“The location is the highlight” 3 of 5 stars

Family Fun Package
Ranked #49 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas
“The location is the highlight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The location is the only thing good about this hotel. Check-in took a long time despite being 2pm and having listed check-in early on my direct reservation. Room are big but not very clean and furniture quite outdated. Internet in the room is very slow.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
David F, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing feedback on your visit. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed in your stay and we will share your comments with our housekeeping team to ensure our rooms meet the highest standards of comfort and cleanliness. Please accept our apology for the wait at check-in and slow internet service. We know how important speed is in both these areas and we will work with our team and service provider to alleviate this issue. We are glad you found our location convenient for your activities in town and hope you will consider staying with us again and experiencing an improved quality of service and accommodations, should you return to the area in the future. Thank you,

David Fabian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I recently stayed at this property for a business trip, and after reading some of the reviews below, I was a bit nervous. After checking in, all my concerns quickly went away.

The front desk and staff were very helpful and quickly pointed me in the right direction to grab a bit to eat (arrived at 12:30am) and asked what else they could assist with, it was a perfect checkin.

I headed up to my room, which was an upgrade king suite and was surprised with the size and how nice the layout was. A small kitchen, couch, tv, dinning room table, it was all very nice and very clean. The balcony was a nice touch, and although my view wasnt the greatest, it was nice to step out for some fresh air.

The bedroom was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was perfect.

I did head out for a bite to eat after checking in, and this hotel does have a very central location in the CIty. It is also right across the street from the Four Seasons Hotel, so you can feel confident you are in a nice area of the city.

I would stay here again, and when I travel back to Philly in two weeks, this will probably be where I stay.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The hotel is alright from the outside and the lobby. You can certainly tell its age from the lobby and elevators. The reps at the front of the hotel were seemingly nice but they seem to be just reading from a script when talking to you. Not very sincere. Oh well. On the floor of your rooms, the hallways and doorways are all gross and dated with scuff marks on the walls and doors. They really need a new paint job or something. It also really makes you question the cleanliness and how well they take care of the rest of the hotel. My room smelled like smoke, and all the kitchen cupboards were opened as if someone just finished cleaning it or checking it. The size of the suite is large and that's probably the only redeeming factor other than the hotel's location. But then again, it is embassy SUITES, and if you compare it to other embassy suites, it's a lot poorer in quality and service. On first glance, the room seemed clean. However, someone must have forgotten to clean under my bathroom's toilet seat because when I lifted the seat to urinate, there was dried urine stains and pubes all over the toilet rim. It was nasty. I've never had that experience before and I travel extensively all over the world. Even hotels in 3rd world countries do better than that in terms of cleaning!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
David F, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. We know how important a clean and comfortable environment is while traveling and our guests deserve the best. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.

Lookout Mountain, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We booked for 3 nights to enjoy T'giving Parade from balcony and see family. View was great, but heater was so loud that at night, we'd turn it off completely. The breakfast would have been fine had we been only 2 of 100, but the set up was far too tight for hungry hordes--not enough tables, not enough food, jockeying for beverages, underdone bacon, unmonitored food supplies, dirty tables. We felt like rats in ship's hold, fighting for the same crumb, opting out for last morning. Elevator waits were long, followed by sardine-in-can experience. Actual suite was very nice, although all noise on floor lobby was audible. Staff was nice but overwhelmed.

Room Tip: If visiting at peak time, try for lower floor as you'll want to use the stairs.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
David F, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad our location was convenient for your activities in town and that you were able to see the parade from your room. I sincerely apologize for your experience in our breakfast area and for the claustrophobic atmosphere associated with high occupancy. Please know that we are working on a solution to the problem and hope to enact preventative measures in the coming months. We look for reviews such as yours to provide insight into our guests’ experience, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. The next time you are in the area, we would love for you to stay with us again.

Hampton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel has a good location and the rooms are spacious but...it is loud! You can hear everything and it felt like every door in the hallway slammed closed...nonstop. The elevators can be slow and if no one is there to organize the crowd then forget it. Prepare to wait or take the stairs. The breakfast buffet was ok but very crowded.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
David F, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for your review. Like you said our location and large suits is very favorable with all our guests. Unfortunately due to us being popular is that we sell out often and we do have a lot of guests especially on holiday events and weekends. Our goal is excellent service so we will work harder on solutions to make the hotel feel lees crowded on our busy nights.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We recently spent a long weekend in Philly at the Embassy Suites in Center City. Our "room" was actually more like a one-bedroom apartment, with two balconies - breath-taking views. The location is outstanding - walking distance to Love Park, the Reading Market, Franklin Institute, etc. We found the Customer Service to be warm and friendly. The only negative was their morning breakfast set-up, as it is located in the adjacent TGIF's (and was poorly organized). Otherwise, it is a wonderful property we can highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review. I will share the comment “We found the customer service to be warm and friendly” with all our operation employees as they are the heart of this hotel and really appreciate these kind and friendly comments. I will notify TGIF management in regards to their breakfast setup and ask for a better solution especially on our busy weekends. Thank you for your kind and constructive comments.
Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel itself was OK. The room was nice, large, and clean. The location is wonderful; right in the heart of the city. The negatives were the customer service and the overall organization. I booked the hotel to run the Philadelphia Marathon. Check in the day before the race was not until 4:00 which seems really late to me. I got at the hotel at 12:00 and was told I could pre-check in and they would call when the room was ready. I left and went to the runner's expo and never got a phone call from the hotel. I returned to the hotel around 3:30 and my room was still not ready. I waited in the waiting area with dozens of other runners waiting for their rooms and there was a very long line to the front desk. At 4:00 I was told my room was still not ready, and still not ready at 4:15. At 4:30 the room was finally ready but I never got a phone call. The next day check out was noon & the hotel did not offer later check out. The noon check out made me have to pack my bag and check it prior to the Marathon. In the future I would suggest the hotel bring on more staff the day before the Philadelphia Marathon and allow earlier check in & later check out. But again the proximity to the Start/Finish line was perfect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
David F, Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for your posting. Usually we have not been sold out the Friday before the Marathon and can have rooms ready earlier for early check-in but like you said we will make sure to have additional staff to make the process smoother going forward. Our goal is excellent customer service and constant improvement so we thank you for your constructive comments.

Been to Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City? Share your experiences!