“Friday night Family Fireworks Fun” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing

You added Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #34 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
“Friday night Family Fireworks Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The Hotel was wonderful and the package deal was worthwhile. We are a family of 3 with a toddler on a budget but we got an overnight package on a Friday night to see the fireworks- in honor of our anniversary. :-) We had a beautiful day on the waterfront and were able to see the fireworks from our corner room overlooking the river. It was perfect for our 2 year old to see them up close, without being scared of the noise. The only problem is that they advertise all over the hotel about happy hour at Keatings with 1/2 price apps and cheap drinks. So that is where we went. Our harried waiter barely had time to take our order, he was actually already walking away from the table before I even finished. So we were very surprised to find out at check time that none of the apps OR drinks we ordered qualified for the discounts. They should have a happy hour menu to explain these finer points. However, the next day the asst manager very graciously made amends. We would definatly go back.

Room Tip: Corner room overlooking the river for Summer Friday night Fireworks!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Franklin Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing was conveniently located for the historic district of Philadelphia. The room was good, clean, and the beds were comfortable. The closet space in my room could have been bigger, okay for 1 person, not great for 2. The Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. My biggest complaint was with the Keating River Grill Restaurant Service. It was horrible! The food was very good, but it was offset by an unattentive waiter. We arrived in the restaurant onTuesday evening 8/07, and ordered drinks. It was at least 20 minutes before we even saw water or any of the drinks that we ordered. We then ordered dinner and it took awhile until it got to our table but the food was good and hot. We had no service during dinner. It was as if we were at a buffet on our own. No one stopped to ask us if we needed anything, refilled our water or drinks, or asked how our dinner was. When we finished dinner, we waited at least a 30 minutes before we finally flagged down a different waiter and asked for our check. Our waiter was no where in sight! We could have walked out but did not. There was no concern that we waited so long. Not even an offer of a complimentary drink or dessert for our inconvenience! Needless to say, we paid, and never went to the restaurant again during our four day stay there. Although the hotel and other staff were good, it would take more than a free dinner to come back to the Hyatt at Penn's Landing in Philadelphia. I don't like being ignored if I am a paying customer who is also staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a River View Room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt for ten days in August, accompanying my husband on a business trip to Philadelphia. He has stayed a number of times at the hotel and could not recommend it highly enough.

The Hyatt is situated at Penns Landing, overlooking the Delaware river. A fabulous location for my trip.

I arrived early evening to meet my husband who had been there for four days. The waterside corner view room was on the 12th floor. We had two windows in the main bedroom overlooking the river and even a large picture window in the bathroom. Fantastic views over the river to Camden and along the waterfront. I was very impressed. The rooms are a good size, beds huge and comfortable and the pillows are so soft it's like sleeping on clouds. Everything we needed in room, including a rather nice leather chair and foot stool facing the window. Wireless access is good and accessible although patchy by the pool area.

Facilities at the hotel are excellent and I spent many an hour at the pool, in the well equipped gym and on the sun deck outside. It is all beautifully clean and well maintained. The views from the sun deck overlooking the river were just gorgeous. Nice and peaceful. There is another sun deck on the other side but this faces the road and is a little noisier.

As my husband was working in the city during the week I entertained myself by leisurely walking into the centre each day to meet him for lunch. From the hotel it was a ten to fifteen minute easy walk to the visitor centre and the independence park. All sights are close together and it is very easy to walk around the city, very safe and very beautiful. I spent many an hour sightseeing, taking in the culture, the gorgeous architecture and everything Philly has to offer. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I would recommend an open bus city tour, a horse and carriage ride and a visit into the visitor centre where you can pick up lots of information about the various sights and attractions to visit. I also used the Phlash trolley transport system. Reasonably priced and drops you off at lots of different places throughout the city. You can hop on or off for $10 per day or $2 a ride. First pick up is at 10am at Penns Landing. We visited a number of museums in the city and highly recommend the Franklin Institute. We realky enjoyed our day there.

During the weekend we hired a car and drove out to Amish Country and to Cape May. We had a lovely weekend visiting some beautiful places. Avis car hire is based at the hotel and parking was included when hiring and staying at the Hyatt. Pick up and drop off was very simple.

As for the hotel itself, it was perfect. The restaurant served good quality food and the bar service was staffed by helpful, friendly staff, in particular a beautiful and lovely lady called Enjolie and her colleague Steve. Waheduz in the restaurant was fabulous, an absolute pleasure to meet and we enjoyed chatting to him every day. He really couldn't do enough for us and made the best Cappucino's and Martini's EVER! he also recommended a number if restaurants for us to have dinner.

The coffee bar called Perks is situated just off the lobby and serves good quality coffee, muffins, buns and pastries. Really nice to go if you don't want a full breakfast every day. Whilst I didn't eat breakfast in the restaurant every day, my husband really enjoyed it, particularly the Eggs Benedict.

My husband is returning over the next few weeks and has already booked into the Hyatt. Overall it's a perfect location, demonstrates high quality customer service and has everything anyone needs for a perfect holiday or business trip. I wish I was returning with him in September!

• Stayed August 2012
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Hotel experience from check in to check out was excellent. The room was great, we were on the 19th floor looking up river, and the view was wonderful. The concierge, can't recall the name, was very helpful, great recommendations and very socialable. The bellman assisted us with booking a tour when the concierge was busy, which was great to see him jump in and assist, rather than make us wait for the concierge. We took the sightseeing tour with the open top bus. It was great, they picked us up by van brought us to the bus and one of the stops was actually by the hotel.

We did not have the opportunity to eat at the hotel but I'm sure it would have been just as good of an experience as the rest of the place. They had a very nice pool on the 4th level, with windows and patios on three sides. Fitness center was well stocked and clean. The location is great, its not that far of a walk to get to the main historical destinations, plus the riverwalk area had a lot to offer as well.

Overall a great weekend, clean room and a great stay.

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Spent 3 nights there for a company meeting and was very pleased with the Hyatt. My room had a great view as it was a corner. Looking out over the USS Olympia from one window and to the Seaport Museum out my bathroom. Very nice view. Room was very clean every day and I even say two people doing room inspections each day to make sure the rooms were done properly.
Bar was great and so were all the people that I came across. Even the valet attendant was quick to give us walking directions over to Chestnut Street.
Hotel is just a short walk to Independance Hall, Liberty Bell and Market Street.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Gilford, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed here overnight for a funeral. All the staff are respectful, very helpful, and genuinely kind when treated well. We needed to drop our bags before our check-in time and it went very smoothly. The room was very nicely appointed and the TV was flat screen. I believe they have directTV and there were lines in the picture but it was fine.

The lack of free wi-fi was really annoying, but I just used my phone as an access point. I am not going to pay hotels to provide something McDonald's even has for free.

The location was most awesome. We walked to the old city and went to the famous Jim's Steaks (Double Meat, Double Whiz with onions and peppers)!

The pool was nice for a pool. The sauna refused to get hot, which was annoying as well. The view from the pool area is most excellent.

Room Tip: Ask if upgrades are available. Also, we got this through Hotwire for $104 .
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We truly enjoyed our recent three day stay while visiting Philadelphia. The hotel is perfectly situated for walking to the historic area. Located directly on the river at Penn’s Landing, the pool, restaurant, and bar all have picturesque views of the water. Our rooms were very comfortable and nicely appointed. The bathrooms were updated and spacious. Our two rooms had gorgeous views (especially at night) of the city and Ben Franklin Bridge. My only issue is that the hotel has no connecting rooms, which poses a slight problem when traveling with a family. Aside from that, the indoor pool was outstanding with ample towels and a lovely ¾ wraparound terrace. There is also a sauna and well-maintained gym with very nice amenities. We really enjoyed the happy hour at the terrace bar, which had comfy seating and relaxing water views…perfect retreat after a day of sightseeing. We found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. Housekeeping was extremely efficient and we were never short of any creature comforts. I would definitely recommend this hotel to those visiting Philadelphia. It is easy to get to, and once there you can foot it around town, hop a visitor’s bus or hail a cab. You’re in the heart of things, but the river location offers a serine escape at the end of the day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing? Share your experiences!