they are in place. I appreciate your feedback and hope you consider our hotel when returning to the area.

Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

This was a great hotel. The staff was very friendly, the room was very clean, and the amenities (e.g., ample free parking, free wi-fi) were great. The only downside is the location. Roosevelt Blvd has a LOT of traffic lights and was confusing for me (and especially my GPS) to navigate. If you miss the entrance to the hotel, getting back onto the blvd is complicated and can take almost 10 minutes. Also, traffic on the blvd was awful due to the number of lights. My advice if you stay here is 1) don't miss the entrance to the hotel and 2) add lots of extra time to your expected driving time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
kathyleen1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Northeast, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
I am pleased that you were very satisfied with the hotel cleanliness, free wifi, free parking, and the extremely friendly staff at the Four Points Sheraton Philadelphia Northeast. Once the guests arrive at the hotel, they have complete knowledge of how to access the hotel for their next visit. Like your comments, it is truely a worthwhile experience. We look forward to seeing you again.

Patrick Brogan

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Northeast? Share your experiences!