My husband and I were celebrating his birthday (a noteworthy one) and decided it would be fun to play tourist in Philadelphia. He picked the Embassy Suites due to its location - walking distance to The Barnes Museum and the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts. We arrived on April 3rd and left on April 5th. Peggy at the front desk was wonderful - thank you Peggy for your kindness. All the staff was cordial and the room was as described. The room was nicely appointed and very clean - I look everywhere (read some of my other reviews). We were on the 27th floor with a wonderful view of Logan Circle and the Ben Franklin Parkway leading to the Art Museum. We enjoyed the free drinks and snacks from 5:30 to 7:00 each evening and the full breakfast in the morning. The only area that could use a touch of sprucing up is the restaurant on the second floor. The wood is a bit banged up, etc. and the outside rooftop area that the restaurant looks out onto could use a good sweeping - a bit of leaves and other detritus blowing around out there - it would take just a few minutes. One more suggestion I'd make is to find a way to ensure that guests are aware that they need to present their breakfast vouchers to the hostess. I felt sorry for the hostess when each morning she had to contend with guests that had forgotten their vouchers and whined and griped when they had to go back to their room and get the voucher. Some guests were "high and mighty" and were not very nice to the hostess who is just doing her job. Maybe a photocopied flyer left in the room on the dining table with the magazines. All in all, we had a wonderful stay and would recommend the Embassy Suites to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suite, full service hotel, TGI Friday's attached to hotel, guest laundry, fitness room, valet parking available. All suites have kitchenette area, balconies with sweeping views of the city, two televisions, two phones, living, dining, work areas, separate bedroom with choice of one king or two double bed. Queen size sleep sofa in living room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Embassy Suites