Visited Philly on Saturday to celebrate a special event with my wife. We choose Hyatt often for the higher end brand and the reputation it has earned for a quality hotel. Over the years that quality and brand reputation has eroded in my view. Attention to the details is what separates the quality guest focused hotels from the also rans. We are regulars at the Hyatt either at the Bellvue or at Penns Landing and have been witness to the changes......this time it was decidedly different.
Upon arrival on Saturday at about 2:00 PM we were able to check -in somewhat erly, given a high floor room (at no extra charge might add)and moved through the arrival process flawlessly with attentiveness and grace expected of Hyatt front desk employees. Check-in took only minutes.
Arrived in room to find a spotlessly clean, orderly and well appointed room with the king bed we had requested. A fantastic of both the Philadelphia city skyline as well as the Delaware River complemented the delightful room. All systems worked; internet access, hair dryer, shower, a very comfortable bed with newer bed linens, etc.
We were somewhat concerned that since our room was just off the elevator "lobby" that noise may be a problem given that there were several events occurring at the hotel during the weekend including weddings. Fortunately, noise was not an issue evern where our room was situated.
Elevator service was flawless...important when staying at a high floor hotel. BTW, the elevator was absolutely spotless; sometimes the stainless steel doors are easily and clearly marked with all sorts of hand/finger prints....not here. Perfect! Credit to the staf!!
Bell staff was kind and considerate and not so pushy as often one may find at hotels of this class. Moved my vehicle to allow other custome access and allowed it to remain in the hotel circle for a quite extended period of time even though the area was busy with wedding photography etc. Thanks for that!
Enjoyed a fabulous morning breakfast included in our room rate that was well worth the higher rate. Breakfast was excellent both from the menu and from the breakfast buffet and was even more special due to the extreme kind and considerate nature of our server Ramy. He was extremely welcoming and could not do enough for us at our table.
After s few years where we noticed too many missed details, and far too little attention to the things that make these hotels a great value we were pleased to see that the efforts of Mr. Costello and his Hyatt team are beginning to show great results. Kudos to all of you and thanks for making one of our favorite Hyatt's a great place to visit.....again!
Just a few comments to consider for future improvements and for the readers benefit
- parking fees are $25/nite with additional tax of $5...way on the high side!!
- room taxes and local occupancy taxes add about an additional 15% to the cost of your
- despite some reviewers comments about this property being out of the way, we walked
to every destination we wanted to see including hisorrical locations, shopping and great
restaurants; unless you are aged or infirmed walking is easy and reasonably safe to all
great city locations
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront property. Neo Modernist Highrise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hilton Hotels, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia At Penn`s Landing Hotel Philadelphia
- Hyatt Regency Penns Landing
- Hyatt Regency Philadelphia Hotel
- Hyatt Philadelphia
- Hyatt Penns Landing Hotel