“Fun time in Philly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 122 Activities in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience Philadelphia sightseeing fun from a duck's eye view on Philadelphia's original duck tour. Travel on land and water in one amazing vehicle. Tour historic Philadelphia and SPLASH into the Delaware River at Penn's Landing. Ride The Ducks is the fun thing to do in Philadelphia and it's the best Philly sightseeing tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
“Fun time in Philly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My 10 yo daughter has wanted to ride the Duck for a long time. We finally found time to jump on the ride. We hit most of the major sites in downtown Philly, and our guide provides a general background of the site. He also failed to mention several sites as we drove past them. I think the experience is really dependent on the guide. If you get a knowledgeable and fun person, the ride can be a blast. It is certainly a thrill when the boat hits the water- a bit scary heading out in the river when the water is rough and wavy! If you go, make sure to buy your tickets online, as you save $5 per ticket. Tree is also an early bird special available.

11 attraction reviews
“Decent and light fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I very much enjoyed getting a good overview of the city, but learned nearly nothing from the very light banter from the guide. That was fine with me as I did enjoy the overview, but it could have been much better. The water but was good fun and the whole excursion felt safe and was handled well. I was very thankful that the duck noisemakers were not handed out until the end...

Scotland
6 attraction reviews
“A fun way to see Philadelphia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The limited time offer of booking a mimimum of four people at the $17/person rate attracted us to go on this tour and we were not disappointed. From start to finish, our driver/guide (I think his name is Ron) provided a very informative experience including both historic and current information about the city - from the story about Mary Ross to Will Smith's father's home. What added to the tour was the sense of fun with which it was conducted - the jokes (sometimes so quick, that it took me a second to process) and the synchronised music playlist. Ron was very personable and a pleasure to listen to and after seeing some of the other reviews, it looks like this is an attribute of all the guides. We have seen Duck tours in various cities but this is the first one that we have taken up and getting onto the water is such a great experience and gives such a valuable additional perspective.

We all thoroughly enjoyed the tour, which was great value for money in relation to the offer we used but even at full price, we would still regard this as good value. I would highly recommend going on this tour if you want to get an overview of Philadelphia past and present but do it early on your visit to give you the chance to revisit the places which interest you as the tour is always moving and there is a reduced opportunity for photographs.

Mansfield, Ohio
“Worst customer service ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We booked our tour at 9 am for a 4 pm tour to make sure of availability. On our way to the duck tour, we encountered heavy traffic and also took a wrong turn resulting in being late for the 4 pm scheduled tour. On the way, I called the number on the back of our ticket and explained my predicament. The representative assured me it would be fine and instructed me to exchange my tickets for a different time at the booth when I arrived. She also told me the available number of seats on the 4:30 and 5: 00 tours. However, when I arrived, the manager, Randi, was less than willing to help. I explained to her what the representative on the phone had told me. She then asked me to wait until she boarded the 4:30 tour and then she would "see what she could do". After boarding the tour, Randi walked away and was gone for the next 45 minutes. When she returned she didnt even acknowledge us standing there. She had absolutely no intention to rectify the problem or help us. In the meantime, I called customer service, who exchanged the tickets over the phone. Still, Randi didn't acknowledge us or say a word to us. She should be fired and not in business working with customers. Her attitude and lack of customer service ruined my duck experience. I also witnessed her deal with disgruntled customers in the morning when purchasing my tickets and she was less than accommodating to those individuals who were upset about their tour the previous day which was unable to go into the water due to low tide. If you have a problem, she won't help you once she has your money!

New Jersey
86 attraction reviews
“Quake quake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Senior adult group booked private tour. After having ridden" The Ride" in Manhattan. This didn't get it. But, Mama Duck realizing that we had visited every notable spot on museum row declined the music accompaniment and talked about the sculptures and architecture along with the history on the route. You don't get the outside art history inside the museums. A self styled comedienne she was more amusing than our normal docents. This is a very bumpy ride. Due to the traffic and the narrow streets you need sit on the outside seat and use a movie mode as they don't stop for photo opts. this venue is better suited for carting kids around and bringing them back bopping to music and quacking the neighborhood to distraction. Of course the seats are small and two to a side. Not handicapped anything. Small unmanageable children forget it. Good date activity. Good break after a day of walking. Not good in the hot hot hot weather. Or the rain. We got our quakers on the ride back that was fun and kids on the street interact with the duck. One little kid on the street just couldn't wrap his mind around all these grey hair people with yellow noise makers waving at him. He was precious. Its reality like that which makes it worth the price. It's being silly for a minute that is life preserving. Oh, the water comes up to the windows. You are in it not on it. They don't go very far in the wet. This is a wheel ride not a boat ride. The biggy boatness is the splash down. They want you to tip so be prepared.