“Great hotel with amazing views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing

You added Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing to your Saves list
Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (Formerly Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing) (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
1,000 HHonors Bonus Point
Ranked #33 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
“Great hotel with amazing views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We used the "Philly loves winners" package so we didn't pay for parking AWESOME! I will say that having to take two elevators just to get to the lobby is weird.Once getting to our room (Corner king city view on 19th floor) we were in heaven.The room was very clean,bed super comfy and the various views were amazing.Even with the city corner room you have a great view of the water.Maybe it was just the tv in my room but something needs to be done to make the picture clearer.Other than that our stay was great and we'd stay again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and sunny
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MCatHyatt, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thanks very much for staying with us during your getaway to Philadelphia. Glad you enjoyed the Philly Loves a Winner package and the parking that comes with it!

Glad you enjoyed your guest room and the great views. My apologies for the picture clarity issue. We'll check the TV based on the location you gave us and take a look. Sounds like some type of interference. Thanks for the information. It's helpful.

Hope we'll have you with us again soon. Safe travels.

Mike Costello

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We bid on this hotel and stayed in early January for $65 plus tax. We parked right next to the hotel, for $12 daily rate, in the open parking lot for the Waterfront and museum, etc. $30/day is just ridiculous and I can't believe the hotel does not subsidize or offer free parking.

Rooms were clean but quite small! Nice views of the bridge and the river from our corner room.

WiFi was expensive for 2013, get with the program and offer free WiFi!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have never experienced service this bad in my entire life! Do not stay here. We had about 100 people staying at the hotel for a wedding, along with the bride a groom. No ones bed had a bottom fitted sheet on it, which was nothing compared to the service! We were harassed repeatedly by security guards wherever we went and were told we weren't aloud to stand almost anywhere. The worst part was when the bride was told by a female security guard that if she didn't have everyone comply to these insane standing and talking limitations they would have her escorted out of the hotel and arrested!!!!!!!! On her wedding day for absolutely nothing! Don't say you can handle servicing a bridal party and accommodate all the guests if you aren't going to be able to handle it!

• Stayed January 2013
During the time we had this group in the hotel we received some noise complaints. These are addressed to ensure that all guests have the opportunity for a quiet environment. Our security personnel only approach guests in this regard when there is a complaint from a guest or if they come across a group being more than conversationally loud during their rounds. When there is a room creating a disturbance the first step is too have the non registered guests leave and issue a warning regarding the noise level. Escalation of the noise and disruptions results in removal from the hotel.

We haven't found fitted sheets to be the best choice given the heat of the commercial dryers used in the laudering process.

Garden City, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We (family of 4) booked a room for 1 night over the Christmas break, traveling with another family with kids as well. We booked the Winter Escape package for $139 plus tax which included self parking, in room wi-fi, one in room movie and ice skating tickets next door. Our room had a great view of the river and of the city skyline. After spending the day at The Franklin Institute, we headed to the hotel. It was a fantastic 8 minute drive through the city passing quaint restaurants, pubs, historic sites & beautiful row houses. The kids went straight to the pool which is one of the nicer hotel pools that I have seen. Spacious pool , 3-3.5 feet deep with a nice dark slate floor in the surrounding area. Lounge chairs were comfy & tables were great. Locker rooms were clean & updated. Too tired to head out for dinner, we ate at the bar. The adults had Cheesesteak sandwiches (average) and the kids had chicken fingers. The food was fine but the service was very slow. It took more than 45 min to get our food. That's a long time when you have 5 hungry kids! We went to the restaurant for breakfast since it was raining & had a tasty meal, however waited another 45 minutes for pancakes and eggs Benedict. We would consider staying here again as the rooms were quiet and clean. I do however prefer a hotel with 2 queen beds as I find 2 double beds can be tight- and there are options out there with 2 queens.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a south facing room on the 15th floor which gave us a great view of the river (with ships...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MCatHyatt, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your Philadelphia visit. I apologize for the delays you experienced with the restaurant. I have shared your comments with our Director of Food & Beverage and the review and coaching has begun.

It sounds like you had a great time out and about the city and glad your kids enjoyed the pool. I hope we'll have another chance to have you stay with us in the future. Thank you.

Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Checking in with Britney was a fabulous experience! I didn't have a reservation when I walked in, but she took care of me and gave me the best possible package I needed! The parking was a little walk, inside from the garage to the hotel itself. The room was very clean and I could tell as soon as I walked in that the housekeeping staff takes pride in their work! I loved the fact that there was a hair straightener in the bathroom! The view in 909 was beautiful, over looking parts of Penn's Landing and the river. The kids and I are looking forward to ice skating tomorrow which was included in our package. The only small issue that could and should have been taken care of before a check in was the shower knob is loose as well as the toilet paper holder loose. I'll let the front desk know when I check out, as these are such small issues I would never make a big deal over, as would some guests!

Room Tip: 909 has a great view over looking the river!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Estes Park, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Hyatt is in a good location. It's next to the Delaware River and has a nice view. It looks cut off from the downtown, but it's just a short walk over the highway to the Historic District and to the subway. The rooms are spacious and updated. The bathrooms could use a bit of an update, but they are clean. Breakfast is expensive, which I expect at the American chain hotels, but it's good. Parking was expensive, over $30 for valet. There is a self park, but it was only a few dollars cheaper. I only paid $75 / night because I named my own price on Priceline, so even with parking and breakfast added to my bill, it was still a decent price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed at this Hyatt for the first time with our two girls. We chose to do the Explore package since we wanted to visit a few of the kid friendly locations in the area. We chose to go to the zoo since we started our day out at the aquarium. We only stayed one night but it was fantastic! The employees were very friendly and the hotel was clean. We got our two adult tickets to the zoo, a nice room with super comfy beds and a great view, plus breakfast the next morning and free self parking. We ate at the onsite restaurant which was one of the best meals we have had in a long time. It is pricy, but the food is worth every penny. Let's face it, if you're not willing to spend $30 on a great steak then go to MikeyD's. What we really enjoyed was the outstanding service and healthy options for our kids. The breakfast buffet was actually really great. Not your typical hotel buffet. It had everything from cheesy scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes and meats to fresh backed pastries, fruits and hot oatmeal (not the kind in a bag). Also lost of fixins'. It was a great time! And truly the perfect time to go because it was not crowded in the least. The only complaint I had was that the tickets we got for the zoo were actually expired and the front desk said they would be okay to use. Unfortunately when we got to the zoo they wouldn't except them. I paid out of pocket, but later called the hotel and they refunded the money immediately. So I was happy about that. I would recommend going here with your family or even just to get away. Our girls had a blast and that was our goal.

(visited Jan 1/13 to Jan 2/13)

Room Tip: If you go during a slow season, they are more inclined to give you great view on a high floor for n...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MCatHyatt, General Manager at Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
You really covered a lot of ground while you were here. Very glad you had a great time. Glad you enjoyed the package and close by attractions, rooms and food. Thanks for staying with us.

My apologies for the expired tickets. We should have caught the date and lined the correct ones. The desk staff did the right thing to get you covered. We'll review with them to ensure it doesn't come to that in the future.

Happy new year! Hope you have a great year.

Best regards,

Mike Costello

Been to Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing? Share your experiences!