“Best hotel at the Philly Airport” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #58 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Anchorage, AK
“Best hotel at the Philly Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

Outstanding value for the price. Huge rooms, terrific pool, very quiet, super clean. If you need to spend the night near the airport or if you are looking for a base of operations for the Philly area, this is a terrific choice.
Only drawback: not really anything within walking distance.
Our family stayed in two adjacent (but not adjoining) rooms. The rooms were very large and well-designed, with extra-spacious bathrooms. Despite the proximity of the airport, our rooms were perfectly quiet and we were able to get excellent rest. Beds seemed very new and were thoroughly comfortable. No flat screen TVs, but they offered a very wide range of channels which made up for it.
We were upgraded (without even asking) to the concierge level, which offers a nearly continuous free repast (Continental breakfast, midday snack, afternoon tea, hors d'oeuvres, then dessert). Breakfast included a wide range of options to suit nearly everyone - cereals & oatmeal; fruits; bagels/muffins/toast with jams, peanut butter, cream cheese; hard-boiled eggs; cottage cheese; cold cuts etc.
There is an evening honor bar with wine and liquor/mixes for cocktails. Hors d'oeuvres included jalapeno poppers, mixed nuts, sliced meats & cheeses. After that, the desserts (one night's offering: both triple chocolate cake & cheesecake) were almost too much.
The hotel features exceptional staff who were genuinely friendly and helpful. Although it was our first time staying there, it was clear from the interactions that many of the guests had been there repeatedly. The guests & staff greeted one another like old friends, inquiring about this one's grand-baby and that one's new car.
Free parking and good location near the airport and highways.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Delaware Water Gap, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

The hotel is adequate by anyones standards. Even thought its at the airport runway side, it was reasonably quiet. Not very far from downtown Philadelphia. The price for the hotel room was $80 plus tax and fees = $96.
Now here is the problem I have with this hotel. This is a business hotel.
Dinner, not extravagant, $40 per person.
Beer, local brew on tap, $5 x 4 = $20
Dewars on the rocks $10.
Movie in your room (2012) $18.95.
High Speed Internet $12.95 per day.
I don't think I'm cheap, but I thought it was outrageously expensive for what I received. . . WOW.
Stay there, but have dinner and a move somewhere else or you'll pay . . . a lot.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

I stayed overnight at this hotel on February 11, 2010.

I arrived at PHL at 11:45 PM. I called for the shuttle and it took 25 minutes for it to arrive. The driver of the shuttle didn't get out of the van or help with my bag and he wasn't that friendly to me.

I had a bit of a wait to check in. There was one person to check people in and two pilots were checking in and they took a long time. Someone else eventually came to check me in. I was in room 708, a junior suite. I had trouble with my key card not working. A trip back down to the desk got me someone to come with me. It took him 9 tries for the door to open. They offered to get me a new key card but I was leaving the hotel in less than 6 hours. I didn't need to go in and out.

The room was great. Big. I turned the temperature down. It was comfortable but it never got as cold as I like it. I needed to check the status of my flight the next morning and I had to pay for the internet access. $2.95 for an hour. That definitely effects my decision to ever stay there again. There was an alarm clock radio but the alarm time wouldn't change. I called the front desk asking for a 5:20 AM wake up call. They called at 5:10 AM. The bed was big and comfortable. I only slept for 4 hours but it was a good sleep.

I went downstairs at 6:30 AM to catch the 6:40 AM shuttle to the airport and there were 5 families already waiting with 6 to 10 pieces of luggage. It looked like the hotel let people park there for free while they were on their trip if they stayed one night. That put me last in line behind several families for the shuttle. I didn't have the time to wait so I took a cab to the airport.

Overall I would not stay here again. I'd probably recommend it to leisure travelers but not for business travelers. It's a nice hotel, nice rooms, clean, etc. But when I'm traveling for business I like specific things and this hotel didn't measure up for me.

Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

I was very nervous about this hotel after reading the reviews. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay.

The hotel shuttle was prompt, but it could have been cleaner inside. The check-in staff (Khalil) was very personable and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. The TV is older, but it worked fine and had plenty of channels. Breakfast was very good, just a little pricey. It did snow during the stay, but the parking lot was getting plowed. Overall good experience and close to the airport.

allentown
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

Our car was parked there for a week during the February snow storm. Flying home from the caribbean I was wondering how I was going to dig it out. Was I surprised to see it swept off and cleaned all around. I warmed it up and drove off. Hats off to the staff.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

We stayed at this hotel, paid the $50.00 parking fee, and returned to find our car windows smashed and the vehicle vandalized. We were told that ours was one of many vandalized in the hotel's parking area, that there is no "secure" parking, and that there aren't even surveillance cameras. After meeting with police, we stayed another night since it was too late to travel home in a car without windows in January. Upon going to our car the next morning, we found yet another guest's vehicle with its windows smashed and vandalized just that morning. Thankfully, our timing was such that we weren't confronted by the perpetrators and escaped physical assault. A parking lot along high weeds and railroad tracks is not safe and a lack of surveillance cameras is inexcusable. In retrospect, having to put the requisite "parking permission card" on the dashboard was an open invitation to theft. So far, no satisfaction from the hotel - they just reiterate that they are not responsible for theft and loss.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

What a surprise and let down. I should have read more reviews before booking. Not what you expect from a Renaissance.

Listed as a 4 Star property, but it's a 3 star at best.

The outside of the property is beautiful.

Doorman was on his cell phone and watched me struggling to get through the doors with my luggage without offering any help. I was within 2 foot of him.

Automatic Doors broken at entrance.

25" Tube Television

The kicker - when I opened the door to the room I was overwhelmed with a floral smell. They use Glade Car Air Fresheners by hanging them from the light in the entry way (see pics I posted). You know, the kind that say "Car Freshener" and are shaped like a tree!! Seriously - at a 4 Star Property?? I'm not sure I'd be happy with seeing that at any hotel, regardless of the star rating.

The one good thing - close to the airport!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!