“Would have loved to stay longer.” 4 of 5 stars

Family Fun Package
Ranked #50 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
O'Fallon, Illinois, USA
“Would have loved to stay longer.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Me and a friend were in Philly for one night and booked this hotel. It was a great experience and I would love to stay here for a longer trip.

The lobby was nice and clean, check in was easy and simple. It was the weekend, so the elevators were sometimes crowded, but we were only on the 4th floor so we used the stairs sometimes. The room was huge! The double beds easily fit in the bed room with plenty of space to walk around. They were very comfortable beds, we both had a great nights sleep. The living room had a table and a large desk that we used to look at the map and plan our day. There was also a pull out couch and a chair in the room. There was kitchenette with a microwave, sink, mini fridge and lots of counter space. In addition to all this, there was still a huge amount of open space in the room. Perfect for a family or long trip.

We attended the happy hour the hotel offers. Free wine, beer and cocktails. It was crowded and seating was limited, but we enjoyed it. Afterwards we walked down 18th street where we found many restaurants to choose from for dinner.

Breakfast was nice the next day. Crowded again, but the food was overall good. They had a omelet station that was very good, and lots of hot food choices.

The location was nice, we were able to walk to several museums near by. It is too far to walk to Independence hall, but not a far drive.

Parking was expensive ($45, I think) so we parked across the street for $29.

Other than parking, I have no complaints and would love to stay here for a longer trip next time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Once again another fabulous trip and stay at Embassy Suites in the heart of Philadelphia. We choose to stay at this Embassy Suites again because we had a fabulous stay last year. We were not disappointe. This property is in the heart of the museum district and an easy walk. Easy cab ride to Independence Hall, Liberty Bell and the US Mint The hotel is very family friendly. The suites work great for a family of five. Our room was very clean and the staff exceptional. This hotel is a great value. Room fee includes a complimentary (real) breakfast and happy hour was an added bonus to our stay. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room on a high floor. We did not pay extra for the view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Rooms very nice with a balcony. Kept the doors open all week for the nice breeze. The fun thing about this hotel is it is round. When you get off the elevator, no matter how many times you have done it, you have to go in a circle to find your room. It's like Hotel Roulette. No major complaints but a suggestion...a local shuttle van would be a huge plus. While downtown and city hall are a quick walk, I was lucky we did not have bad weather. Very friendly staff and a decent breakfast at the restaurant next door.

Room Tip: The higher, the better.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
new jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hotel is in a good location for walking to museums and Market Street. The room was large and sufficient but otherwise I was not impressed at all. I dropped a full bottle of wine in my room and had to call three times for a maid to help clean it up. I had mopped it up with a towel but there were shards of glass on the tile. When she finally came to clean it up several hours later, she swept it and left. I had to follow her to the supply closet to actually clean it up with a damp cloth and cleanser. The breakfast buffet was a short staffed and not equipped to handle the number of guests eating there. There were actually no coffee cups one morning. The omelet station was good but could have used another one. When I called for valet service, the car arrived but they turned it off and took the keys. I had to flag down another person to find my keys and than warm it up myself. The 3 elevators just didn't seem to be able to handle the amount of guests in the hotel during a busy weekend. And I noticed that the maids spent most there time waiting for elevators because there was no service elevators. It seemed like a lot of poor management decisions. I guess the price is right if you are looking for a large room, free breakfast and happy hour.

Room Tip: Go with a lower floor room if possible so you are not waiting for elevators. We spent way to much t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
David F, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for the inconveniences. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and your review will help us do just that. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay and again I apologize for the issues. I've address the appropriate team members and management at TGI Friday's and we don't suspect issues like these to be repeated. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Embassy suites. Excelllent location. Good happy hour and a great breakfast! Omlets made to order are first class. Eascy access to cathedral, Museums, and to downtown. Parking at hotel or right behind it.(Self parking is cheaper) Rooms are very spacious.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Nice room, breakfast was good, set up of hotel was odd and confusing. Every time we got out of an elevator we turned in circles to figure out where we were. Breakfast set up was chaotic and annoying, think of a tiny space with lots of people serving themselves breakfast in a rush (if both floors of the Friday's were open for getting food not just for seating, it would alleviate the issue). We were disappointed that our booking for a King Suite on our stay was not met. This romantic weekend was spent with a room with two full beds : (.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I was just not impressed with this hotel.

Checking
No problems and off to the rooms. The elevators are weird. There are 3 in sort of a triangle shape with the button away from them. Just odd.

Room
I was given a huge room on the 16th floor. Not sure if all the room are this large but it was huge. Everything was worn looking. All the slight switches were yellowed and old looking. Everything worked but it was just worn looking. Plus it was hard to find light switches for the lights you wanted to turn on.

Bed
The bed was fine but the pillows were way too soft for me. You had to fold it to get and support.

TV
The channel selection was fine. You can use the lodgenet app to make lodgenet at least tolerable.

Bath
No problems. Again it looked worn and I had hot water right away. The shower head kind of stunk and the ceiling was very low.

Parking
Parking is $38 a night and they are slow to get your car. They tell you 25-30 minutes to get your car. I requested my car at 345am and it still took 10 minutes to get my car.

Internet
It's not blazing speed. Kind of slow I thought.

Reception
THe reception is nice like at all embassy suites but the are is kind of small and filled up fast.

Checkout
I was out at 4am without problems.

Overall
I would not book here again. I just wasn't impressed with the rate for what I got. Charging so much for parking is really outrageous.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
David F, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are aware that parking in the area can be a bit expensive, which is why we strive to offer a competitive price for parking in our area. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. However, in addition we would also like to apologize for the other inconveniences you experienced as well. We hope that next time you’re in the area you will consider staying with us again. We would love another chance to provide a great stay.

Been to Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City? Share your experiences!