“Thanks for a great evening” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fogo de Chao

Fogo de Chao
1337 Chestnut St., Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)
215-636-9700
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fogo de Chao is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 3,786 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: S. Juniper Street
Clarks Summit
“Thanks for a great evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and I made a return visit to Fogo de Chao recently. I try to get to this place whenever I am in Philly. This visit actually was a little better in that the place was not as jammed. We went on a week night. The wait staff, although busy, seemed to have a little more time to focus on the guests and explain the food etc. Also we took advantage of the after dinner liquor cart. The server spent time with us and explained the various port wine options available, (one of my favorites). The food was great, again. I am continually impressed with how fresh, clean and neat the salad bar is and how clean they keep the restaurant. A big deal for me is how clean they keep the restrooms. It gives you an indicator of how seriously they take things. Needless to say they get an “A” in this category as well. My suggestion is to come hungry and try to go during the week to take advantage of a little less busy environment. It is not a cheap place to eat but you get what you pay for and this place definitely has it’s act together. Thanks Fogo de Chao for another delightful evening.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
“Absolutely Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Not only was the food exceptional, the service was above and beyond what we could have asked for. We walked in this past Monday night without reservations and were greeted with a smile and only had to wait a few minutes to be seated. The manager visited our table more than once to make sure we were enjoying our meal and offered to send over our favorite meats--that were cooked to perfection! Everyone we came in contact with was so nice and made our meal that much more enjoyable. We try to visit Fogo every few months & are never disappointed. Thank you for a wonderful place to spend date night!

• Visited October 2013
philadelphia
“wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

i had never been to a Brazilian steak house before and this place makes me want to go again. the beef was the best I have had. I wasn't going to even try the chicken or the pork, but I figured I had to. they were awesome, too. all the meats were flavored to perfection and melted in your mouth. the food at the buffet was above par, also. even the rice was incredible! I did try some things there that weren't something I normally would eat and I wasn't disappointed: a spicy mango shrimp salad, a bright crisp cucumber salad, but go for the meat and pace yourself! the actual restaurant is so beautiful on the inside, too: its an old bank and the décor is so cool inside, especially all the wine bottles on the walls. I went during restaurant week and I plan to go back and do it again next year!

• Visited September 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Brazilian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

It's a great place for those who miss home and also for those who love brazilian food! I went there with my American Boyfriend and his family, it was amazing!

We loved the food and the place is very comfortable and charming!

The price is a little expensive but I think it's worth it!

• Visited April 2013
Princeton, New Jersey
“Best Brazilian restaurant ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is my favor Brazilian restaurant, the quality of service is excellent, salad bar is full with many options and best meat cut. I recommend to try papaya cream for dessert.

Visited August 2013