“Great” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 3,720 restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great place to eat! I love their breakfast menu! The breakfast burrito was amazing eating the whole thing made me need bigger pants. Also the milkshakes are awesome!

Visited August 2012

88% Recommend
“So dam good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Seven of us took my father in law out for a late lunch / early dinner for his birthday. Killer food... From the appetizers through desert everything was great. A friendly helpful waiter made it even better. Run do not walk to this awesome spot!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
asbury park, new jersey
“Best Breakfast in the Country!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I've toured the world enjoyed breakfast everywhere, but Honey's is my single favorite restaurant anywhere! Thank goodness my husband and I don't live in Philadelphia or I would be here all the time! Honey's is located in an up and coming neighborhood on 4th avenue just after you cross the Ben Franklin Bridge. Parking can be a little challenging, but we try to go on "off" hours so it isn't usually an issue. On this visit, we enjoyed the fried green tomatoes to start. Outside of New Orleans, they were the single BEST we have ever eaten.....perfectly seasoned, crisp and served with homemade ranch sauce. For lunch, we shared the mexican street corn on the cob special which was so delicious. It had a slightly spicy sauce and cheese over grilled corn. We also shared the VEGETARIAN chickn fried steak with two side; hush puppies and mac and cheese with homemade biscuits. As a vegetarian, there are certain things you miss like chicken fried steak....not with this dish! It was a little spicy with a perfect gravy and the biscuits are to die for. They are served with a homemade blueberry preserves that take like pie filling! For dessert, we had the special pumpkin beinets with chocolate ganache sauce....wow, wow, wow......FANTASTIC food with lots of healthy and vegetarian choices.....GO GO GO!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“great breakfast any time of day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've only eaten the biscuits and gravy but after I've had possibly the best in the world why try anything else off of the menu. I'm certain the rest of the menu is just as good. The biscuits are a sweet almost cornbread flavor with a spicey sausage gravy over top. The flavors balance so perfectly I suspect a culinary genius schooled in france is in the back cooking this stuff up.

Visited July 2012
“Food for my soul!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

okay, so the place is noisy. But then, this is Philadelphia and every place is noisy. The food, however, was exactly what I was craving. Delicious, healthy, creative without being weird, and affordable. Try the fish taco as I did. It was wonderful. Now I want to go back to try everything else.

• Visited August 2012