“Embassy Suites Center City” 4 of 5 stars

Family Fun Package
Ranked #48 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Henryetta, Oklahoma
“Embassy Suites Center City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at the embassy suites for a conference at the convention center. I found the hotel much different than other embassy's I had stayed at. The round building makes the rooms wedge shaped but they are very large a well kept. The hotel is not new and shows the normal signs of age but not run down at all. The location is good. It is a 10 minute walk to the convention center, 15 minutes to independence hall and there is a subway, walgreens, and wawa within 3 blocks of the hotel. The walgreens has $5 umbrellas which saved me on a rainy week. I had no issues with noise or housekeeping. The elevators were slow in the mornings, but I never waited longer than a couple of minutes.
I would stay at this hotel again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

1,034 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Turkish first
Trenton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Hotel was clean outside.. My room was dirty when I walked in. The staff cleaned it right away.. Its a bit noisy however the Location being right down town was awesome..enjoyed running to the "Rocky" stairs with the theme song in my head..

Room Tip: Higher floor a must..
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Decatur, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites in Philly. We love Embassy Suites and try to stay at them when we travel if we can. This Embassy is a bit different. For one thing...it is round! It used to be apartments and was converted to hotel rooms. The suites are very roomy and each has a balcony. There is no furniture on the balcony and I would suggest that they add a couple of chairs. The beds are comfortable and as with all Embassy Suites, you have a small kitchenette. One thing I don't like about Embassy Suites is that they don't have free WiFi, however I received free WiFi as a Hilton Honors member.

One of the things that I liked about this Embassy Suites was the service. Peggy, at the front desk was very helpful. We asked about a place to watch a ball game and she printed out all the places around and described each one. When we checked in, she reminded us that the manager's reception was about to end so if we wanted some fresh pretzels and a drink, we could leave our luggage right there and walk around the corner. What hospitality!

When we got to the bar, Darryl greeted us with a smile and jokingly asked me for my ID, he was a charmer and was friendly and jovial to all.

Lastly, this place is near most everything you want to do. It is a very good location. We were able to walk wherever we needed to go. Philly is a walking city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Nice big suite BUT the noise from the heating system as well as the automatic fan in the bathroom were so loud it was not bearable . When I complained to the front desk they went through the motion to tell me they would send an engineer but I guess he/she could not do anything because the problem remained.
Complimentary Breakfast was plentiful but the breakfast room has seen better days

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
David F, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback on your experience via TripAdvisor. I’m sorry you experienced noise with your heater and bathroom fan during your stay. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep them in excellent, quiet condition and we are sorry to hear this was not your experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in Philadelphia. We’d love to make your stay with us the best hotel experience possible.

David Fabian
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a strange hotel - a circular high rise with multiple elevators in different locations on each floor. I was always turned around. The rooms are fairly roomy - like all Embassy Suites. It's a decent location in downtown Philly. Parking was sort of a pain. The cost to park was about $40 per night. When we pulled up late Friday night to check in, the parking attendant told us to go park in a garage around the corner and it would only be $9. My husband did that, but he ended up paying $40 anyway the next day to get out! There is some fine print we did not understand about having to be out by 7am the next day to get the "deal." I think the guy just didn't want to hassle with parking our car late at night.

The breakfast is in the Friday's restaurant that is inside the hotel. It was fine - good selection. The room was adequate. Certainly not luxurious but adequate. There were many weddings going on the weekend we were there - so there was always a very long wait for elevators. We were on a high floor so walking down with our luggage was not an option.

I probably would stay there again for a weekend in Philly, but there are better places. However, you get what you pay for and for our family of four, with breakfast included, it was a decent value.

Room Tip: I'd try to get a room on a lower floor in case it's jammed and you have to end up walking do...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
David F, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent visit with us in Philadelphia. We are glad to hear we were able to meet your family’s needs however we are sorry we did not exceed them. We will take your comments on our parking policies, breakfast service, and elevator efficiency into account as we continuously work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again and experiencing a hopefully improved quality of hospitality should your family return to the area.

David Fabian
Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Nice place to stay for business, big rooms, comfortable beds, good location and every room has a balcony. My only complaint is that free Wifi is only available in the business center on the 2nd floor. They do have a Manger's happy hour every day and the bartender pours a nice drink! There is a Friday's located in the same building and fantastic restaurants and pubs/bars all within walking distance of the hotel. You can't beat the location.

Room Tip: If you want to stock your fridge with snacks & drinks or need toiletries, etc., just walk up to...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Halifax Ns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Location is superb, hotel is located on Benjamin Franklin Parkway, between the Museuem of Art(Rocky Staue area), and City Hall. Several dining places and pubs are located nearby. Breakfast was included and was hosted in attached Smitty's, buffet style with a wide variety of options. They also make omlettes to order. There was plenty of room for 5 of us, also included kitchenette , a nice balcony and seperate bedroom. Beds were doubles, which made it cosy.

Room Tip: For a group this is especially good location and excellent value.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City? Share your experiences!