“Hot!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Couch Tomato Cafe

Couch Tomato Cafe
102 Rector St, (Upstairs), Philadelphia, PA 19127 (Manayunk)
(215) 483-2233
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Sandwiches, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Manayunk
Description: The Couch Tomato Café is your number one destination in Manayunk for gourmet pizzas & salads, known for its thin-crust NY-style pizza, as well as its large, fresh, & creative salads. Upon opening in 2003, it quickly establishing itself as the area’s leading takeout, delivery, and catering favorite, winning several accolades including “Best Pizza” by Philadelphia Magazine, and “Best Soups”by City Paper, just to name a few. It’s focus on buying local, and specialization in vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free offerings has helped make The Couch Tomato Cafe’ a popular choice!The Couch Tomato Cafés extensive menu includes:Gourmet Pizzas & CalzonesSpecialty Salads & WrapsSignature Sandwiches & PaninisHomemade Soups.
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
“Hot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

At last - a place in this city that can consistently do stuff right. I am truly not a tough critic, but nothing erks me more than starting to like a new place and soon thereafter either be treated poorly or have a terrible meal, ruining everything. I have been coming here consistently now for a few months, and it almost gets better each time.

I give their service two thumbs up, all managers seem to really be attentive, etc. My only gripe with this place is their limited space, however they do do delivery and takeout too, so that helps a lot. I heard they are expanding at some point, so lets hope there will be more seating. I am hoping that isn't merely a false rumor.

In my opinion, try the salads or pizzas. I have yet to be disappointed. My favorite - buffalo chicken and chipotle chicken pizza.

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great salads keep me coming back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

Couch Tomato is a hidden gem in Manyunk with great salads. There are tons of salad choices and all come with a pretty large homemade bread roll (white or wheat). I ordered a calzone on my last trip and thought it was a little small... until I saw the massive amount of cheese inside. It was so fresh and delicious it'll be another staple I order every time I get takeout. The staff are always incredibly friendly and accomodating. Definitely a great place for takeout.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans
“I LOVE LOVE LOVE Coach Tomato”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

This BYOB quick restaurant at first looks like just another fast service eatery, but give it a chance. The pizza is really good, but the salads keep me coming back. There are tons of options to choose from and the large salads will surely fill you up. I highly recommend Couch Tomato Cafe.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great quick stop for fresh food on main st.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

Great quick stop for fresh food on main st.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Although it is a quick and simple salad, soup and pizza stop. It is definitely the best. I go at least once a week, and...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2008

Although it is a quick and simple salad, soup and pizza stop. It is definitely the best. I go at least once a week, and it is always fresh.