“Very good food great servers clean always good selection good prices” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Penrose Restaurant

Penrose Restaurant
2016 Penrose Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19145-5744 (South Philadelphia)
215-465-1097
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #195 of 3,785 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: South Philadelphia
“Very good food great servers clean always good selection good prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Penrose diner offers great variety great prices good service. Resraurant is clean and I usually see reoeat customers. They wouldnt keep coming back if food and service were inferior.

Bill D, Manager at Penrose Restaurant, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind review, we appreciate our customer feedback as it gives us great insight into the customer experience. I'm glad that you enjoyed our prices and service and hope to see you back at the Penrose soon!

Best,

Pittburgh
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I eat here everytime im in town. Great variety and big portions. Open 24 hours only on the weekends and that is my only complaint

Bill D, Manager at Penrose Restaurant, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Hi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our food. We have looked into staying open 24 hours during the week, but haven't found as many people interested as on the weekends. It's something we will continue to look into, thank you very much for the kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

Doylestown,PA
“A "REAL" South Philly Diner - great food, reasonable prices, large selection and good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stopped by several times on the way to the airport. This restaurant is open 24/7. It's clean, has a full menu and service is good. If you're in a rush, ask for the check when your food is served. Great place for coffee and breakfast, early morning. There's plenty of seating, so if the parking lot is full there is likely plenty of room inside. My wife and I enjoyed our time with our daughter before her flight back to NOLA. Enjoyed hearing the South Philly accents.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bill D, Manager at Penrose Restaurant, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Hi,

Thank you very much for your review, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your food and the service. Glad you liked the South Philly atmosphere, we love it here! Thank you for coming in and we hope to see you again soon.

NJ
“Only diner I go to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Always dependable and really the only diner I go to in south Philly. It's really clean and always a friendly environment.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bill D, Manager at Penrose Restaurant, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you! This messsage brought a smile to my face; it makes me very happy to hear we are your go-to-diner in South Philly! There are many options in the area, and I'm glad you choose to dine with us!

Wilmington, Delaware
“Great old time diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Friendly, considerate, and efficient staff, good food, large portions, great value for the price. Waitress was very acommodating and had good suggestions.

Visited November 2012
Bill D, Manager at Penrose Restaurant, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
I'm glad you enjoyed dining with us, and thank you for taking the time to write this review! Hope you will come back and visit again next time you are in the area!