“Not worth the effort” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mt. Kisco
“Not worth the effort”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Worst experience ever at any of the Embassy Suites we've ever stayed in. Had to wait 2.5 hours past check-in time to get to the room. "Manager Reception" for 2 nights was nothing like other ES sites--(Cheese Doodles and Chex Mix) or (Chips and Goldfish) "Cooked to order breakfast" was at the TGIF. They ran out of silverware, coffee cups, dishes, and seating. The food stations were rarely replenished and the hot "food" was cold and the cold "food" was warm. The serving areas, tables and floors were filthy. The omelete guy was the only person who knew what he was doing. We asked for an extra blanket for the King bed and we got 2 full size sheets instead. Spoke to 4 other customers during the weekend and all had similar complaints.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David F, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for long wait at check-in, during breakfast, and at the Manager's Reception. I'm also sorry that meal utensils and condiments were not restocked, the snacks offered were not what you're used to receiving, and that the quality of our entrees were less than satisfactory. We are reviewing your comments with the management of TGI Fridays so they can make improvements in these important areas. Your review certainly provides us with the insight we need to ensure we're living up to the guest experience you expect and deserve. The next time you are in the area, we would love for you to stay with us again.

Kind regards,

David Fabian

993 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Check in is scheduled for 3pm and I arrived to the hotel at 4pm to find that there were no ready rooms. We were told to wait in the lobby and they would call my cell phone when a room was available. I have now been sittin in the lobby for an hour and I am livid. After driving for 4 hours, I would like to get into my room and not be sitting in the lobby with all of my luggage!

• Stayed February 2013
I sincerely apologize that there was a delay with your check in. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced an abnormal situation. Thank you for your honest feedback, I have provided your review to our front office team to ensure that our guests comfort and expectations are met.
Rochelle Park, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Husband and I show up and the front desk receptionist greets us with insane attitude, telling me she does not have ESP because I did not offer my name immediately after I politely asked her to check-in. This lady (or animal...whichever works) never even asked me my name, but instead reacted to me with some serious unwanted 'tude. Long story short, she "upgrades" my husband and I to a room with the security latch broken, the walls appearing poorly refurbished, gross stains in the toilet and tub, and two double beds. That's right - two double beds for an adult married couple (total dorm room style). Anyway, I'm really not impressed with the room, the view, and especially not the insulting staff. I'm writing this review after having been here for only 1/2 hour. Speaks volumes of my experience here so far and the fact that I already regret staying here. Don't do it to yourself...stay away from this hotel (or make sure in advance that they've gotten rid of the animals).

Room Tip: Best tip to get a good room at this hotel is for you not to stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for the poor level of service you received while staying with us. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and your review will help us accomplish that. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We want you to know that we have addressed our team in regards to your review and we will make the necessary improvements. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance.
Harrisburg Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Embassy Suites is my favorite place to stay when I visit Philadelphia. I am a frequent customer. I only had one bad experiene but it wasn't bad enough for me to not return to the Embassy Suites. The location is perfect and the Customer Service is "Great". I wish there wer other choices for breakfast because I really dislike the free breakfast. I was happy to see the the coffee cups increased in size. The location is perfect, we have easy access to all the places we need to go. My only complaint is the condition of the bedding. Its alway so wrinkled. It takes away from the fresh apperance that the room should have.

Room Tip: I prefer the lower floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from a two night stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and eager to please. The rooms were spacious and clean. However, the heat/air conditioning unit in my room was so loud that I could not sleep (and I am not a light sleeper). It sounded like a truck engine. The front desk staff person was apologetic the next morning when I complained and quickly agreed to move me to a room with a quieter unit. However, she told me that most of the hotel's rooms have noisy units.

The heat/air unit in my new room was much quieter the next night. Although I was well rested, I had a rude awakening the next morning when there was absolutely no hot water for my shower!

While I appreciate the efforts of the staff, they can't make up for the serious problems with the hotel's systems.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
David F, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We’re sorry that we didn't provide you with a rewarding experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy heating units and our water heaters. Your comments will help us correct these issues as we are working with our maintenance team to find a permanent solution. We hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you’re in the area. We would love another chance to provide a great stay.
West Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I acquired these accommodations "blindly" through an on-line service. WOW! Everything it was "advertised" to be - and more! The location, the rooms, the views, the complimentary breakfast, the staff...each aspect revealed itself like a Pick 6 sequence of numbers appearing on MY ticket! I had never been to Philly before, and now I can't wait to go back. My S/O and my 16 year old son were equally pleased and impressed - which is quite a feat with the average US teenager.
Just AWESOME!

Room Tip: Check out King of Tandoori and the Rose Tattoo on Callowhill near 19th. There is also much less exp...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Boyertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was my second stay at this hotel and each time I found the hotel to be a great bargain for the price paid. The staff was very helpful and courteous and the rooms wer very spacious and clean. The evening cocktail hour and complimentary breakfast were all a plus and although parking was expensive, I found it to be very convenient. I will definately stay at this hotel on my next visit to Philadelphia.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City? Share your experiences!