“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #36 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

A beautiful, modern, very clean hotel. Every member of the staff was helpful and happy. Check in was efficient and the front desk staff was lovely. The barista in the coffee bar was delightful! Our room had magnificent views of the waterfront. We had a great time, love the hotel and would happily recommend this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite on a high floor. The water views are spectacular!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MCatHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for the great comments and for staying with us. Glad you had a great time. Thank you for the recognition of the first rate hospitality from the staff. We appreciate it.

Look forward to your return with those friends you mentioned!

Best regards,

1,001 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed 3 nights for business travel. Overall the hotel and room was great. However, if you ever have to stay at this hotel,do the following.
Never, under no circumstance accept a city view or a West facing view room. Your room will be directly over I 95. Even with ear plugs and a pillow over my head the noise was relentless. Additionally, the shower was a challenge. I'm all for saving the earth but when i can't even get all of my body wet at the same time i think that is a little over doing things don't you think! Next time i will stay downtown.

Room Tip: Downtown or River view only.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MCatHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We haven't had any issues with water pressure and haven't adjusted the flow of the shower heads to a diminished level.

We will look into this further and appreciate your sharing the information with us.

Best regards,

Darien, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is an OK hotel. Have stayed there a couple of handful of times, some for business meetings, and some personal. Nice views of the river and in an area that is secure and safe for daytime walking on the boat docks and in immediate vicinity. A decent restaurant, but one that you would only use for a needed meal. Nothing great. Rooms are spacious and clean. Price is OK. Good cab service for airport and going to fine and boutique restaurants in Philly, of which there are many. Some family tourist attractions are very close on the river.

Room Tip: Riverside for views and quiet.. They have suites, which we have used many times, quite spacious...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here over T-Giving weekend. Love the location, right on the river with a short walk to Old Town, which we liked, but far enough to not be right in the thick of it, which can sometimes get annoying. Overall Philly is a smaller city, so getting anywhere in the downtown are doesn't take too long. The room was really nice and modern. Ask for a corner room so you get both city and river views. Over all, it's a good place to stay. Nothing amazing, but for a weekend in Philly it worked quite well for us.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on the west facing side (I THINK) for both a city and river views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
York, ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights while visiting friends. The location is great; walkable to a lot of attractions, and right on the river. Breakfast was included in our deal, and it was excellent as well. The room was beautiful, clean with nice sheets. Not huge, but big enough. The staff was very friendly, gave us complimentary transportation to the tour bus operator (the bus tour was of course not free). Parking is not cheap ($30/day self park/$38 valet), and it's a long walk to the parking garage but you can go in and out as many times as you want. We had a 3 nights for price of 2 deal, and we thought that was a very good bargain.

Room Tip: We sprung for the water view, and had a corner room (I think all the water view rooms are corners...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Orange, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Overall, the Hyatt at Penn's landing is a nice hotel and it is close to some great spots but I have a major issue with how they handle transportation costs.

We did not have a car and I made this clear when I checked in. I was staying at this hotel because I was running the Philadelphia Half Marathon. I asked about the best way to get to the start line and they said taxi and the front desk said they would reserve a taxi for me for 5:00am in the morning. This was when I checked in at 3pm the night before the race.

At 5:00am, I get to the lobby and ask the concierge about my taxi. He says that they were unable to reserve taxi the night before and that I could take their "shuttle" for $10. I would have been nice to have get notice that they were unable to get a taxi so I could have made other arrangements the night before. Their shuttle was just a lincoln town car that took us to the race. The driver didn't have change for a $20. Who doesn't have change if you are going to do a shuttle service? There were four people in the car so it cost $40 to get the the start line for what would normally have been a $10 or so cab ride if we were just going to the musuem for fun.

When we checked out, my bill said there were no additional charges from what I had alread paid. We asked for a cab to the airport and we were put in a SUV type taxi were told it would be the same cost to the airport as a normal cab. When we got to the airport we were charged $5 more than the normal cost and when I asked why, the driver said because we were in a nicer car.

Days later when I check my credit card statement, there is a $38 charge. When I call andask about this charge, I was told it was for valet service. I had to explain that we did not use a car and got the charge removed.

Dealing with this hotel has just been a very frustrating experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback. I apologize the our lack of follow up regarding the inability to get a cab arranged for pick up the next morning. Your comments have been shared with the manager overseeing the front office operation so that this may be discussed and corrected.

The comment on the car service is concerning and we are looking into that to prevent such a situation from arising in the future.

Thank you.

Kent Island, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We decided to head up to Philly for a quick Thanksgiving getaway for 2 nights. Got a great AAA breakfast rate that I could hardly believe. Arrival went very smoothly. Valets appeared all over the place to help with bags, unload car etc. Self parking saves some money (about $8 a night - for a total of $30 instead of $38) is a reasonable deal but is a bit of a hike back into the hotel. Definitely drop off bags at lobby first and leave someone with them. Room on 20th floor had fantastic view of Delaware River and bridges. Attractive updated rooms. Bathroom details could have been better attended to such as scrubbing light switches and area around toilet tank lid. Left the impression they hadn't been touched in a long time. Second day, wash cloths and regular coffee were not replenished. Had to ask. Staff, however, very helpful and friendly. Concierge Dave was outstanding and gave many good recommendations and made dinner reservations for Thanksgiving which resulted in a free chocolate lava cake at The Chart House just down the street. Waiter in dining room for breakfast (Herrat?) was very sweet and attentive. Lovely man. Overall a delightful experience. My only big complaint was there was no free wi-fi. So many hotels around the world now are offering free wi-if that I don't understand why an American chain like Hyatt doesn't do it. This hotel is a 15 minute walk from main historic area. Fantastic location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing? Share your experiences!