Stayed at this hotel at 4010 City Ave. Philadelphia May 2012. The front desk staff and the bell men were all professional, attentive, and very nice. The free parking was easy and there was lots of it. Check in was no problem and the lines moved quickly. The hot tub was very nice. There was an indoor pool but I only put my toes in as it was freezing. Even the young children who were there did not go in and they usually don't mind cold water. It was a disappointment because we all wanted to go swimming. We said something to the staff but they said that they would have to have someone check on it in a day or two, but we left before that occurred so we never got to use the pool. The room was adequate size, although we were told when we reserved the room that there was a sofa bed in the room and there was not. When we told this to the front staff, we were told that the reservation person must have made a mistake. The bathroom was quite small. The shower water was very powerful (a good thing) and even at peak time in the morning, the water stayed hot the whole time. The bed was very comfortable. The pillows on the bed were the nicest pillows I've ever used in a hotel. The room was very clean except for dust around the fridge. The inside of the fridge and the freezer needed a bit more cleaning but it was nice to have a good size fridge in the room. The coffee maker in the room was nice with very good tasting coffee. The inside of the room smelled fine. The odor on our floor was musty and smelled like old smoke / cigarettes, even though the floor and rooms were non smoking. Don't know if cleaning the carpets would help, or to repaint, but something needs to be done about the bad odor. The weight / work out room was very nice and all of the equipment worked well. The views were not good but that is never an issue for us. There was no balcony. Did not eat any of the food while at the hotel. The air conditioning worked very well and was not too loud. For close to $300 per night, don't know if I would stay again for this price, but if the price dropped, would definitely stay again. Overall, the stay was a good one, and we were mostly pleased.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West Hotel Philadelphia
- Crowne Plaza Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Crowne Plaza Philadelphia - City Avenue Hotel, where travelers are sure to love our great location on City Avenue off I-76 and I-676, less than 15 miles from the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) and just four miles from downtown Philly. Our hotel near the Main Line of Philadelphia offers leisure travelers easy access to many of the city's most popular attractions. Nature lovers can enjoy the great outdoors at one of the largest parks in the country, Fairmount Park, situated just one mile from our hotel. Our Philly accommodations are also near the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, the Manayunk Historic District, the Wachovia Center, Penn's Landing and the Philadelphia Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Fareportal so you can book your Crowne Plaza Philadelphia West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.