“Good location but DIRTY!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport

You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8840 Tinicum Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19153   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #66 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Fairport, New York
“Good location but DIRTY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because of it's close proximity to the Philadelphia airport. But upon arrival, we found that there are many other hotels to choose from in the same location that I'm sure provided their guests with better accommodations. First of all, both of the two rooms that we reserved were DIRTY. One of the rooms had burn holes in their bedding. And one of our traveling companions was propositioned in the elevator - even had a "calling" card given to him. There was a minimal breakfast offered in the morning. The shuttle service went OK....and our car was still there when we returned from our trip. This hotel is a disgrace to the Microtel Inn chain - take your business elsewhere.

Room Tip: Best tip - find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

All I want is clean, quiet, no smells, and everything working. Not sure our room had been vacuumed, but it wasn't bad--could have been us; there were a couple stains in the bedspreads and ceiling, a couple cigarette burns in the bedspreads, and a very slight mildew smell in the shower. For us, these are minor given the price. The only annoying thing is the temp control on the AC was stuck. No fridge or micro but free breakfast. We had a hard time finding any decent-looking restaurants and ended up at Ruby Tuesday's (near the parking lot) and paid almost as much for dinnner as the hotel; next time I would just order pizza or something and have it delivered. It's not fancy or impressive, but if you need clean and cheap, it works. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I always stay here before early morning flights out of Philly. I think the price is reasonable for its' location. It is a Microtel not the Ritz. I do agree that it is a bit threadbare and the tv's have got to go! They also allow you to park and fly for a reasonable rate. Shuttle driver this trip was very chatty and friendly... Went above his duty to help us at the airport (too many bags not enough hands!)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I don't normally spend the night in Philly, but I was running behind schedule, so I went online to find a nearby Hotel at a decent price with a half decent rating and ended up at Microtel... The first thing that I noticed was the size of this Microtel, it's HUGE compared to others I've been to, and lots of parking for my Flatbed Tow Truck (considering I had a car tagging along behind me too!).

The check in was fast and friendly, I was lucky that I booked online since it seemed as if I got the last nonsmoking room... I didn't feel like walking or driving anywhere for food, so I asked the front desk staff and they recommended a few places and even had menus on hand!

The room was clean, and really had no complaints like I see others have... Maybe because my room was a suite it was better kept, I dunno? The old style TV didn't bother me, it worked just fine, you can't really expect a hotel of this size to up and change all their TVs for the fancy thin ones when the current ones seem to work just fine.

I didn't take advantage of the breakfast at all, so I can't comment on that... Although upon checking out, there was an older gentleman there and I had to ask for my invoice (instead of being offered it), but he seemed a little preoccupied on the phone when I arrived at the desk.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Chatham, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The first room I was put into had flies all over the bed and side tables. I called down to the front desk immediately and asked for someone to take care of it. They said someone would be up to change the bed and clean up immediately. The cupboard doors were off their hinges, the cover that hides the sink drain was gone, the fridge was all banged up and the door didn't shut completely.
I went into the city for a few hours and when I came back, the flies were still everywhere, nobody had touched it. I called down and asked for a new room. Luckily the new room was like night and day compared to the first one. Still an old room that needs refreshed (no clock radio in the room?!) but at least it was clean.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We had to stay here one night because the nearby Four Points Sheraton we stayed the night before was full the next night. I didn't see hair or ants on our beds, so we were fortunate.

As reviewers have said here, the place is very outdated. The old style 25 inch CRT TV is a dead giveaway that the place is not willing to spend the money for upgrades. Both queen beds in our room needed to be changed out. Someone here said their bed was hard. Both beds we had were lumpy and sagging which is awful for a back sleeper like me. Chairs and furniture were from the 80's

The front desk staff were nice when we checked in. Elevator is slow but the stairwell was usable. The breakfast was your typical complimentary food, which was one of the few advantages this place had versus the Four Points Sheraton. The other is free parking. There is nothing around in the general vicinity but a Wawa (which is like an upscale 7 Eleven as the desk person told me) and a Ruby Tuesday. It probably takes 15-20 minutes to drive into Philly.

In summary, if you are staying in this area to save some dough to visit Philly, you might want to check other places. If you are staying for one night and/or for a flight, one night might be fine, since you don't have to experience the housekeeping. I didn't think the housekeeping at the Four Points was great either so maybe the whole area has crappy housekeeping.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This hotel was horrible, the rooms were very very very dirty, there was have used shampoo in the bathroom, there was dead bugs on bathroom floor, medical tape covering holes in the walls. Had to have drinks just be able to go to sleep. The door didn't close all the way it was way to much money for something so bad!!! I will not be going back the only positive thing was the lady at the front desk was really nice and the shuttle driver.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!