“great stay, nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 84 hotels in Philadelphia
Hamilton, NJ
“great stay, nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here for business. Very convenient location. Right next to the airport. Rooms are all very large, since they are of course suites. Very clean hotel. Nice bar with a nice cocktail reception with free food and drinks too. Would stay here again if in town for business

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, our clean spacious suites, and our complimentary evening manager’s reception.

Thank you again for your thoughtful feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We hope that you visit us again soon!

531 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed prior to a flight and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and convienient shuttle to the airport. Well stay next time that we have an early flight. The suite was large enough for a family of 4 with 2 small children.

• Stayed January 2013
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport and for your 5 Star Review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our cooked to order breakfast and that you appreciated our proximity to the Airport and the value of our shuttle service.

Thank you again for your thoughtful feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We would be honored to receive your patronage on your next trip!
Bermuda
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here a few weeks ago (on a Saturday) on our way back from a very long trip. Our intention was to check in, have a few drinks at the Manager's reception, have dinner, then head to bed since we had an early flight the next morning. Checked in no problem - the front desk staff is very friendly and attentive. Went to the manager's reception and there had to be at least 20 little kids running around while their parents were drinking and watching a football game. We left and went to dinner at the hotel restaurant and while there a bunch of teenagers were running up and down the hallways and shouting across the atrium at each other. One of the managers tried to get the situation under control. The teenagers scattered when they saw her cominig but within minutes were back again running and shouting. If we weren't so tired, we definitely would have checked out and went to another hotel.

I was told by some of the staff that this is a "local" vacation spot for families since it offers a pool for the kids to swim, free happy hour for the parents, and free breakfast for the entire family. Great deal if you have 6+ people in a room.

My husband and I stayed here in the past and did like it, especially the distance to the airport, free shuttle, decent rooms, etc. but we will never stay here again when passing through Philly. I can see why the business traveler would rate this hotel very high since I don't think the families are here during the week. Normally I would recommend this hotel but after this stay, that won't happen. If you do stay here, don't go on a weekend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback about your recent visit to the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. Your thoughtful comments help to reinforce areas that we are executing well in and also areas that require attention. I am glad that you felt our staff was friendly and attentive. However, I apologize for any inconvenience that you were caused due to the amount of unsupervised children. We are certainly a family friendly hotel and as part of our registration process, we ask every guest for assistance with noise levels in the hotel and supervising their own children. We also employ security personnel every day of the week to assist us with noise levels and unsupervised children.

We take pride in providing exceptional accommodations and we are very sorry that this was not the case for you. Thank you again for your kind feedback and for your patronage and we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to regain your trust in our facility.
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We have stayed at several Philadelphia Airport hotels but this was the first time for the Embassy Suites. Would definitely stay here again. Lovely room/suite with great bathroom, very clean and not worn. Great nightly managers happy hour with drinks and snacks. Also had a good meal at the restaurant. We did the sleep, park and fly and it worked out wonderfully. They also offer a free cooked breakfast but we didn't get to try this since our flight left too early....maybe next time. This will be our go to hotel when flying out of Philadelphia from now on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport and for your 5 Star review! I am extremely pleased to hear that you utilized our park and Fly package ant that it worked out well for you. It is also great to hear that you felt your guest suite was very and clean and that you also enjoyed our Complimentary Managers Reception and Restaurant.

Thank you again for your gracious feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We will be honored to host your return engagement.
Milford, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Have a flight and need a place to park your car while you're away? This hotel can't be beat. For a little more than the basic park and fly you can get a great nights rest as well as a full breakfast before you leave.
We checked in early the day before our flight and if we had wanted could have taken a dip in the pool, It looked very inviting but opted for a few complimentary cocktails and snacks. Then we took a shower (nice and hot with plenty of pressure) before retiring for the night in a clean comfortable suite. Breakfast started at 6 am great for an early morning flight. If needed they will let you package it to go. The shuttle ride is less than 10 minutes and runs every 1/2 hour. With my vehicle parked in a secured lot we boarded the shuttle only to return 14 days later.
Upon our arrival to Phil. at 1:10 am I called for the shuttle. In less than 15 minutes it arrived. The driver remembered us from our departure and welcomed us back and brought us back to our vehicle at the hotel.
Clean, friendly, and convenient ...When I fly from Philly I'll stay at Embassy...It's a great way to add an xtra day to a vaca or simply take the stress of flight away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your 5 Star review and for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport and our Park and Fly package. It is awesome to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Once again, we appreciate the time you took to share your experience and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport.
Seymour, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here for one night when I got stranded on PHL airport because my connecting flight was cancelled. After fighting for hours to get out of PHL, I gave up at some point and was looking for a nearby hotel.

I was glad I found the Embassy Suites. It is a 5 minute Taxi ride away from the airport, booking online was easy and quick, and once I arrived at the hotel they immediately found my reservation and check-in was quick and efficient. They also were able to provide me with a few amenities like a shaving kit, toothbrush etc. free of charge, as I had no access to my checked luggage, this was very useful.

The hotel is build around a covered indoor courtyard with plants, seating areas and water features (and two ducks), which gives it a nice, serene atmosphere. The rooms are spacious (I had a king suite on the top floor), beds comfortable and I liked the breakfast with a buffet and made-to-order egg dishes. The shuttle back to the airport the next morning was very convenient, too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your 5 Star review and for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. It is wonderful to hear that you appreciated the great value that Embassy Suites has to offer. Providing excellence in hospitality is our main goal and it is great that you recognize the great accommodations and value that we provide our guests.

Once again, we appreciate the time you took to share your experience and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you and your family back to the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport.
Manhattan Beach, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I refused to review this hotel until I gave them a chance to make amends. I felt bad about writing something negative when the manager promised to go the extra mile. He never did. I called ahead to let them know my flight had been delayed and I would be arriving closer to midnight. I was told just ring us when you get there. I did. I rang them and rang them for over 25 minutes.
I walked out of baggage claim in hopes of seeing their 'free shuttle'. Another couple was also waiting and we compared stories of calling this hotel only to listen to the phone ring endlessly.
That was a waste of 25 minutes. We finally got ahold of them and for being right next to the airport, the whole process took an hour. Upon arrival I was given a smoking room and told it was the only room available. Apparently when I booked my room online using my Hilton points I failed to realize 'smk' amongst the 20 other abbreviations meant 'smoking'. I am am an Honors member and my profile definitely says 'nonsmoking'. So I would think they could have at least used an ionizer in the room to limit the smell of smoke. The front desk agent offered to give me back 5000 of the 30000 points I spent for the room. I wasn't pleased but since it was 1 am I went to my room. It smelled so bad I couldn't stand it & asked the agent to please book me at another Hilton property. He told me he could but I would have to pay for it since I had already checked in.WTF? Made no sense. I decided to stay. There were ashes on the nightstand, on phone. There was a rollie pollie bug in my bed(alive) and a dead one in my shower. The next morning I spoke to the manager who was horrifed(I gave him the bug in a cup). He promised to credit my 30000 points and give me 30000 more. He couldn't apologize enough. The buffet breakfast was lousy and I had to wait almost 30 minutes for a shuttle back to the airport. I had to call Hilton 3 times to get my credit...after 3 months I finally got 30000 and never the extra points promised. Wow, really? So now I finally wrote the review they deserved months ago.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I apologize and am embarrassed for the numerous issues that you encountered that made your stay much more difficult than it should have been. Our mission at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia is to deliver exceptional hospitality and I am disappointed to hear that we failed in our attempt.

I have shared your review with the rest of my staff so we can make corrections, so these type of guest inconveniences do not happen in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to regain your faith in us on a future visit.

Been to Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport? Share your experiences!