“Filthy Burger & Beer Heaven” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Khyber

Khyber
56 S 2nd St, Philadelphia, PA 19106-2810 (City Center East)
215-238-5888
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: City Center East
DERBYNKC
“Filthy Burger & Beer Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We enjoyed a couple of afternoon hours enjoying food and drinks here, chose a few beers from the beer bar menu, good selection of local and US beers. I destroyed the Khyber burger & sweet pot fries & my wife had pulled pork (too vinegary) & an amazing mac and cheese, will be back on our next Philly visit

Easton, Pennsylvania
“No more live music- but still some good eats.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Just went back to the Khyber this weekend for the first time in years... I used to hang out in Philly quite often and this place was a standard because of the local music that was always happening- always an awesome, energetic, fun crowd supporting the bands and I believe also some Karaoke and/or trivia nights tossed in there but those memories are hazy LOL. Anyway they have completely remodeled it and now are just a restaurant, not a music venue- so I wanted SO much to dislike it. I really did. But I couldn't, it rocked just as much as before- it rocked without the rock. The brunch was awesome- everything down to the biscuits. My friend who is vegan had so many options and got the vegan pulled pork. Beer selection was on point, just as I remember. All in all, I just can't hate it. Sadly, things evolve- and the evolution of Khyber into a full-on restaurant was a good one.

Visited March 2014
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Great Saturday afternoon food stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great food and the best Bloody Mary I have ever had! The muffeleta was good sized and enough for 2. Will return next time we are in Philly!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, PA
“Good options for vegans”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We selected Khyber because it has good options for me, the lone Vegan in our group. The food was fine. We all enjoyed our meals, but I would not call it excellent. Laid back atmosphere, which we enjoyed. Our drinks were great - loved the beer selection. We had okay service - our waitress never put in our appetizers - so we did not receive them. But she was nice about it and bought our first round of drinks. There was a nice crowd - thinking it is a great local favorite.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Binghamton, New York
“Worth the trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This was our second visit, and the primary target of entertainment for our trip. The first visit I foolishly played safe and ordered the house burger, and it was good. This time, however, I braved the new, and went for the roast beef po'boy. Never in my life did I think I would enjoy a concoction made from that list of ingredients, but it was absolutely amazing. The only complaint was that according to my wife I should have had gravy puddling around my elbows. And speaking of strange concoctions, the Bourbon Milk Punch. It makes no sense, tastes like nectar, and after several, makes total sense, and still tastes like nectar. If you can't get to NOLA, this makes for an acceptable substitute.

• Visited December 2013