“Wedding Weekend, December 3, 2011.....Good Times....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing

You added Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 South Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Ranked #35 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
“Wedding Weekend, December 3, 2011.....Good Times....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Spent the weekend in Philadelphia for my wedding. Stayed in the VIP suite on the 22nd floor and had about 50 wedding guests from out of town staying at the hotel. Great stay!

First, I have very realistic views when staying at lodging properties. I travel quite a bit on business and pleasure. I am surprised there are so many negative reviews for this property after my recent stay.

I would certainly stay here again. And, many of our wedding guests made it a point to mention to me that the hotel was a great choice for our “host” wedding hotel. I can stop there, however some specifics….

LOCATION – Some reviews complain about the location. I have no idea what these guests are talking about. Within minutes, you can walk to Old City and the Constitution Center. If you like to drink, South Street is about a 15 minute walk away. I felt I was in the middle of one of the nicest areas of Philadelphia (Penn’s Landing). You also have the waterfront right at the doorstep. Personally, I thought the location was awesome, and if you needed to get beyond walking distance, it seemed that you were within a $10 cab ride from the entire city of Philadelphia.

PARKING – Yes it is expensive, but what do you expect??? You are parking in a covered, attached garage in one of the nicest areas of Philadelphia. Parking in any major metropolitan area is going to cost you, especially if it is gated and covered. If you aren’t happy with the daily parking fee, park on the street and see how well you sleep that night…..

SERVICE – I travel a lot for business and have the opportunity to stay in some pretty decent hotels from time to time. The service here was pretty decent. Prepare to tip, but the staff earns it. The Bellhop staff was especially helpful and courteous from the minute I pulled up. Again they are working for tips, but I thought they were very friendly.

ROOMS – Clean and well appointed. Again I stayed in the VIP suite, and everything was obviously wonderful on the 22nd floor. Beyond that, I heard nothing but positive comments from our wedding guests.

VIEW – Unbelievable! Try to get one of the upper floors if possible. Either way, you are pretty much guaranteed a great view no matter what room you get.

FOOD & BEVERAGE – The only meal I had at the hotel was breakfast the following morning with my family. It was very good. Perhaps a little pricy, but you have to remember you are having a meal within the hotel property and you have to expect to pay for this convenience. The breakfast was served hot and tasty and the service was decent as well.

ELEVATORS TO THE PARKING GARAGE – I think that it is funny that some reviewers are complaining that you have to take up to three elevators to get to the parking garage. Give me a break. Is it going to kill you that you have to walk an extra 4 minutes and take an additional elevator ride to get to your car, in a parking garage, attached to the rear of a major hotel property? As I stated earlier, if you are worried about elevators, you are focusing on the wrong things.

In the end, I would stay here again. It is a modern, business class hotel that will satisfy most every guests. The location is great, the service is friendly and the views are incredible.

Room Tip: Try to get a room high up in the tower....the views are incredible. Tip the bellhops....they will t...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
MCatHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Dear Mr. Rohman,

Congratulations on your recent wedding and thank you for staying with us! Appreciate your taking the time to share your views. Great to learn you enjoyed the hotel, our location and the associates took great care of you.

Come back and see us sometime. All the best to you.

Mike Costello

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Traveled with a tour group there, impressed by the harbor view on the way there. The room is clean and big have an excellent view over the harbor. A few nice restaurants just in front of the hotel. Haven't got a chance to try them but all of those restaurants looks elegant and up tot the class. Not sure how good the hotel's location is in Philly, but it seems there is 10mins bus ride to the central (for me it is the liberty square).
The poor also has a nice view, i was the only person using it during the visit. However, i found the water was not as clean as i expected. Probably due to winter not many people using it. Internet is not free.
overall a nice stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
MCatHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Dear StartAdventure,

Great to read you enjoyed the hotel. Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Philadelphia. Glad you enjoyed the rooms and the views of the water.

You'll have to come back for more exploring. There is easy access to Old City, restaurants,shopping and the historic attractions from the hotel. Easy walk or we'll bring a cab around for you.

The pool has dark tiles which give it a darker look than some pools with light colored walls and pool bottom. We have a regular maintenance and cleaning schedule but we'll check it out. Thanks for sharing your comments.

Regards,

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

This is a hotel that is very new with LCD TV and all. Bell staff was very friendly and was even willing to pick up the luggages from the main road where we were dropped off. We had a room with a great view of the Benjamin Franklin bridge. Only gripe is the sirens we hear throughout the night. Since I stayed only one night, this could be incidental and not a chronic issue. The bed was comfortable but a bit too soft for my liking.

Room Tip: Get the room facing the bridge or city for a great night view.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear MarkoRamius23,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us.Appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed the visit to Philadelphia. Thank you for the kind words for the bell staff. We'll let them know.
Come back and see us again.

Regards,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I have had the opportunity to stay at the Hyatt at Penn's Landing in Philadelphia on 2 occasions. The view of the waterfront is always spectacular and you are very close to a lot of different attractions. Numerous great restaurants and historical areas are within walking distance. Accessibility is also easy from I95 and parking is ample due to the attached parking garage. Rooms are very nice and comfortable. If you are coming to Philadelphia and looking for a great place to stay this is the place.

Room Tip: The higher up the better so you can see more of the Delaware River.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
MCatHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Hello DirtDogDay,

Thanks very much for scheduling another stay with us. We appreciate the choices you have made to stay with us and it's great to here the stay went well.

Sounds like you have had the chance to get out and about to the attractions located nearby the hotel during your visits. Hopefully you're not done yet and we'll see you back again soon.

General manager
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Follow-up revisit review: We chose to stay again at this hotel, given our prior positive experience. We did not mind that the hotel is remote, right on the river, and this time we received a room overlooking the river. The view was of Camden, NJ across the river, and can see the retired battleship New Jersey, along with the Benjamin Franklin bridge (see attached pictures).

For those of you who don't mind being away from the hub-bub of downtown Philly, and travelling via taxi, car, or a few minutes walk to Old City or South Street (for bars, restaurants), or a little further walk, historic Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, then you can't go wrong with the Hyatt at Penn's Landing. Be aware: the seaport right below is essentially non-existent, and on other side of hotel = front, there is a full highway (I-95) sunken further below. Not very noisy, but an occasional honking, cars whizzing by, or motorcycle rumbling reminds you it's there. Don't worry, there are overpasses at street level to get past the highway. Ask for a room with a river view if you are sensitive to noise, but not a big issue as windows are thick enough.

Room was comfortable, clean and spacious. King bed on a high floor. Bathroom was clean and as expected. Standard and acceptable. Front desk is a little 'stiff' and needs a little 'warmth', but efficient.

We would continue to recommend this hotel to all, including families. Did not note a pool in the hotel, and we did not try the restaurants or bars in the hotel...we prefer not to for any hotel, given the many options in the city. Why eat at a hotel when there are so many options, cuisines in the city, within easy reach??

Happy Hotel-ing!

Room Tip: Request a room on river side ... city side is ok, but river side avoids highway noise below.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Unbiased & FairAdvisor,

Thanks very much for choosing to stay with us again as well as providing your commentary on your experiences. We appreciate it .

Interesting comment on the team at the fromnt desk. We've hired a number of new staff members at the desk recently. Great feedback for us. I have shared your comments with the Front Office Manager that oversees that team. This will help him fine tune. That attention together with time in position will do it. Crucial information for us.

Hope we'll see you again soon. all the best.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I had a very nice stay at this hotel. The only thing that I really have to complain about is how thin the walls were. One of the night I was there, a large group of people came back to their rooms after the bars closed and they were loud. Now this isnt the hotels fault, but the walls are so thin, it was like the were yelling inside my room. After about ten minutes of them yelling back and forth I almost called down stairs but they left the floor before I had the chance. Other than this, the hotel was nice, could use a little touching up but the bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. I would stay here again if I was ever in Philly. The biggest draw back about the city, not just the hotel is how much parking is. We paid 25 bucks a night to park at the hotel. So if you can find somewhere that had parking included, I would definitely do that instead.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
MCatHyatt, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Dear LAGirlWorldTraveler,

Thank you for staying with us. I regret some other guests returning to the hotel later at night were too loud. If it goes on for longer than you feel is acceptable please always call downstairs. our security personnel do a walk through of all floors but are often not on a floor at the moment someone is too loud. We send them back up to the floor and they address it directly with the loud group . They monitor the area for any other disturbance as well.

In regards to the parking.....seems that is somewhat of a subjective topic. We try to remain in a very competitive position relative to other similar hotels in the area. We compare very favorably on the lower end of the price points. Also, we offer self parking for a savings as well as valet parking.

Hopefully there will be another opportunity for you to head east again and we'll have the opportunity to have you with us again.

winston-salem nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt Penn's Landing for a convention in March. Check-in was quick and efficient. Room assigned was on a high floor with a king bed, as requested. While the view was nothing spectacular (city view), it suited my needs. The bathroom was nice, with granite countertop. All surfaces (shower, counter, toilet, etc) were cleaned adequately. I had the breakfast buffet at Keating's River Grill one morning. While it was very good with a nice variety, it was a bit pricey. The waitstaff was very accommodating.

The meeting facilities were fine, and the snacks provided during the breaks hit the spot. Actually, all the meals served during the meeting were good.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt Penn's Landing. I travel to Philly quite a bit and it will be one of my go-to hotels. One word of caution - this hotel is a little removed from the action. That could be good or bad, depending on your perspective.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Hello dkstyle,

Glad we had the opportunity to host the comnevtion you were in town for and have you stay with us. Thanks for sharing your feedback and it was great to read that the staff, facilities and food met all of your needs while you were here.

I hope you'll return for a leisure focused stay. The historical sites of Old City as well as great restaurants available in that part of town are close by. Cross over at the hotel driveway or take the pedestrian footbridge adjacent to the hotel. With cabs staging just across from the hotel we can also get you into one of those if preferred.

Thanks again. Enjoy the holidays. Hope you have you with us again soon.

Mike Costello

Been to Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penn's Landing? Share your experiences!