“WATCH YOUR CREDIT CARD AT THIS PLACE!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4010 City Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #55 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Atlanta, Georgia
“WATCH YOUR CREDIT CARD AT THIS PLACE!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I went to my uncle's funeral and booked this place on Hotwire at the last minute. I paid for my room on Hotwire and paid for 4 nights for a total of $454.60. I checked out on July 3 and I didn't owe anything (keep in mind you have to put a credit card on file). Why this month on my credit card statement I have a charge for $892.78 from this place. I called and asked the front desk why? They stated that I paid through Hotwire and they didn't charge me. I told the lady that I am looking at the charge and they charged me on July 11! I stayed at this hotel from June 30-July 3! They told me that I had to talk to their accounting department. I work and I don't have time to keep calling!!! I just called my credit card company.

I was going back to Philadelphia soon and I thought about staying here, but I changed me mind! I will not do this again!!! This charge caused me to max out my credit card and it made my child's college tuition payment be rejected!!!! I told the lady this when I left her a message, but they don't care!!! Now, I have to move bills around to get my child's tuition paid!!!
Be careful with your credit card here!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I needed a night away from my family to refresh and was so pleasantly surprised by the special wing dedicated to women. The upgraded ammenities were great and I did feel more at ease with the additional security. Just the perfect getaway for a night! I even indulged in the complimenary hershey kisses in the room!
You can't go wrong!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was here for four nights and the people are very nice. The hotel just got a new chef and their food is top notch! It doesn't just look cool, it tastes amazing. I was on the 8th floor and my room was perfect. Everything was clean, it worked...and I slept really well. They have a new bedding package so everything is white and crisp. It looks really modern! They have a really nice shuttle that will take you places but there are things to see and do within walking distance too. Everyone is extremely helpful and have lots of suggestions for you. I used their fitness facility a few times which was great because they have free weights, a universal machine plus the usual cardio. The fitness room looks out over the pool and there were families splashing and having fun. They were updating the lobby with new tiles when I was leaving so I can't wait to come back and see the new look!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This hotel is not in downtown Philadelphia, but I was there for work and didn't have much time to explore the city anyway so it served its purpose. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, though it's far from the nicest hotel I've ever stayed. Had to leave around 2am to catch a train, and was shocked and appalled at the rampant and blatant prostitution that goes on at this hotel at that hour, but I guess it's not very different from many hotels in this area at that time of night. If I had a choice I would probably not stay at this hotel again, but it served its purpose for the time I was there without any major incidents.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear WorldTraveler526,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. It's nice to hear that our location suited your business needs and that you liked our friendly hotel staff. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm sorry your stay was negatively affected by the atmosphere of the hotel at the time you were leaving. We highly value your views and feedback, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and concerns. I hope we have the opportunity in the future to provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care
Plymouth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We took very little advantage of the amenities of the hotel, as we were there for a two day college tour. Room was clean, a bit small but fine. I was not blown away by the place, nor was I underwhelmed.

The location is very convenient to St. Josephs and was a short drive to Drexel and UPenn. Not far from Villanova either - so when college touring, it was a cost-effective, centrally located choice and we were not disappointed. A couple of restaurants in close walking distance - Chipotle, Starbucks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

I had higher expectations, but honestly I haven't stayed in a Crowne Plaza in quite some time. Regardless, I hope that other locations in the chain are better maintained than this property. There is some odor in the rooms and halls that was so bad I bought an air freshener from the nearby Target to mask the smell. The beds are somewhat uncomfortable as well.

The location is the best part though - several places to eat and Target is right there as well. However, next time I'll stay at the Hilton which was what I should have done in the first place.

• Stayed August 2012
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for an impromptu trip to Philly. I used to live in the area, so I knew it would be a close walk to a lot of the places we wanted to visit.

For those complaining about price, c'mon. You know when you go to a large city, they always jack prices up. I thought the price was very good for what you get. I really liked the little "goodie" bag on the bed...ours had a lavendar pillow spray and some other cute extras.

The restaurant and bar at the hotel are very good. The bartender made us some very yummy drinks! Of course the prices are going to be a little more expensive, but they didnt cheap you on alcohol that is for sure!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West? Share your experiences!