“Great place to get stuck” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay & Go Package
Ranked #46 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Wigtown, United Kingdom
“Great place to get stuck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were unfortunate enough to get a broken plane for our flight back to the UK so were sent here at 2 o'clock in the morning. That was the end of the bad news - the staff were first rate and the rooms were exceptionally well appointed and comfortable for the price point. Okay there was no view but we were only there the one night and everyone is right about the breakfast - much better than we were expecting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am extremely pleased to hear that you felt our staff was top notch, your guest suite was comfortable and you enjoyed our complimentary cooked to order breakfast. It is also fantastic to hear that you appreciated the great value that Embassy Suites has to offer.

Thank you again for your gracious feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We will be honored to host your return engagement.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Excellent hotel staff and stay. Very convenient to Airport. Did the park and fly and overall it was smooth as silk. Less than 5 minute wait at the airport for the van.Rooms were very quiet and comfortable. Don't miss the breakfast!

Room Tip: Use the park and fly...well worth the price and no worry about traffic to the airport.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
It is wonderful it to hear how much you enjoyed our Park & Fly Package at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. We sure do appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences about your stay. It is fantastic to hear that your stay with us was comfortable, our staff was excellent and the shuttle was on time as expected.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Overall: Hotel is very comfortable (one of 5 hotels in close proximity to each other), rooms are spacious and nice, beds comfortable, internet fast and hotel staff extremely helpful. Great place to stay if desiring quick access to/from airport and not too far (approx 8 miles to downtown Phili/25-min drive given traffic).

Embassy Suites seems to be one of the nicer hotels of the 5 (business companions stayed at Hampton next door) and the daily breakfast had very good selection and never crowded. Manager social every evening well attended, but never seemed crowded and a good selection of beverages to choose from – and few snacks (not enough or of quality to make a meal from). Shuttle seemed to be very responsive to needs of guests to get not only to airport but also to a close restaurant. I had car so never used it.

Parking use to be free – now charge $5.00/day and are installing a gate system soon to be in operation. There is a Ruby Tuesday within walking distance and nothing else close – so you will need a car to drive to other Phili type restaurants in the area. The gym is very small and not much room to move around – I still have trouble understanding why hotels do not invest in expanding these areas to accommodate the desire of guests to remain in shape. I would not run in the local area given traffic and proximity to areas that may not be safe to run into.

There is a WAWA gas station 2-min away where you can get snacks and groceries and a large grocery store approx 5/7 min drive (Island Ave). Next to the grocery store are numerous fast food restaurants. Also within a 10-min drive is Tony Luke’s Cheesesteak diner (39 East Oregon Avenue) that many locals recommended -- outstanding.

I would stay here again next time I’m in Phili – if hotel was full, would consider Hampton right next door.

Tip: When checking hotels, especially downtown Phili make sure you check the daily parrking rate. One hotel I parked at during the week (on Market Street) charged guests $45/day to park.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location, our spacious suites, the comfortable beds and helpful staff.

Thank you again for your thoughtful feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We hope that you visit us again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed for the Army Navy game. I was excited to see the reviews on trip adviser. That's what made us choose the Hotel. Also that the general manager answered the comments. The comment that I just read by the general manager recently said his employees are put through a process before hired. Now fortunately, I get to work in the Hotel business. What I went through was a horror show. First, someone was given the same room as my family, so when we where laying for bed, someone walked into the room. Before that two other people came knocking thinking it was their room. They sincerely apologized, and gave us a certificate for next year. So then, at 3am the phone starts ringing, by the time I picked it up nobody was there. I went to go back to bed, then there was a knock at the door. The gentleman was asking us if we where with a group. Now why couldn't have that waited? So then there wasn't much sleep. When I spoke to the manager on duty that morning, he said since we where there another day, he would get back to us. There was no communication at all. So later on that night,I talked to the night manager, and he said they where working on it, and they where going to take care of everything when we checked out. Now all I was looking for was answers. Why would they need to knock on are door at 3am? The manager Saturday morning was asking me questions as if I was making this up That is because they didn't think that what happened was important enough to pass on. If you read through this you can tell I'm furious. When we checked out they didn't mention anything to my uncle at all. What they did do is ruin a well needed vacation. If these things did not happen, the value would have been great. unfortunately I feel like I was ripped off.

• Stayed December 2012
Jeff_Lovrencevic, Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your experience with our hotel. I would like to apologize that your experience was less than ideal. We have identified the cause of the issues you experienced and we are actively taking steps to correct the actions taken and improve our level of service as we truly value your feedback and business.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The staff is more than welcoming! They assisted us with some last minute meetig room space changes and even worked with us to provide later dinners at about the time the kitchen closed.their staff even stayed a bit later to help us. VERY friendly staff, rooms were great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our team at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport. Our staff are all service minded professionals who truly care about the level of service they provide our guests. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with them and we look forward to your return.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel. I met up with my daughter, 6 yo grandson and new granddaughter. The rooms are big but get a bit small for a 6yo boy so I took him downstairs frequently to play and wander around. Everyone was SO NICE to us. Noone seemed to mind us walking/playing for hours! I wish I could remember some names but the folks working the restaurant and lobby were expecially kind.

The room could have been cleaner (vaccuumed daily, new bag for ice, glasses were never cleaned and replaced) but it was still better than some places!!

I would definately stay here again and refer friends!!

Room Tip: GREAT folks!! You will not go wrong!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. We appreciate your 5 Star review! I am absolutely overjoyed to hear that our staff was pleasant & friendly throughout the hotel. However, I apologize that the suite cleanliness was not up to your expectations and have shared your comments with my Executive Housekeeper.

Once again, thank you for your gracious feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We hope to have the honor to welcome you back real soon.
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Very friendly folks working at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport. Made our sudden stay much more relaxed. There was no room in Philadelphia but our hotel there found us Embassy Suites to stay in. Thanks so much.

Room Tip: Elevators are speedy, go for the top.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport and appreciate your kind and gracious comments regarding our friendly staff.

Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We hope to see you gain in the near future.

Been to Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport? Share your experiences!