“Not up to Embassy Suites standards!” 1 of 5 stars

Earn Double HHonors Pts.
Ranked #50 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersBronze level
chicago
“Not up to Embassy Suites standards!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We recently booked a stay at this hotel for five nights - we only stayed one night. The air conditioner did not work. They sent someone up pretty quickly to fix it. The bathroom door was broken and the ceiling was molding with parts of it falling down. I was afraid to put the kids down on the floor because it was dirty. The nice cheese plate that was advertised when I booked the room online was obviously on the fridge too long - the nuts were mushy!! This experience is not what I have come to expect from embassy suites!

• Stayed July 2011
ES_PHILDTCC, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
chicago55 - Thank you for your review and my sincere apologies for the opportunities that you had experienced here at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia. Our Housekeeping Manager prides herself on the cleanliness of our suites and was quite disappointed to read your review and has asked me to pass on her apologies as well. We pride ourselves on the overall cleanliness of our hotel and are working diligently to maintain it. I do hope that you will give us another chance when you return to Philadelphia.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Hotel staff were friendly, helpful and accommodating. We arrived before 12N and were given a room right away. Rooms were spacious and very clean. The view from the terrace was awesome...ask for a high floor. The free breakfast was great with a variety of choices including an omelet station but get there early because it can get pretty crowded. The complimentary "Happy Hour" provided a nice way to wind down after a busy day. Parking fee was a bit high, however, there are many parking garages within close proximity. We found a great deal nearby - $15.00 for 24 hours. Overall, we enjoyed the experience and would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayed at this hotel while I was in town for a large conference in late June, 2011. I was not surprised to find out the hotel was formerly an apartment building, as the rooms as quite large. Every room has a balcony, and my room had a great view out toward Logan Square and the art museum. (Any room ending in 10 or 12 would have the same view. I suggest floor 20 and higher for great views.)

The decor was a bit dated, but the bed was very comfortable and the room was clean.

i did have a problem when I initially checked in, and Richard from the front desk took care of it immediately for me. When I walked into the room and set my backpack down on the dining table, I noticed a few small bugs. I looked up and the ceiling was covered with them. It was clear that someone had left the balcony door open at night with the light on. I called the desk and immediately Richard, the maintenance guy and the housekeeping director were at my door. I was moved to an upgraded room and at my request got complimentary wireless internet for the duration of my stay.

The hotel does not have the same feel as most Embassy Suites since it was not originally built as one. Eg, the breakfast is provided at an attached TGIFridays by Embassy Staff, there is no central atrium, the front desk is quite small, there is no pool, etc. But it meets the standard with the room size, manager's reception, breakfast quality, etc. It's a nice hotel.

I would definitely stay here again if I visit Philadelphia again in the future.

Room Tip: The purple Phlash bus stops right in front of the hotel. You can get a day pass for $5 and ride to...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed there around 7/9-11, got the stay and play package and we got a two room suite. Great walking distance to museum, and short driving distance to zoo, touch museum, downtown and pretty much everywhere, the breakfast is buffet style and good variety of food. A little crowded on Sunday morning but overall it was good. Internet is charge per device though, if you have touch, laptop or iPad you could be charged three times. The room was clean and spacious, mini kitchen but no plate or any utensil. We really love it here and will stay again very soon

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

Traveling with my husband,daughter,son-in-law and 2 grandsons(12 & 10). Got a good deal(thru husband's work) on a room during the week before the 4th on the 26th floor.Everything from check-in, to Happy Hour(free drinks and food starting @5)) to check out was great. The only confusion was where to park. We had a "clam" on top of the van and it wouldn't fit in the parking deck. It was only for one night, but wanted to stay longer!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Another great stay here for a business trip. the hotel staff is friendly, the rooms are spacious, and I LOVE that you get a balcony! great viw this time too.. Excellent. The gym is nice. Breakfast is fine. This hotel is really a great place to stay for being in walking distance of everything and is a great choice for business travel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
ES_PHILDTCC, Richard Boegly, Revenue Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Bonsai35 - Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.
Omaha
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We stayed here one night & I'm glad that was it. The light switch on our bathroom was filthy and the room had a terrible smell to it. It was ok for a night but I wouldn't recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed July 2011
Hskrs - Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post a review about our hotel. I would like to apologize for the cleanliness in your room and take a moment to say that this is not our typically high standard that we do hold ourselves too. Our pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the hotel and are very disappointed when we fall short of our goals. I have passed your comments onto our Director of Housekeeping and she will work to ensure this standard is not missed again.

Been to Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Center City? Share your experiences!