“Good B&B with the best owner ever!” 4 of 5 stars

1024 Clinton Street Bed & Breakfast
1024 Clinton St, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Ranked #9 of 27 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“Good B&B with the best owner ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Pros: Good, clean B&B in a good location (10-15 min walk to Reading Terminal and many sites). Had a room with a small kitchen (Ruby room) - fridge was always stocked with eggs, butter, milk, juice, yogurt, etc., fruit bowl on kitchen table refreshed with fruit daily, bread plate piled high with bread, muffins, etc. Owner is extremely friendly and kind - couldn't ask for a nicer host.

Cons: Although very clean, the place itself is in need of some renovation and repair - cracked ceilings and walls, chipped paint, etc. The bed was also not the most comfortable - way too soft for me personally, but others may prefer it.

In sum, the good features far outweigh the negative - highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

just got back from one night stay in the Emerald room. Extremely comfortable suite. The innkeeper is incredibly friendly and helpful. The building, street and location are beautiful. Great Greek restaurant around the corner. Walking distance to many great places.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed at 1024 Clinton because my friends told my about this place. What a gem!. The beautiful street looks like something out of a movie.This isn't a typical B&B. It is a historic house with 7 or 8 private apartments. We had the Nook, on the 1st floor, and it had a small kitchen with milk, eggs, butter, juice and fruit in the refrigator., 3 kinds of cereal, bread, coffee & tea (green, regular and herb) were on the counter. The bathroom was beautiful and huge, with a large soaking tub, which I used every night, after walking so much.The mattres was better than my own. The owner, Kathy was so helpful and gave us restaurant recomondations when we asked. This is located in a great neighborhood, with lots of terrific places to eat and shop, and just 3 blocks from Whole Foods. There is a parking lot 1/2 block away.
I need to be in Philly in July, on business will stay here..

Room Tip: Kathy showed my 4 other apartments and all are well furnished and attractive.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stayed at this B&B when my dad was having open-heart surgery at the nearby Pennsylvania Hospital, and I could not have been more pleased. The rooms are charming and nicely decorated, the bed comfortable, the breakfast generous and quite tasty, and the location convenient to many things aside from the hospital. It's also located on a side street, so it's not noisy at all, even though it's right downtown. There's also free wifi with a great connection. The incredibly friendly owner (Kathy) is the most gracious person. She was so kind to me during my stay and I felt very well taken care of. I'd stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: There's no elevator, so if you have problems walking up stairs or if you have heavy luggage, ask...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
York, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

This is Mrs. Marcus reporting. We have stayed at many b&b's both in the U.S. and abroad. This was by far was the worst experience ever. We had loud neighbors until 3 a.m. and we were exhausted from our daughter's surgery that day (our reason for choosing that location). Not only did she not honor our reservation that we made for a room on the top floor (more remote) but she admitted she heard the noisy folks also but did nothing about it!!!

I live in a house as old as this and they are hard to clean but the Pearl room had paint hanging from the ceiling in many places, very filthy window ledges, paint chips on the floor where no vacuum had been since Summer. The water damage in the bathroom wall made me very suspicious of a potential mold problem as well. I sneezed the whole time I was there and needed medication for sinuses.

The only good thing I can say is that the Pearl room's bed was fine, and the linens were nice. Towels were stained though and kind of ratty. Perhaps other rooms are better, just check them out before you take the keys!!! We stayed one night, packed and left for a hotel that we knew would treat us right from previous stays for hospital visits.

Room Tip: Ask for the Topaz on the top floor......your only chance.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Wellsville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011 via mobile

Reserved the king suite on the top floor for three nights. When we arrived we were told that our room was given to another guest who had decided to extend their stay. We were placed in another room with small bed in a noisier location on the second floor.

This innkeeper does not honor reservations made. Agree with other comments about poor food quality and poor property upkeep.

• Stayed December 2011
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

My wife and I travel regularly to Philadelphia for medical reasons. We came in a day early (Columbus Day) this time to see some of the sights. This place is gr-r-r-reat. Super location, quiet rooms, outstanding value. The room was so comfortable that we had trouble leaving it to go explore. Kathy made us feel like we were old friends and to forget about the real purpose of our trip. Everything was within walking distance. Will never stay in a hotel room again when in Philadelphia.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to 1024 Clinton Street Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!