“Enjoy staying here but Guest Services Manager was Bizarre” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay & Go Package
Ranked #46 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Oklahoma
“Enjoy staying here but Guest Services Manager was Bizarre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I have always enjoyed staying here when in Philly for business. Facilities and rooms are nice and breakfast is great. Workout room is a bit tight, especially if you want to lift weights since they only have one bench and a very small area.

The last several times I have been there I have noticed that there is not enough seating for the complimentary happy hour - tables or chairs. This was not always the case. Several years ago they had extra tables and chairs out. So as my group finally got a seat after someone else left, the guest services manager (he identified himself as something like that) walked by and introduced himself and said please let him know if there was anything he could do or if we had any suggestions for improvement. I immediately brought up the lack of tables and chairs - he made some odd remark about how it was more fun to stand at happy hour, perhaps his attempt at humor. He quickly changed the subject and asked again if there was anything he could do or any suggestions we had - I brought up the chairs and tables again. He again made an odd remark and just started walking off, but not before he said a third time "Let me know if there is anything we can do better or if you have any suggestions ..." It was obvious he could care less what we thought about anything ...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jeff L, Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write of your recent experience. It is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve upon our product and services. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you endured. Certainly this is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide. I will use your comments as a training tool with my team and ensure that we have the proper attitude and amount of seating at our reception. I look forward to your return so we can show you our improvements that we have made.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Polish first
Hemet,CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times while on a job assignment. The staff is what makes this place special. The rooms are comfortable. Every issue I had (problem with TV, etc.) was addressed immediately. The property is on the older side, but the staff was exceptional.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
We very much appreciate that you took the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. Thank you very much for your gracious comments about how exceptional you felt our staff was. I am pleased to hear the hotel was comfortable for you and that your issue was resolved promptly.

Thank you again for your kind feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We will be honored to host a return engagement.
Parker, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Close to the airport which is very nice, rooms are very clean and spacious, my daughter couldn't get enough of the ducks, free breakfast was awesome and not like your typical free "continental" breakfast. We got in late and the restaurant was kind enough to make us dinner just as they were closing, thanks!! We will be back!!

Room Tip: I would avoid the first floor if you are looking to sleep in a little.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fantatstic! A great stay is music to our ears. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am pleased to hear that you felt the hotel was very clean and spacious for you and that you enjoyed our complimentary cooked to order breakfast. I am also glad that your daughter enjoyed our ducks!

Thank you again for your gracious feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. I hope you will visit us again real soon.
Danville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

As a Hilton Honors Memberfor years, I really enjoy staying at Embassy Suites. I have visited this property a number of times for vacation/business purposes. I can honestly say the overall experience has been below average on all stays. Most of the people working in this hotel appear to be unhappy that they are employed there, and the service was very much subpar. The rooms are clean and inline with other hotels of this type. I just always get the feeling that the people running the hotel are not happy for your business. The restaurant is great for breakfast, any other meal, the service has not been good. There are other hotels in the area that might be a better choice. I have had better experiences at the Hampton Inn nearby at a much lesser cost.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport. I apologize that your stay was average and that you encountering associates in the hotel that were not as happy as they should have been. It is evident by your comments that our passion in delivering hospitality excellence did not occur in this instance. I have taken the liberty to share your review with my team so that we can learn from this and take corrective actions.

We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will consider returning in the near future to experience a more typical positive stay that the majority of our guests experience.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We live in PA and did a mini vacation this year. We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights (Thurs- Sun) under an amazing deal on the price of the room. Booked a prepay no refund stay and got it super cheap. The breakfast buffet was delicious! KEITH, one of the food service employees, was very sweet, very attentive to everyone even to the very rude guests who were yelling at him bc the food wasnt being refilled fast enough. But there was not enough seating for all the guests during breakfast. Made people cranky and even ruder.
Even though we didnt get our requested king size bed, the rooms were nice, clean, and big. Beware though if you have little ones- the tubs are slippery. The ducks! My 2 year old daughter LOVED the ducks. Every time we walked in or out the front door, we had to stop and say hi the ducks- Bill and Ben.
My major issue was the noise. There was a big sign posted by the elevator about being quiet after 10pm. I really wish they would have enforced that. It was sold out for the wknd we were there. There were people standing in the atrium yelling up to people on the 4th floor. Kids running around like nuts in just their bathing suits tracking water all over the floor including on the tile in front of the elevator so you had to walk thru it. There was no way I could take my 2 year old in the pool which she so wanted to go to. The pool was jammed packed with kids and adults all horsing around, splashing, throwing each other in and tons of blow up inner tubes.

All in all it was pretty good experience at the hotel. It was more so the crowd that was there that cause the disappointment. But thats the chance you take anywhere. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jeff L, Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
On behalf of the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport, please accept my sincerest apologies for the disturbance you endured during your stay. Certainly this is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide. I am glad to see that my team helped you enjoy your stay and that you will be back to see us!
Bartlett, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Rooms were a bit "worn", but still got a very good night sleep. All of the rooms are suites, so there is plenty of room. I had a first floor room near the pool, so noise was an issue, but it was still tolerable. Ordered a philly cheese steak from room service for dinner....lets just say I could get the same sandwich in my home city and it was nothing at all compared to the local sandwiches. At close to $200 a night, I expect a bit more, but I understand that there is a premium to be paid when staying near the airport.

Hotel is a few miles from the airport and access is easy. Next time I'd likely try to stay a little further from PHL to save a few bucks, but overall, I'm satisfied.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback about your stay at the Embassy Suites – Philadelphia Airport. It is through thoughtful feedback such as yours that we can do better in our efforts to provide hospitality. I regret that you felt the price you paid did not match the value you received. Embassy Suites is all about value and we take extreme care that our pricing is comparable to any other full service hotel in our area as we usually rate very high in this regard. I have shared your comments about the sub par cheese steak you had for dinner with our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Director. I also apologize for any inconvenience that you were caused due to noise levels on the 1st floor near our pool. Please let us know your preference for a quiet suite away from the pool for future visits and we would be most pleased to honor this request for you. We take pride in providing exceptional accommodations at a great value and are sorry that this was not the case for you.

Thank you again for your kind feedback and your patronage and we hope to see you again.
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at the airport near my husbands work conference.
It was great for me. I did work on my computer, had free breakfast, exercised in the exercise room, and swam in the pool. We went to the free happy hour with free drinks and appetizers every night. It was great!
I rested, exercised alot and felt like I could stay longer.There was a wedding there one night.
The only thing is there was an alarm in the exercise room that kept chirping after multiple people came to inspect try to stop it. Not sure why they couldn't stop the chirping. We stayed 3 nights, would love to go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
bswales, General Manager at Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
What gracious comments you posted about your stay and we appreciate that you took the time to share your experiences at the Embassy Suites Philadelphia International Airport. I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our exercise facility, the indoor pool, the complimentary cooked to order breakfast and manager’s reception. We are extremely grateful when we get such thoughtful comments about our hotel being a true home away from home.

Thank you again for your kind feedback and for choosing the Embassy Suites Philadelphia Airport for your hospitality needs. We look forward to hosting your return engagement.

Been to Embassy Suites Philadelphia - Airport? Share your experiences!