“Perfect place to bring the puppy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing

You added Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #33 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
New York City, New York
“Perfect place to bring the puppy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I just came back from a weekend trip to Philadelphia. We brought our little Yorkie, who was warmly welcomed by the staff and guests. The valet guys were great, very friendly and helpful. Check-in was a breeze.

Rooms: Spacious, standard hotel room. Clean. Very nice pillows. Great view of the river. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice our room was, considering we were given the "dog-friendly" room.

Lobby/bar area: This hotel had a very lively scene. Lots of wedding guests were staying there and there were always people around.

Location: Lovely. The last time we stayed in Philly we were in the Rittenhouse Square area, which was very urban and corporate. I definitely prefer Penn's Landing. Penn's Landing is right on the water and within walking distance to a very lovely part of the city with lots of shops, bars and restaurants. I was originally nervous as the hotel is right off the highway. I thought we were going to be far removed from the action of the city. Fortunately there's a nice pedestrian path that takes you over the highway and you don't even realize it.
As I mentioned earlier, this hotel is right on the water. There's a nice little path and boardwalk where people take strolls or go for runs. Our dog loved it.

Dog friendly: I'm a worrier. Especially when it comes to leaving my dog in a new place. The staff at the Hyatt was so warm and welcoming to our dog it felt like a home away from home. Our dog was very comfortable, and after a long day of walking around the city (which by the way, is very dog-friendly...tons of bars and restaurants with outdoor seating) he was happy to get some alone time in the room when my husband and I went out to dinner.

Overall we had a great weekend in Philly and look forward to bringing our dog back. We will definitely stay at the Hyatt again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Some folks think this hotel is isolated--I can understand why, it is a 10-15 minute walk from the sights, but it is right on the water and the rooms have great views of the Delaware river. You can spend $6-8 on a cab ride to the sights if you don't want to walk. I didn't mind the walk and I felt perfectly safe.

The self-park is somewhat of a pain and two elevator rides, and not much less than the valet parking. In retrospect, I would have just valet parked the car.

The hotel itself: Great lobby, nice staff. The concierge I spoke to really knew the town, what to see, what not to see (the casino for instance). I recommend a high floor corner room with a view of the river--not much more, nice layout, lots of windows, very quiet.

I debated 4 vs. 5 stars as this is not really a "high end luxury" hotel, but it was extremely nice and I really enjoyed my stay, and I thought the value of the room and the great staff pushed it to 5. I would definitely stay here again (but valet park!)

Room Tip: High floor corner room with river view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Room was very nice. Women at front desk were helpful and polite. My only complaints are the price of parking and the fact that we had to take 3 elevators to get to our room. I would stay here again, however.

• Stayed March 2013
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Location was very good. It was an enjoyable walk to the Independence Hall area, with the historical sites. I felt safe walking, there was a pedestrian bridge, it was good to stretch my legs, and the distance wasn't too far. Cabs were easy to get if you want to travel further. Easy on/off from I95.
As others have noted, parking is expensive at $30/night, but I didn't see other alternatives in the area - it is densely populated, and parking is a premium. Get ready for that add-on to the bill.
The hotel was good, not great. Rooms were not large, not small. Bed was not luxuriousness, it was not uncomfortable. Lighting was not good, but also not bad. Very average.
Perhaps it is a four star when compared to other hotels in the area?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hampshire uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here just for one night with family and found it to be a good all round hotel with large clean rooms and good service. We were able to walk to most of the attractions. My only moan is the price of the car parking as it is out of town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Wonderful comfortable room overlooking Penn's Landing. Excellent Restaurant, dinner- Prime rib, buffet for Breakfast. Made our trip to the Phila Flower Show a wonderful experience. The door man was so helpful, it was snowing and He parked our car, since I was in a wheelchair He did not want us to get wet. Desk customer service gave us a corner room with views. Miriam Turner

Room Tip: Best view Corner- 2 views room #116
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reading, PA USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed 2 nights to spend some time in the city. The hotel is on the Delaware river, our room had a great view of Camden. Not something that anybody would ask for but when your view the city from a distance it doesn't seem that bad. Overall the hotel was clean the rooms are up to date with a small fridge and flat screen tv, extra outlets for devices and a iphone speaker dock.
Didn't have any breakfast there but the burgers in the bar were really good. Hotel has a nice size indoor pool. We made the decision to not swim after taking a peek inside. There were tons of kids and I could just imagine how much pee was in there.
Good location, your not in the heart of Philly but a quick walk can put you there.
Parking is 30$ a night but you have in and out privilege

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing? Share your experiences!