“A little disappointed, considering....” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay & Go Package
Ranked #44 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“A little disappointed, considering....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We booked this hotel through Hotels.com because our daughter was having a swim meet in this area. Despite having received a reservation is confirmed message I called as we were heading to the hotel and was told we did not have a reservation and they were completely booked. I was dumbfounded and scrambled to try to find lodging elsewhere. About 10 minutes later as I was getting more frustrated with lack of availability my husband said let me call and ask again. Miraculously we now did have a reservation!

Upon check in we went to our room on the 2nd floor and were immediately assaulted by SMOKE smell in our non smoking room. A very nice maintenance member named Derron assisted us with beau coup air freshner and confirming ot the management that the room smelled of smoke. THen we began noticing all the bugs. It must have been a while since the last person checked out because we found 6 different bugs, 2 alive and 4 dead.

The breakfast in the morning was good but the cook to order took over 25 minutes of waiting, then the order was wrong. There also wasn't sufficient seating.

The kids were very excited to go to the pool but when we took a closer look at the water it was covered in a weird "clear gelatin looking sludge" and contained globs of hair. Very gross! None of my children wanted to get into the water!

I think the hotel has potential but it's the little things...like charging a mandatory $25 fee for incidentals, $7 for parking, uninformed staff and yucky pools that make people come back....or not.

Room Tip: come on a day when they aren't fully booked so you can switch if someone smoked before yOU!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. Our mission at Embassy Suites is to deliver exceptional hospitality and I am disappointed to hear that we did not achieve this during your visit. We take great care to inspect every guest room to ensure our high standards are adhered to prior to occupancy and I apologize that this did not occur and that a smoke smell was not corrected as required. We have special equipment to help facilitate this smoke remediation and I am sorry that you were inconvenienced in any way. I am also dismayed that insects were present and our pool water was not clean & clear as it should be. I will share your comments with my team so that w can make the necessary corrections in our hospitality execution.

Thank you again for your thoughtful feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your faith in us on a future visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Polish first
Martinsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

The staff are extremely helpful. We had never been to Philadelphia so we needed some direction in getting around the city. The staff provided us with suggestions to make our travel as simple as possible. Other hotels cannot compare to the amenities offered with the manager's reception and the quality of the food at breakfast. Very affordable and much better than staying downtown. The train is easily accessible via the hotel's shuttle.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Wow! Thank you very much for your 5 Star review and for taking the time to provide us your feedback about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport. It is absolutely fantastic to hear that you appreciated the wonderful amenities, services and value that Embassy Suites offers!

Thank you again for your kind feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We will be honored to host your return engagement.
Leonardtown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The staff here makes the difference! They are extremely attentive and accomodating. The friendly atmosphere is well worth the stay. The breakfast and evening cocktails were an added value. We make it a point to stay here the night before flying out of Philly. Soooo easy and sooo close.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport and for your 5 Star Review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, convenient location, complimentary services and relaxing atmosphere.

Thank you again for your gracious feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We will be honored to host your return engagement.
Pomona, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Very comfortable king size suite; bed is comfy and staff is lovely! I have been to this hotel before for meetings and it is convenient and good quality overall. It is well situated due to location on/off highway (Route 95) and proximity for those colleagues flying in/out for the meeting or conference. The breakfast options are great and getting a quality meal as part of the stay is a lovely touch. The WiFi access could be improved (process and speed) but overall this hotel is convenient, clean, good food and a nice place to stay for a meeting or pre-trip / air travel.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, complimentary cooked to order breakfast, comfortable bed, and clean accommodations.

Thank you again for your thoughtful feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We hope that you visit us again soon!
Nutley, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Being close to the business you are visiting is always a priority. However, this hotel makes it worth a slight commute, even if there are other hotels closer. The suites are also large enough that you could conduct small business meetings in your room. Definitely worth the money.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you very much for your 5 Star review and for taking the time to provide us your feedback about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport! I am pleased to hear that you appreciated the size of your suite.

Thank you again for your candid feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We will be honored to host your return engagement.
Jamaica Plain, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I felt that this property needs an upgrade and some of its staff needs better training - while the reception and lunch staff were friendly and responsive, the breakfast staff were particularly churlish.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not exceptional. We take pride in our efforts to provide the very best in hospitality. Please accept my apologies for the less than acceptable service attitude of our staff. I will be sure to share your feedback with my team so that we may be able to make improvements in the future.

texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

no complaints about the hotel itself until I had to deal with the manager Hamid. He charged my room for smoking but we weren't smoking. He played hard ball so I will be disputing the charge. All other staff employees were great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for sharing your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. We take great care to ensure the comfort of all of our guests and to ensure that our guest rooms are odor free. In addition, our security team assists with inspections of non smoking guest rooms that may have been smoked in and provides us feedback, pictures and anything else that may be helpful. Please contact me directly if I may assist you as this information is maintained on file.

Been to Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport? Share your experiences!