First things first - if you type 4010 City Avenue into your iPhone GPS you'll never find this place. If you come off of I-76 you want to turn left onto Presidential Blvd and then enter the CP parking lot to your right. There is actually a marker on the corner there that indicates a Presidential Blvd address, go figure. If you are coming down City Avenue "towards" I-76 you want to turn on the road between TD Bank and TGI Fridays. Hope that helps, because I was definitely lost even with the GPS!
Like a lot of Crowne Plaza's this place has a million dollar lobby. Nice bar, fixtures, nice place to lounge, etc. Check in was fast and friendly.
As a priority club member they did put me on the top floor and a king bed room. Exiting the elevator i had to smile a bit at the 70's green paint on the walls (different colors on either side of the hall) and the green carpet. If this is making a comeback put me in a coma and wake me up when it's over. But hey, the hallways aren't what we care about in a hotel anyway, right?
The room was smallish but comfortable. There was a small loveseat in the room as well. The big bonus was a nice flat screen TV, i didn't measure it but it had to be 36 inches, it was very nice feature. The shower and bath fixtures were a little older but worked fine and was no big deal.
At about $175/night I'd say this place is a bit overpriced but it was clean and it was comfortable. Parking was free. I'd recommend it as a decent place but definitely shop around for the best price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - City Avenue Hotel, where travelers are sure to love our great location on City Avenue off I-76 and I-676, less than 15 miles from the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) and just four miles from downtown Philly. Our hotel near the Main Line of Philadelphia offers leisure travelers easy access to many of the city's most popular attractions. Nature lovers can enjoy the great outdoors at one of the largest parks in the country, Fairmount Park, situated just one mile from our hotel. Our Philly accommodations are also near the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, the Manayunk Historic District, the Wachovia Center, Penn's Landing and the Philadelphia Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Crowne Plaza