“Lovely room facing the River” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #33 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
New Jersey
“Lovely room facing the River”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

First, request a room with a view of the River. You might as well have a view, because you will be overpaying for what you get at this hotel. Yes, the room was clean. We paid about 200 a night, which included a lovely breakfast. Parking was 30.00 a night, which was about average in Philly - but you would think you would get some discount staying at the hotel. The hotel is within walking distance of the Old City. Most Hilton hotels give you bottles of water when you arrive, you have to beg for them at this hotel. Nothing is complimentary. We will choose another hotel in Philadelphia for our next trip. You would think that after spending 300.00 at the bar over two nights, that they would comp the parking, but NO!!! Even the parking deck near the REading market (don't miss it), discounts parking once you spend 10.00 at the market. Shameful.

Room Tip: Ask for a River View... otherwise you might get a view of I95.. and the sound of continuous traffic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MCatHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I am sorry to learn your entire stay didn't meet your satisfaction. The parking is lower than many hotel options in the city as well as offering the options of valet or self parking. There are package options we have that include parking which may be better alternative for future travel.

Thank you for sharing your comments.

1,052 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

A beautiful, modern, very clean hotel. Every member of the staff was helpful and happy. Check in was efficient and the front desk staff was lovely. The barista in the coffee bar was delightful! Our room had magnificent views of the waterfront. We had a great time, love the hotel and would happily recommend this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite on a high floor. The water views are spectacular!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the great comments and for staying with us. Glad you had a great time. Thank you for the recognition of the first rate hospitality from the staff. We appreciate it.

Look forward to your return with those friends you mentioned!

Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed 3 nights for business travel. Overall the hotel and room was great. However, if you ever have to stay at this hotel,do the following.
Never, under no circumstance accept a city view or a West facing view room. Your room will be directly over I 95. Even with ear plugs and a pillow over my head the noise was relentless. Additionally, the shower was a challenge. I'm all for saving the earth but when i can't even get all of my body wet at the same time i think that is a little over doing things don't you think! Next time i will stay downtown.

Room Tip: Downtown or River view only.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MCatHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We haven't had any issues with water pressure and haven't adjusted the flow of the shower heads to a diminished level.

We will look into this further and appreciate your sharing the information with us.

Darien, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is an OK hotel. Have stayed there a couple of handful of times, some for business meetings, and some personal. Nice views of the river and in an area that is secure and safe for daytime walking on the boat docks and in immediate vicinity. A decent restaurant, but one that you would only use for a needed meal. Nothing great. Rooms are spacious and clean. Price is OK. Good cab service for airport and going to fine and boutique restaurants in Philly, of which there are many. Some family tourist attractions are very close on the river.

Room Tip: Riverside for views and quiet.. They have suites, which we have used many times, quite spacious...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here over T-Giving weekend. Love the location, right on the river with a short walk to Old Town, which we liked, but far enough to not be right in the thick of it, which can sometimes get annoying. Overall Philly is a smaller city, so getting anywhere in the downtown are doesn't take too long. The room was really nice and modern. Ask for a corner room so you get both city and river views. Over all, it's a good place to stay. Nothing amazing, but for a weekend in Philly it worked quite well for us.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on the west facing side (I THINK) for both a city and river views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
York, ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights while visiting friends. The location is great; walkable to a lot of attractions, and right on the river. Breakfast was included in our deal, and it was excellent as well. The room was beautiful, clean with nice sheets. Not huge, but big enough. The staff was very friendly, gave us complimentary transportation to the tour bus operator (the bus tour was of course not free). Parking is not cheap ($30/day self park/$38 valet), and it's a long walk to the parking garage but you can go in and out as many times as you want. We had a 3 nights for price of 2 deal, and we thought that was a very good bargain.

Room Tip: We sprung for the water view, and had a corner room (I think all the water view rooms are corners...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Orange, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Overall, the Hyatt at Penn's landing is a nice hotel and it is close to some great spots but I have a major issue with how they handle transportation costs.

We did not have a car and I made this clear when I checked in. I was staying at this hotel because I was running the Philadelphia Half Marathon. I asked about the best way to get to the start line and they said taxi and the front desk said they would reserve a taxi for me for 5:00am in the morning. This was when I checked in at 3pm the night before the race.

At 5:00am, I get to the lobby and ask the concierge about my taxi. He says that they were unable to reserve taxi the night before and that I could take their "shuttle" for $10. I would have been nice to have get notice that they were unable to get a taxi so I could have made other arrangements the night before. Their shuttle was just a lincoln town car that took us to the race. The driver didn't have change for a $20. Who doesn't have change if you are going to do a shuttle service? There were four people in the car so it cost $40 to get the the start line for what would normally have been a $10 or so cab ride if we were just going to the musuem for fun.

When we checked out, my bill said there were no additional charges from what I had alread paid. We asked for a cab to the airport and we were put in a SUV type taxi were told it would be the same cost to the airport as a normal cab. When we got to the airport we were charged $5 more than the normal cost and when I asked why, the driver said because we were in a nicer car.

Days later when I check my credit card statement, there is a $38 charge. When I call andask about this charge, I was told it was for valet service. I had to explain that we did not use a car and got the charge removed.

Dealing with this hotel has just been a very frustrating experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback. I apologize the our lack of follow up regarding the inability to get a cab arranged for pick up the next morning. Your comments have been shared with the manager overseeing the front office operation so that this may be discussed and corrected.

The comment on the car service is concerning and we are looking into that to prevent such a situation from arising in the future.

Thank you.

Mike Costello

Been to Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing? Share your experiences!