“Had its highs and lows” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #57 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Had its highs and lows”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed here for a few nights and had a few issues. Check in was quick and efficient. Got to the room and did the typical check of the sheets and came across a small blood stain. Sheets were quickly replaced. The bathroom counter had a sag as if someone heavy sat on it and it was pulling away from the wall but all still worked well. High notes were the hotel bar was newly renovated which gave it a good atmosphere and service was good. The lobby itself has also been recently renovated and has a large sitting area along with a large tv sitting area. If I was to come back to Phily I would stay here but I would ask for the first 3 floors since I found out as I was leaving that they were the rooms that have been renovated.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Gloversville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We were in town for a Philly game and stayed at this hotel. The hotel was clean and quiet. Could use a decor update, but it served its purpose at a reasonable price. Free breakfast was pretty basic, but tasted fine. Staff was pleasant.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I really appreciate the detail this property pays to making every stay special. By far this is the best hotel from a food and service perspective I have ever stayed at and you can check my profile for days and properties stayed. This Renaissance rivals the Ritz and JW but sometimes you can’t always have their facilities and their team and staff make up for that in a big way. That is where properties like this excel by making a difference. I appreciate the attention to detail and the staff. It is not the Ritz but they do an amazing job with what they have.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We had a flight get cancelled due to snow, so we were stranded with two kids. The Renaissance had rooms, and did not overcharge. Quick snack at Dorseys and we were off to bed. At 5AM they took us to the Airport. Big line up checking in, but the handled it fast and with a smile. Nice looking lobby, was only there a few hours so did not get to see the rest of the hotel

Room Tip: Very close to the airport, great choice if your flight is cancelled
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

The artsy lobby is ok, if that's what you want in a hotel. Other than that, there is nothing to distinguish this hotel. The bed is quite good, as one expects from Marriott properties. The internet is pricey and sketchy. Why, when one pays over $250 for a single night, does the hotel really need to extort another twelve bucks for a couple hours of wifi? Skip the shuttle and take a cab and you'll get to the airport more quickly. I usually stay downtown, but a single convention can capture very downtown hotel room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
integrity_9, General Manager at Renaissance Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First let me say how disappointed we are that we could not give you a better stay. The staff puts a great deal of effort to distinguish the property, but failed to do so.

Regarding the internet we will be upgraded with a new WiFi in the next two weeks. The new system will give each guest a greater band width to be able to download at a faster speed.

I do apologize for the shuttle service. We do have three vans operating at all times. I am not sure what happened at the moment you needed to go to the airport but would be happy to investigate if you wish to reach out to me.

Jersey City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

There aren't too many hotels in downtown Philadelphia compared to other major cities. One large convention can fill them all off, sending many business travelers out to the airport. In this case, it was either the Renaissance or settle for South Jersey.

It's easy to see why this property is the last to fill up. It's old, it's in a bad location and the amenities simply fail to live up to the Renaissance brand standards.

I like the new lobby. It was recently remodeled, and it's a big improvement. The entire ground floor has been spruced up and looks much better than before.

But basic things are still subpar. The Internet situation, in particular, is a disaster. It hardly worked anywhere in the hotel, which is unacceptable when you're traveling for work. The parking lot, while free, is crowded and difficult to navigate. Even the airport shuttle is unreliable -- I've never been to an airport hotel that refused to transport guests because the shuttle is "too full." This just tells me you need more shuttles. You're an airport hotel -- a vast, vast majority of your guests are going to the airport.

I'm not saying I won't stay here again. Chances are, as a Marriott loyalist, I will. It's my last resort in Philadelphia, though.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
integrity_9, General Manager at Renaissance Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is important for us to know what our guests are experiencing so we can better serve them in the future.

Regarding the condition of the hotel, we are continuing with plans on renovating. We have completed all of our public space as well as meeting space and our formulating plans for the upcoming guest floors. Additionally, we are implementing an entirely new WiFi system in the next two weeks that will give our guests increased bandwidth as well as speed. That being said we strive to present a clean, well maintained property for you to enjoy.

While you are loyal to Marriott, do not hesitate to contact us for future arrangements. we hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

Sincerely.
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

overall this was a nice hotel, and in all honesty, if I was not comparing it to other Renaissance hotels that I have been to, I would probably give it a higher rating.

What I liked about the hotel:
. Nice room with a large dining table (I assume I was upgraded)
. free internet for Elite members
. Free access to the concierge lounge for elite members
. adequate gym

What I did not like about the hotel
. The concierge lounge is closed on weekends, and they don't offer free breakfast vouchers instead
. The concierge lounge offerings are pretty scarce. Far lower level than other concierge lounges at Renaissances or Marriotts
. The hotel simply is not as high end as other Renaissance hotels that I have stayed at

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
integrity_9, General Manager at Renaissance Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit. I must apologize for the mishap with your breakfast vouchers for the weekend. We do offer complimentary continental breakfast in our restaurant for the weekend since the lounge is closed. It appears that you did not receive the coupons on your arrival. I would be happy to correct the matter if you reach out to me.

With regard to not being high end, we are in the middle of our renovations. Our lobby, restaurant, fitness and meeting space have all been given the new Renaissance look. Our next steps are to address the guest floors. While the rooms all have the new bedding package as well as amenities, we anticipate new furniture in our future.

Again, thank you for your insight. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Renaissance Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!