“Embassy Suites - Pros & Cons” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay & Go Package
Ranked #44 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Buffalo, NY
“Embassy Suites - Pros & Cons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2006

My husband and I stayed and the Embassy Suites one night in November (2006).

Pros:
Staff - Friendly and approachable.

The Room - Quiet, comfortable and spacious. The bed with six fluffy white pillows was awesome. I slept better than ever. To my surprise, the suite had a microwave and refrigerator.

Breakfast - The complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast was wonderful.

Cons:
Embassy Grille - The food was overpriced and not enjoyable. My husband was looking forward to the pasta prima vera, while I ordered one of my all-time favorite things: lobster bisque soup (plus a Caesar Salad). The lobster bisque soup tasted more like tomato bisque and hadn't a shred of lobster in it. We were both so disappointed and left completely unsatisfied. My advice is to ask for order from their "late night" menu which would have been less expensive. Apparently this menu has Philly cheese steak sandwiches and the like.

Location - A taxi ride to anywhere will cost you a fortune. My suggestion (since there is a microwave and refrigerator): Bring your own drinks and snacks.

Bathroom - The bathroom definitely needed some attention. It looked a bit run down compared to the rest of the room.

• Liked — The comfy bed and quietness of the room.
  • Disliked — The Embassy Grille
  • Tips/Secrets — Embassy Grille - Ask for the "Late Night" menu for a better value, and hopefully better food.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
Ephrata, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2006

We stayed at this Embassy Suites before a flight the next morning. Since our flight was not leaving until 9:30 AM we felt the Embassy would be a good choice as we would have time to eat their breakfast. Also the reviews on this site steered us to this hotel. The hotel was adequate. The suites were two rooms, but each room is small, altho if traveling with children it would be more appreciated. The hotel was sold out on the night we were there, so there was a lot of noise and commotion in the lobby area and breakfast was full. We encountered no problems, but will probably return to the Renaissance next month when we again fly from this airport. Overall, it depends what you are looking for in an airport hotel. We would prefer a larger bedroom and have no need for a separate sitting area or kitchenette.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — small rooms in suites
  • Tips/Secrets — none
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2006

Recently stayed at this property for a bachelorette party in Philly. We arrived at 5pm, and although check in was at 3pm a room was not ready for us. The front desk clerk said 10 minutes, and in 10 minutes we had our room. The atrium of the hotel was nice, with a sitting area and pond with koi and ducks. One thing we immediately noticed was that there were a TON of unsupervised poorly behaved kids running soaking wet through the lobby, playing on the elevators, and screaming in the halls. The managers reception left a lot to be desired, "appetizers" were chips, pretzles, and french onion dip, but I guess you can't expect much else for free. We didn't drink but there were a few guests that were taking advantadge of the open bar. There was also a wedding in the hotel that evening, which provided a nice distraction with taking pictures in the atrium and all the guests watching. We never ventured into the pool area, but from the atrium it looked small and very crowded - again, there were kids everywhere. Our room was nice enough, pull out couch, small kitchenette, two double beds in the bedroom. Bathroom was clean, but not sparkling, there were some areas of visible mold in the grout but the shower, tub, and the curtain were all clean. The table in the living are was a bit sticky however... I guess to sum it all up, if you are crashing here after a night of debauchery for a wedding or party in Philly, or you have an early flight and don't want to have to get up at 3am to drive to the airport, this is a decent option. The parking (while hard to find) is free, and you can leave your car there while you are away and take their shuttle to the airport. There are a number of hotels in this complex, but if you can get a good deal at this one it will suffice. As long as you aren't here for a resort type atmosphere and your most important features are a clean room/bathroom and a comfy bed, the Embassy Suites is always an option.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
Manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2006

Well, I have stayed here before and the last couple of times the stay was pretty good. My recent stay was average, it seems the breakfast buffet is not as tasty as it use to be. However, the "Happy Hour" was terrific!!! There was just one issue, the remote in our room just would not work, it took about three different tries before it finally acted right! The Ruby Tuesdays to the right of the Hotel is great, always is. Also the Room service is good yet expensive. I may think twice of staying again next year, the Embassy Suites are overrated.

• Liked — Large Suite, Plenty of Room, Happy Hour
  • Disliked — Buffet
  • Tips/Secrets — Check other places near the airport
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2006

We had tickets for the Wiggles at the Wachovia Spectrum, so coming from Long Island we thought we'd spend the night at the Embassy Suites after reading mostly positive reviews. We arrived late afternoon after spending a few hours at Adventure Aquarium in Camden, NJ 15 minutes away. We unfortunately had bad timing because there was a bus parked outside and there were about 5 large families with about 5 kids each checking in at the same time. Although the lobby was a bit chaotic, there were 3 agents doing their best to get everyone checked in quickly. We got to our room in about 1/2 hour and was pleasantly surprised about how spacious and attractive the room was. It was like an apartment with the large dining table, kitchen area and couch in one room and then a comfortable bedroom in the back....both with televisions so our son could watch what he liked too : ) The only thing I would have preferred would be that the room had 2 queen beds instead of doubles. The other thing that was nice was that the a/c unit wasn't in the bedroom blowing over the beds...it was centrally located between the 2 rooms. We did have our laptop with us and wanted to log onto the internet, but the CAT5 cable was missing. We called down to the front desk and they had someone bring it up right away. It would have been nice though to have free wireless internet, but they charge $9.95 for the day. We then went down to the atrium for the complimentary cocktails and snacks before going back to our room to relax before dinner. Being in Philly, we had our hearts set on an authentic Philly cheesesteak for dinner, so we asked at the front desk where to go. The very nice lady told us that we would have to go into central/south Philly for that, but it would be very difficult to find parking on a Saturday night. She offered to have one of their staff drive us in the hotel van so we could pick up our food! I thought that was extremely nice, but decided to head out on our own adventure to find the steaks. The next morning we leisurely got up and strolled down for the complimentary breakfast. I was impressed with the huge spread they had, including omlettes made to order. Like I previously mentioned, there must have been some kind of large family event going on, so tables were at a premium (as was getting near the pool!). I think because it is an atrium type setting with all of the rooms overlooking a central court, parents felt comfortable just letting their kids roam around the hotel unattended like it was a big house....even coming down to breakfast in their pj's and slippers. Overall, I think the Embassy is a terrific deal and would definitely stay there again....hopefully when it's less busy : )

• Liked — great room
  • Disliked — paying for internet access
  • Tips/Secrets — ask for pool bracelets for kids under 18 at check in
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toms River
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2006

We stayed here the night before our flight to Lake Tahoe. Just about everything was of a positive nature. The staff is friendly and approchable. The nightly reception was good. Chilli and meatballs were served along with the drinks. There is a restaurant in the hotel which we did not use. We walked down to the Ruby Tuesdays which is close by next to the Hampton Inn. We had an early flight out so we missed the breakfast, but there were some wrapped danishes and juice to be had at an early hour. We left our car at the hotel and all was well with it when we returned. The hotel provides shuttle service to the airport as well as pick-up when you return. You must call them when you return and be sure to wait at area 4 which is the hotel area shuttle pick-up area. We returned at 1 A.M. and two calls were needed before we were picked up. My only complaint is that more attention should be paid to the grout in the tub shower area. There was some obvious mold growing on it in places. This is a problem that I find in almost all hotels regardless of the price range. There is no substitute for an old toothbrush and a little elbow grease. I would stay here again if I had an early flight and required secure parking for my car while I was away.

Stayed August 2006
Sierra Vista AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

As frequent Embassy visitors throughout the country, we expected certain things when we scheduled our week long stay at this one and were pleased with almost everything. The room itself was clean, although the outside shower curtain was very dirty and had to request a clean one twice before it was replaced. There was a 3 inch hole in the bathroom wall above the blowdryer and the tissue box cover had different colors of what we guessed to be nail polish on it. It should have been tossed and replaced but was overlooked. There is a little sign posted in the room to not remove towels if going to the pool as there are towels there. Each day this worked fine, until Friday night. That night my girls had to get wrist bands from the front desk before they could get in the pool and they were not allowed to take the towels out of the pool room after swimming which ment they had to walk (no running!) through the freezing lobby during the managers happy hour in only their bathing suits. I was not pleased so I spoke with the manager who said all the right things but didn't fix the problem. They attempted to stop my girls from leaving the pool with the towels the next day but I was there this time so they DID get to wear them through the lobby this day. I'm still not sure I would stay at this Embassy again or not...ALSO We took a trip advisor suggestion and we bypassed going to Six Flags in NJ for Hershey and had a great time!! It was not all geared for little ones. They had great roller coasters for the older kids and adults. Iit was clean and we felt safe. DEFINATELY a great tip!!!! Thank you!!!

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport? Share your experiences!