Stayed for one night prior to flying out of PHL airport. Room was clean except for table which was sticky. Our main disappointment was that the walls are paper thin. Unfortunately there was a party going on in the room next to ours, so we did not get much sleep. By 5:30am it just sounded like 2 people talking, yet we could still hear them.
We booked a room with a king size bed through a discount site (can't remember if it was travelocity, expedia, orbitz, or hotel.com). They upgraded us to a room with two double beds for free, though i did not get the feeling that they routinely do this. All of the websites had about the same price, yet some charge $20 more for a second person, so it pays to check all of them.
Also, we called the hotel several times to check this, when you book the hotel through another website (other than their's) you can leave your car there while you travel, regardless of whether or not you've booked a park & fly rate or package. If you book directly through the hotel, you must book the park & fly rate. They did not take our license plate number or require us to put anything on our car, so I don't know that parking is even monitored.
The breakfast had both buffet items and cooked to order items. It opened at 7am on a Saturday and the line had formed before 7. They were late opening the cooked to order section and did not get that opened up until 7:10am. I was the 6th person in line to have an omelet made and missed the 7:30am shuttle as a result. Food available that I recall was: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, omelets, cereal, yogurt, bagels, toast.
The manager's reception is early, so if you are arriving later in the evening, you will miss this. Also, check what time the breakfast opens the day you will be there so you are sure you will be able to take advantage of this
We would probably stay here again, but definitely would request a room near the least amount of people, or call the front desk if people were that loud again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The stunning accommodations at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport hotel are designed for your comfort. Unwind in the lush, tranquil atmosphere of the open-air atrium after a long day of business or leisure in Philadelphia during the Evening Reception*, featuring complimentary drinks and snacks. Enjoy a free cooked-to-order breakfast in the hotel's atrium, and additional on-site services such as a modern fitness center and an indoor pool. This hotel is less than a mile from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Embassy Suites