“Very Nice Room, dificult to locate if driving alone.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #58 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Illinois
“Very Nice Room, dificult to locate if driving alone.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

Despite the remote location my wife and I thought this hotel was very nice. Specifically the room was excellent and the bed quite comfortable. The door key did not work and it took 15 minutes to get that resolved. I find it hard to believe that the staff did not know about this key pass malfunction for this specific room. Other than that it was pleasant stay. The cab- which was small with no AC and the fare to the ballpark was $25 each way and given the $50 extra it might have been nice to stay in a Philly proper hotel and not have to worry about getting a cab. However it was convenient to the airport notwithstanding it's very confusing locale especially when the visitor is alone or travelling at night in a rental car. Staff at the desk was very friendly...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

I had clients booked at this hotel. Upon arrival last night, the clerk had no reservation. They called me and I referenced the confirmation numbers to the call center. The call center indicated the HOTEL cancelled the reservations on April 29. No reason for the cancellation was stated. One client complained of poor A/C in his room and they both had no hot water this morning. The hotel did give them 10,000 bonus points for the inconvenience. I have conducted several events in this hotel in the years past and never had problems. I must agree with other reviews that the hotel is aging.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

There were issues with the food but they took care of. We had a convention there. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

My husband and I checked it to hotel for Valentines weekend, We were very dissapointed at what we walked into. There were 2 teenage girls basketball team and 3 boys hockey teams staying the weekend aswell. There were kids running ramped all night through halls,screaming slambing doors, security had thier hands full chasing them all weekend! Had no piece and quiet all weekend. I have 2 teenage girls myself who would never act like that ever! They were pouring shampoo in the whirlpool and it was a bubbly mess. Indoor pool was a mess and was screaming all night till 10 pm. Did not sleep at all the whole weekend! Was very dissapointing!

• Liked — Resturant was very nice!
  • Disliked — Almost everything
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lancaster, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

The hotel is a little hard to find, we drove right by the road you needed to turn onto. The hotel is older and has been refurbished many times. The room was nicely decorated and we got a small bottle of sparkling wine at check in. We did have a problem with our toilet clogging and since it was 11:00PM there was no one there for maintenance so we had to change rooms. The next morning our shower had a VERY slow drain. The manager apologized and said they are in the process of working on bathrooms since the hotel is old.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

I stayed here for two nights during a recent business trip to Philadelphia. I travel for business frequently and I found this hotel was a typical airport hotel in that it is a little hard to find, one needs to drive to go out for food, etc., as there is nothing around it and it is a little worn from a lot of use but better then many I have stayed in.

They were doing some painting and major cleaning while I was there which is nice to see. The rooms while large and comfortable need some work as the sliding closet doors would not slide, they were stuck in place, the air conditioning intake on the wall was all kicked in, the lighting in the bathroom was very poor to the extent that it was hard to see ones image in the mirror and the drain in the shower did not drain very well at all. But with all of that said it was a large comfortable room and bed.

I booked the room directly with Marriott and was told there were only concierge rooms left and I booked one. But after I hurriedly checked in I realized that I had not received a concierge room and called the front desk and they ultimately refunded the $30 difference per night. I have learned that I could have pressed reservations for a non concierge room as clearly they were available and it seemed that the hotel was more then half empty. They charge $10.00 per 24 hours for Internet service while some other chains have done away with this fee, it is about time Marriott does the same.

The food in the bar was very good and fairly priced. This is a good choice if you need to stay near the Philadelphia airport.

• Liked — Bar food was good
  • Disliked — Needs some work
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

To keep this short and sweet. My husband and I stayed here from one night to fly out in the morning. We were pleasantly surprised when arriving. Staff was nice and check in was smooth.
When we got to our room we were more than happy with the decor and especially the bed. It was VERY comfortable. The pool area is nice however we didnt use it. The bar was also cute. We had a drink to start off our vacation. I will say, it was hard to wake up in the morning due to the comfort of the bed. BUT it had to be done! I would most certainly return here. The service is great and the shuttle service is very convenient.

• Liked — The beds were amazing
  • Disliked — That i had to leave so soon.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Renaissance Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!