“Nice view & location, expensive parking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #30 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
Estes Park, Colorado
“Nice view & location, expensive parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Hyatt is in a good location. It's next to the Delaware River and has a nice view. It looks cut off from the downtown, but it's just a short walk over the highway to the Historic District and to the subway. The rooms are spacious and updated. The bathrooms could use a bit of an update, but they are clean. Breakfast is expensive, which I expect at the American chain hotels, but it's good. Parking was expensive, over $30 for valet. There is a self park, but it was only a few dollars cheaper. I only paid $75 / night because I named my own price on Priceline, so even with parking and breakfast added to my bill, it was still a decent price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed at this Hyatt for the first time with our two girls. We chose to do the Explore package since we wanted to visit a few of the kid friendly locations in the area. We chose to go to the zoo since we started our day out at the aquarium. We only stayed one night but it was fantastic! The employees were very friendly and the hotel was clean. We got our two adult tickets to the zoo, a nice room with super comfy beds and a great view, plus breakfast the next morning and free self parking. We ate at the onsite restaurant which was one of the best meals we have had in a long time. It is pricy, but the food is worth every penny. Let's face it, if you're not willing to spend $30 on a great steak then go to MikeyD's. What we really enjoyed was the outstanding service and healthy options for our kids. The breakfast buffet was actually really great. Not your typical hotel buffet. It had everything from cheesy scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes and meats to fresh backed pastries, fruits and hot oatmeal (not the kind in a bag). Also lost of fixins'. It was a great time! And truly the perfect time to go because it was not crowded in the least. The only complaint I had was that the tickets we got for the zoo were actually expired and the front desk said they would be okay to use. Unfortunately when we got to the zoo they wouldn't except them. I paid out of pocket, but later called the hotel and they refunded the money immediately. So I was happy about that. I would recommend going here with your family or even just to get away. Our girls had a blast and that was our goal.

(visited Jan 1/13 to Jan 2/13)

Room Tip: If you go during a slow season, they are more inclined to give you great view on a high floor for n...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MCatHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
You really covered a lot of ground while you were here. Very glad you had a great time. Glad you enjoyed the package and close by attractions, rooms and food. Thanks for staying with us.

My apologies for the expired tickets. We should have caught the date and lined the correct ones. The desk staff did the right thing to get you covered. We'll review with them to ensure it doesn't come to that in the future.

Happy new year! Hope you have a great year.

Moorestown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was such a pleasant surprise. We had a great room with a river view of the fireworks. Even though we were expecting to go outside to see them. The room was a bit small for five people but otherwise, quite comfortable. Even though the hotel was busy for new year's eve, the breakfast was another nice surprise. There were no lines, very nice waiter who was great with the drinks. the food was good and the made to order omelettes were great. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Happy New Year!

Thanks for joining us. It was a great night. Our location is the best for enjoying the two fireworks shows. The option of staying in or going outside to see the show is a nice one.

Glad you enjoyed it and the breakfast the next day. Hope to have you with us again soon.

Gap, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Penn's landing during the weekend of 12/28-12/30. I have to say I was not impressed. When we booked then hotel we were sold the "Explore" package, in which we were told we would get complimentary parking, two breakfasts per day and two adult tickets to TWO out of three attractions. The please touch Museum, The Adventure Aquarium, or the ZOO.When we arrived we were given tickets to the please touch museum and we also chose the aquarium. The associate at the front desk said to c all when we were ready to go to aquarium because the tickets would be at the will call window. Fine, we made the date for Sunday. We get to our hotel room and the bathrooms are dumpy and out of date with no and fans and a half working hair dryer. The room was very dry and stuffy. We tried to put the heat down to and 60 still warm. We then at a Keatings for both breakfast dinner. There breakfast was OK, not that much of a buffet. Really no kids menu with way overpriced food. My boy ordered a half of a steak, he was hungry ate most of it, however it was a bit.pink. We went to and in about 2 hours he was throwing up his dinner! needless to say we canceled the please touch museum and the aquarium for Sunday. However when I called the desk they said that they made a mistake and they wanted the Please touch museum tickets back or I would be charged!!! They said that the first associate made a mistake and I was supposed to get one excursion, furthermore If I wanted the tickets for the Aquarium I would have to go a pick them up at the aquarium. Are you kidding me??? They finally agreed to deduct the Aquarium tickets off of our bill. We spent about 720$ between the breakfasts, two night stay, and the dinner and I have to say that very disappointed. I will not stay at another Hyatt. You can get so much more at another hotel. Stay away!!!!

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
The exchange on the confusion with the tickets could have gone much smoother. I apologize for that. Our approach is to take care of the issue quickly and we dropped the ball relative to that on this situation. I have sgared your comments with the management over the front desk so we can review and fix this.

Sometimes there may be an issue that develops with something in the room during a guest's stay. We always want to know in order to take care of it. We would have been glad to send up another hair dryer. Sorry to learn your son wasn't feeling well. We did not have any reports of food related issues over the dates you were with us and , actually, I haven't had any cases during my 2+ years here. Food poisoning takes longer than a couple of hours to develop. I hope it was not a prolonged situation.

The feedback is important. Thank you. We will review the tickets process to ensure there isn't any confusion in the future.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I have spent the night at the Hyatt Penn's Landing on 3 different occasions. Obviously we like it, or we wouldn't keep going back. Here are the pros and cons as I see them:

Pros:
> The view! We always choose a river view room. The Ben Franklin Bridge is lovely at night.
> Nicely appointed.
> The bed, pillows, and comforter are sooo comfy!
> Little fridge in the room - perfect for storing leftovers.
> iHome system for your iPod.
> Polite and friendly staff.
> Excellent location. Easy walking to Old City, Society Hill, and River Link ferry to Camden waterfront attractions. Taxi stand right outside of hotel if you want to go farther.

Cons:
> No hair dryer in the bathroom!!
> No free wifi! It costs $10 per day. We passed.
> The picture on the TV was, and this is a technical term, wiggly.
> The hotel restaurant was rather pricey. We just had an appetizer to hold us off until we went out for the evening.
> $32 to valet the car onsite. I assume we paid for security. I would rather not park it in a lot over night in the city.

We are looking forward to going back. I will be sure to pack my hair dryer, though ;)

Room Tip: Choose a river view room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying with us on several occasions. We appreciate it.

Our rooms actually do have hair dryers. Our oversight if there wasn't one and I apologize for that. We can certainly provide it. Sorry to hear about the TV issue. Our engineering staff are happy to take a look at any issues to get it straightened out. Our parking compares favorably among similar hotels to ours in the city. Not all provide the options we do of valet or self parking.

I hope we will see you again soon.

Virgina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Strip away the valet and fancy lobby and the place is really quite basic. The location is good but not much in the immediate area. Restaurants, clubs, cheese steaks, and historic sites are not close - the good stuff is a cab ride away. Always painful to pay to stay at a hotel and have to pay to park there - $30 at this location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

First the good...the staff here is very friendly and make you feel welcome. The rooms are good but the bathrooms need a bit of an update. Excellent location. Excellent food and beverages. Now the not so good....Despite making two clear requests at two seperate times the staff AND management totally ignored my reservation requesting a king size bed. The parking fee here is very very high.

Room Tip: River View is the best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
It sounds as though the visit went well aside from the request for a certain room type. My apologies for not getting that part right for you. We try to meet as many requests as we can . Unfortunately the volume of requests is sometimes greater than can be accommodated.

Thank you for making us aware. We will continue to work on providing as many requests as we can. I do hope we may get another try on your behalf.

Mike Costello

Been to Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing? Share your experiences!