“Nice Time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing

You added Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #34 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
philadelphia
“Nice Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a quick get away and something different. I highly recommend staying at the Hyatt in Penns landing. I was close to all the attractions. The staff was very nice and professional. They even asked on the last day of our stay how was our time there. I found this online and was not disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your recent stay. I’m delighted to hear that we were able to provide you with a convenient location for your getaway. Our close proximity to the local attractions is quite advantageous for our guests. It is great to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and professional. I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel again for your next getaway to the Philadelphia area.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for just one night on our way from Boston to Washington. The hotel was clean and comfortable but was started to look a little dated and tired. The bed was quite soft and uncomfortable making for quite a bad night's sleep. The aircon in the room was extremely noisy which was annoying. We did have a room with a beautiful view over the water and bridge with nice big windows which was nice.
The location was good, only about 5-10 mins walk to the Old Town of Philadelphia.
Overall I believe the hotel needs an upgrade to make it a 4* and at $180 for the night was overpriced for what it is.

• Stayed November 2013
Richmond, VA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The price of the room was around $210 but we were staying there as a treat, using Hyatt points. It cost double points, but overall we managed to spend about $200 on incidentals while there. The internet is not free.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry you feel that the hotel is pricey but I am glad to see that you enjoyed the hotel itself and the view. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Brooklyn, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I must say that the staff was extremely pleasant and accomodating. I did not care for the location of this hotel. It is about 20-25 minute walk for the Historic district and it took me 35 minutes to walk to the Reading Terminal Market. I enjoy walking but prefer a hotel that is situated closer to the town center. The area where the hotel is located is quiet and even grabbing a quick bite to eat or a snack will involve a bit of a walk. Parking is a bit pricey at $30 a night. The room itself was of average size. The furniture had a few minor knicks but was basically in good shape. However, the quality of the furnishings really didn't scream 4 star to me. The room, looked clean but I have stayed in similar rooms at nice Holiday Inns. The bed had lots of pillows but when I turned down the blanket, there was a hair on the sheet, making me hope that the bedding had really been changed and the hair was from housekeeping staff and not a former guest. The bed itself was comfortable. The bathroom was nice but fairly basic. When I turned the handle on one of the faucets it acutally fell off in my hand. I had to screw it back on. At one point, hot water was coming out of both faucets. There was no hook on the back of the bathroom door. A hook was located between the shower and the toilet. I really don't care to hang my towel or clothing close to where a toilet is flushed. What I am mentioning are not major problems but ones that I would not expect at a four star hotel. Overall, the hotel was fine for my purposes but I have stayed in many hotels in Philly and the Hyatt did not stand out.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Southwest Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

With three choices of lodging during a major Philadelphia convention, I went for the Hyatt because I would not be subjected to seeing conventioneers throughout the entire week. Upon arrival in Philadelphia, a city I had not visited in 30 years, the taxi ride to the Hyatt was as bad as one could get. Driver never spoke to me and screamed into his cell phone the entire trip to some unknown person. When I arrived at the Hyatt, he literally threw my luggage onto the pavement, still screaming into his cell phone in some language I could not understand. Obviously I did not give him a tip.
Immediately the Hyatt staff tried to make my introduction to Philadelphia better and for five days, they went out of their way to make sure everything went smoothly. The conceirge "made me a hero" when I told him where I was hosting an important business dinner. He made sure my guests were given a complimentary house wine. Two nights later, he booked me and special clients at one of Philadelphia's best restaurants.
Throughout the week, the bartenders at the Hyatt knew me immediately and accommodated every request. Front desk personnel was outstanding.
Can't say enough good things about the comfort and treatment I received for the week. I never took another taxi because convention provided bus transport. I was glad of that after my "welcome" to the city by the first taxi driver.

Room Tip: View of the water was terrific and relaxing.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I am so sorry about your experience with the taxi ride to the hotel. However, I am happy to see that the hotel turned the experience around and you had a fantastic stay. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We have Hyatt Check Certificates which we were planning to use on an upcoming trip. If we had not prepaid for these gift certificates we could have gotten a cheaper nightly rate on their own website. instead we have to pay the full daily rate since we are not using a credit card to pre pay the rate. So in essence, you pay for the gift certificate and then get penalized because you want to use them- this is really a terrible deal- my advise would be to not buy a gift certificate ore gift card to Hyatt hotels, and just pay the lower rate on a case by case basis.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
pewaukee, wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband was here for a conference. The hotel provided great service to include concierge and housekeeping. Lovely walk to historical landmarks and restaurants. Room is just as the photos show, lovely! King bed was a bit uncomfortable. Overall clean, wonderful stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the service our staff provided and the proximity of our hotel to landmarks. I am sorry that the bed was not too comfortable. I will be sure to share this with our team. I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Belinda M - Guest Relations Associate

Been to Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing? Share your experiences!