“Really Great food and Service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Venezuelan
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Really Great food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have been to Sazon before, and was thrilled when they offered a Living Social deal so that I would have an excuse to go back. Adorable BYOB run by a husband and wife team (she does most of the food, he does the chocolate). They made great suggestions for dishes and everything was delicious! The Empanadas were fantastic, and the churros were cooked perfectly! I will definitely go back! Even without the Groupon our bill was just over $100 for 4 of us. Great price, great food - can't be beat!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Cold reception when you dont have reservations.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I called Sazon saturday afternoon to ask if the restuarant was still a cash only establishment. The woman with a broken accent said yes and asked if I was planning to come tonight. I replied yes. That evening myself and a party of three arrived @ 815 and were told they are not accepting walk ins at all for the rest of the night. She didnt apologize for being unable to seat us and was cold. If the restuarant is that busy you would think I would have been told to make reservations when I called in the afternoon OR put 'reservations recommended' on their website. I will not go to Sazon nor will I recommend it to anybody.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

We had not been to Sazon in a long while and happened to be in the neighborhood the other evening and so we stopped. The food was as wonderful as we had remembered. I had perhaps one of the best chicken sandwiches I'd have had in years, it was served with avacado and just sensational. Why we hadn't eaten at Sazon in so long is beyond me, we are taking friends there to dinner again this week and really looking forward to it. Sazon is truly a gem. Be sure to save room for a cup of hot chocolate; it is like none you've had anywhere.

• Visited December 2011
new jersey
“Delicious food, great atmosphere, very reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

What else can I say? The food is delicious. I love the ropa vieja and the arepas and the desserts. The prices are very reasonable. And there is plenty of parking nearby.

• Visited October 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Authentic, Excellent Venezuelan Food - something for everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Best Empanadas EVER! I highly recommend the Pabellon, this empanada has YUMMY shredded beef with black beans, cheese and sweet plantains. SO GOOD could have eaten them all but reluctantly shared with my husband. For dinner I ordered the red snapper with garlic, onions & tomatoes and my husband who is a VERY PICKY eater got the Arroz con pollo, which was grilled chicken and white rice, also came with sweet plantains which I immediately pounced on! No room for dessert but I brought the tres leches home. This I have had many times before from Sazon, I would double park & run in to get a tres leches to go. GO EAT HERE!

• Visited May 2011