“Amazing steak” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 3,722 restaurants in Philadelphia
Cross street: Wallace Street
Transit: Septa Subway Broad Street Line Spring Garden Street
“Amazing steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very small restaurant but the food was so amazing. My boy friend and I ordered the meal for two, rib eye bone in. And let me tell you, I have been longing for this rib eye ever since. The rib eye was so flavorful, juicy, perfectly prepared, like KFC, "finger licking good". However, the side items sucked and it was Very pricy to have sucky side items. I've been to every Brazilian steak house, outback, long horn and Ruth Chris, in search for a tastier meatier rib eye, and no one has come close.
I would certainly recommend this restaurant

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia USA
“Excellent food & atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a rye pasta with hen sausage...simply outstanding!!! My friends both had the roast pig special...they loved it!!! Started the meal with a 10 vegetable salad...very tastey and interesting. I will definitely return to this restaurant!!!

Saint Davids, Pennsylvania
“Casual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Another marc Vetri restaurant. Reallly neat ingredients for a pizza. They also have wonderful pastas. Good wine selections, My grandchildren loved it - they are partial to unique cheeses. It is not far from center Philadelphia

“You must go, delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The aroma as you enter the restaurant seduces you. The food was delicious from beginning to end. The ingredients were fresh and so tasty. I had the grilled octopus and my husband and I shared the steak. It was sooooo good! It is a little pricey but well worth it. Perfect for couples and special occasions even though it was a little loud.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glen Mills
“Great food...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We dined at Osteria with a business party of 6 on a Tuesday night. We were seated in the side room adjacent to the church at a corner table that was virtually inaccessible by the waitstaff; we had to pass hot plates down the table and pass them back to the busser. The food was great, I started with the charred chickory salad with persimmon, pine nuts and pecorino then had the chicken “alla griglia” cacciatore as my entre. However, the noise level in the place was unbearable, we could not hear each other speak which made for a very awkward evening. Needless to say, we did not linger after dinner. I guess i would try it again if they could guarantee a quieter dining experience.

• Visited January 2013