“A Very Good Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Latham Hotel

You added Latham Hotel to your Saves list
Latham Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   135 South 17th Street, (Walnut and 17th), Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Ranked #25 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Dallas, Texas
“A Very Good Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We enjoyed staying at The Latham. I had lived/worked in Philadelphia some years ago and The Latham was a bit of a sleeper then. Now the rooms are fresh and comfortable, and the staff were generally very friendly. We had our small dog with us on this visit and that was very easy too. The shower faucet came off in our hands when we first used the shower and I would pay close attention to the white grout in the nicely re-done bathrooms! It is already starting to yellow! I would definitely stay again and recommend to others!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael R, General Manager at Latham Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear lemmondd,

Thank you for staying with us here at The Latham Hotel Philadelphia on your recent visit to the area! I am glad to see you feel the same way about our recent renovations. What a difference! Any time you visit the area, we would be delighted to be your preferred hotel. Also a big thanks from our engineering department on helping us to continue to improve our property for current and future guests of our hotel!

Mike Roberts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Latham is well described on Trip Advisor. Staff is very friendly and service is great. We were able to check in early, albeit to a smaller room on the 3rd floor. But the room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the water/coffee/tea was a nice touch. Both the car service, which we used to get to Independence Hall, and the valet were fast and convenient. Location is in the heart of Central Phila and close to everything. Minor issues - pipes were sometimes loud, room thermostat did not control temp and the bathroom lights were blindingly bright and hot. But overall our stay was comfortable and we'd stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael R, General Manager at Latham Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Karen R,

Thank you for your positive review on your recent stay at The Latham Hotel Philadelphia! Our team does a great job of recognizing that it is the interactions we have with our guests that truly make an experience special, I am glad to see your interactions with our staff exceeded expectations. Sorry to hear of the maintenance issues you encountered in your guestroom, I have alerted our engineering department and we will work hard to ensure a flawless guestroom for future guests of our hotel.

Hope to see you again on your next visit to The City of Brotherly Love!

boonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We enjoyed our stay very much. Staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful. Room was lovely and very comfortable. Location was perfect short walk to everything. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Michael R, General Manager at Latham Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear diane d,

Thank you for your fantastic review! We are thrilled you chose The Latham Hotel when visiting Philadelphia, and hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you on future visits to our great city. I will pass on your kudos to our staff on a job well done!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Latham is an traditional service oriented hotel. My experience here, just felt comfortable from the time I arrived to check out and fetching a cab to the airport. I have nothing bad to say and I look forward to my next visit. Close to Rittenhouse Square, walking distance to great restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Michael R, General Manager at Latham Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear celtickirk,

Thank you for choosing The Latham Hotel on your recent visit to downtown Philadelphia! It would be our pleasure to be your preferred hotel whenever visiting The City of Brotherly Love. Please let me know if myself, or any member of our team can be of assistance today or at any point in the future!

We hope to see you again soon!

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were in Philadelphia for two days while getting our son settled into college for his freshman start. From the front desk clerk, concierge, wait staff, maid, driver and parking valet, I cannot speak more highly of a hotel staff. They were welcoming, friendly, cheerful and helpful. Location was excellent, room was very comfortable. We did have one little challenge, but the staff responded in an outstanding manner, which is all anyone can ask. That was the clincher. It's not if something happens, but when and how the staff responds to it. Next time in Philadelphia, we will certainly stay at the Latham. Can't see any reason not to continue to give them our business as they certainly earned it!

Room Tip: Executive King room on corner of building gives a great view of the area.
Dear Robert J,

We understand that college move in can be a stressful time for students and parents alike. We are happy to do whatever we can to make the experience the most pleasant and accommodating it may be. Whenever you are in town, we certainly hope you chose to stay with us here at The Latham Hotel Philadelphia!

I hope to see you again soon!

Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The Latham was for us a real great place, it's an old hotel, up-grated with pleasant room to enjoy after a long walk intoo the city.Of course you could hear some bathroom noise from your neighbourg or a discussion in the corridor, that's not a disagrement for us. The hotel is located in the best place surrounded by everything need for a tourist at walking distance. It's the place to stay for a great price in the heat of downtown. The Latham was perfect, one evening i ask the office man if i could find a place to reheat a pizza bought from the best pizzeria across the street. Belive it or not he find me a place to do so. Taking the time to come with me and find the place and reheating himself my pizza. It was asome for me. A top nutch service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear port0062,

Thank you for choosing The Latham Hotel Philadelphia on your recent visit to the area. Our goal is to provide the best possible experience for each of our valued guests, and I am very pleased to see we were able to make your stay memorable. Roman was the individual who reheated your pizza. He was thrilled to read your review. Thank you again for your comments and for your recognition!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

God I truly LOVE this place! My first trip ever to Philly I remember staying here, and every time ever since!
I mean I cannot gush about how amazing this place is! First of all, the location is spectacular. Located in Rhittenhouse Square, The Latham hotel is nestled in between some of the best places to shop and eat in downtown Philly. The hotel itself is very elegant, it's recently been remodeled. I especially love the bathroom, all marble, huge all glass showers, great lighting and mirrors even on the ceiling! The room is always nice, super comfy beds, big, soft, goose down comforters. Oh, and you MUST check out their gym if you're into working out. Their fitness center is so nice and looks right over Walnut on the corner across from the Juicy store. It's got complimentary towels, headphones, and bottled water as well.
Now I find the prices to be pretty fair, I've spent anywhere from $135-$215/ night. I've also found cheaper rooms at hotels in the area, but when I actually walked by those I was considering staying at that were cheaper, I'm glad I stuck with the Latham! When I travel I like the feeling of a nice, classy place to come back to. Some people don't care about that and would rather just save the money, I get it. But I love that I can walk right out the front door and have all the best Philly has to offer right at my fingertips.
It's a short distance from the lovely Rhittenhouse square park with all the great little eateries, boutiques, shops, and bars. I HIGHLY recommend staying here when you go to Philly, especially if it's your first time and you don't know the area. When I first went I had no clue about Philly, what to do or where to go, but I quickly discovered how amazing the city is when you're in the right spot!
This place is beautiful!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ashley M,

Thank your for taking the time to share feedback on your recent visit, and for your loyalty throughout the years! We will continue to work hard to exceed expectations for each and every visit you may have to our great city, and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thanks as well for recognizing our fantastic fitness center!

Mike

Been to Latham Hotel? Share your experiences!