“A perfect business/pleasure hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors Double Points
Ranked #45 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
Silver Spring, Maryland
“A perfect business/pleasure hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. I was travelling to Philadelphia on business, but since it was the weekend of the Philadelphia Marathon, there were no government rate rooms anywhere in the city. I chose this hotel because of the Trip Advisor reviews, and I was NOT disappointed. The entrance of all of the hotel rooms surround a center (inside) courtyard complete with ponds and ducks! The outer facing window of my room faced the highway and airport, but there was virtually no noise from outside. The room was actually a suite with a bedroom and living/entertaining area. The was a refrigerator and microwave and an extra sink.
The only thing "missing" was safe for valuables. The complementary breakfast was plentiful and tasty, although the furniture in the dining area was well-worn.
I would recommend this to other travelers!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Polish first
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

The staff at the Embassy Suites was very friendly and consistently present to ensure the well being of the guests. The hotel itself is impressive, built in a large square with a high roof over the interior offering the feel of being outside and warm even in the cold of winter. They have indoor ponds, and even a few ducks!

The manager's reception offers free wine, beer and cocktails from 5:30 to 7:30 every evening, including light snacks. It is not enough for dinner, but it is a good way to relax before dinner. There are not many restaurants in the area, but we were staying prior to a flight. We chose the Embassy Suites in part because they offered free parking for a week and shuttle service to the airport. The shuttle was on time and quick, delivering us to the airport in about 15 minutes.

The rooms themselves were spacious and clean, though it shows the wear of frequent guest turnover. They do have significant security in the building to ensure the safety of the transient guests. The television in one of the rooms of our suite did not receive HD channels, though it was an HD TV.

A complimentary breakfast was included. In addition to the standard eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast, etc. offering, they had a good omelette station that set the breakfast buffet here above that of other comparable hotels.

In all, for our purposes: to catch an early flight from PHL with long term parking, it was a great and highly recommended option.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed at this property for 1 night while on a business trip. During check in the staff was very welcoming and accomodating. The rooms were clean and wel appointed. Considering the property was full, there was not alot of noise and I was able to get a good nights sleep. My co-worker and I had dinner in the restaurant -- It was better than expected, even with us making some special requests. The complimentary morning breakfast provided ample selections, all food was fresh and attended to. Overall, the stay met my expectations. If you're wondering why I did not give it 5 stars, I can answer that...While this property met my expectations it did not exceed - I was comfortable, but not blown away by anything from the service to the food to the condition/cleanliness of the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is away from the elevator shaft, it is very noisy in this area and it could inte...
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed at this property for the first time on Tuesday, November 6th for two nights. The staff are wonderful and really try and do all they can to accommodate you. The property, however, is very, very tired and in desperate need of some capital expenditures. The rooms are run down to the point that the carpet is stained and frayed. The furniture reminds me of my first college rental apartment and I refused to sit on any of it - yeech!. The public areas are just as bad. The restaurant booth seat coverings are torn and peeling, the carpets are disgusting, and it all just looks old and worn. If the exterior is this run down and unclean, I shudder to think what the kitchen areas look like. The food was ok, but breakfast is a mad rush and the tables (for both mornings I ate there) were not cleaned so that we had to eat holding our plates on our laps on one of the sofas outside the restaurant. I paid $250 a night for this room, but have had a better experience at motels costing less than half this amount. I don't know if there are any other properties at the airport that are better, but I will never stay at this property again -- at least not until they undertake and complete and thorough renovation. That Hilton allows this property to remain under their brand is a testament to just how badly Blackstone is managing their Hilton investment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
I want to personally thank you for sharing your stay with us on Trip Advisor. I understand the presentation of your guest suite as well as our common areas was a concern, as it is for us as well. It is due to reviews such as yours that we have begun plans to renovate our property in the coming year. We know you have many choices when you travel and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will stay with us and provide feedback on our new suites; we would love to have you.

Thank you!

Brad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

If you ever find yourself stranded in Philadelphia due to an apocalyptic storm, go to this hotel! It had everything I needed, indoor pool, gym, great tv channels, restaurant, store, shuttle & a terrific staff. There was no need for me to leave, which was great, because I couldn't! I stayed there for three days until I could get a flight out. Many of the staff members stayed there too, ensuring the guests were safe and comfortable. Riding out the storm turned out to be one of the most relaxing vacations I've ever had thanks to this hotel and it's staff.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Warminster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Very comfortable place. Front desk staff extremely helpful. Lobby was chilly. Enjoyed dinner at the hotel. A bit pricey for what you received. Buffet breakfast was very good. Parking was easily accessible. No charge for parking. Close to major interstates.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel during the American Filtration and Separations Society Fall 2012 conference - October 15-18,2012. It was our private travel to this Conference. We retired 3 years ago. The hotel provided excellent service and excellent rooms. The Management, especially Mrs. Herrera, was very helpful. In short, everything in this hotel exceeded our expectations.

Dorota and Tad

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport? Share your experiences!