“Good Italian Food in Philly” 5 of 5 stars

(215) 546-2100
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Nonna's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #145 of 3,843 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Good Italian Food in Philly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Sunday Gravy was excellent! You get a beef short rib and a meatball along with some pasta and gravy. My son had the spaghetti and meatballs, and I had the hangar steak. Made a reservation through Yelp, and walked right in at 5 pm and was greeted and served promptly. Will definitely return in future visits.

North Aurora, Illinois
“Food was too spicy/strong for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were in Philly for a long weekend and met friends for dinner. This restaurant was their recommendation. I will qualify this by saying that I have no tolerance for spicy food. The other 3 in my party all enjoyed their food. My husband said his spaghetti and meatballs were the best he ever had. I on the other hand, did not like the food. I ordered seafood skewers. They were overly seasoned and I could not really taste the fish. We also shared a caesar salad which was not a typical caesar salad and I did not like that either. The polenta croutons were very salty. The atmosphere was very cute but I would not go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed at the Independent hotel next door to Little Nonna's for dinner with my daughter. We sat outside and had a wonderful time with the best salad, seafood platter and amazing dessert. We could not stop eating even we were way full. Portions are generous so beware.

Visited June 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
“Underwhelmed by Little Nonna's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Little Nonna's for all it's hoopla turned out to be so, so. Not bad, not great...just okay. On a lovely Friday night, we were seated 1st at a very tight banquet in the corner and up against a serving station. Then we were changed ( we thought, thankfully) to a table out on the patio. The patio was charming, all inclusive of a clothes line for ambience. I thought it was great because it was so much lighter and there was a clear vinyl cover, to protect from the elements (that were none existent that night)...
Anyway, it was hot, and humid and I spent my dinner perspiring to the point of my clothing sticking to my back ...

I ordered 2 appetizers for my dinner, as follows:

Appetizer 1.- grilled sardines and razor clams was as follows: 2 sardines and razor clams. It was supposed to be hot, but it was not and it was full of sand. I sent it back. I did get the much lovelier mussels...although by that time everyone else was on to their next course.
The bread - you are charged for it. We ordered the garlic bread. We received 4 strips of italian bread drenched in butter, and again, not hot.
Appetizer 2 - Straciatella - my 'shreds' of mozzarella were cold and clumped together and was brought without utensils - really?

Stick to one of the nearby BYOBs

• 3 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“A Gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Although the menu is small, the food is WONDERFUL ! Sit out back for a more pleasant atmosphere than inside. Outside tables and decor are spot on. Limited drink menu, but sufficient for dinner. Service was great.
One suggestion - they should add a fan or two in their outdoor space.

• 4 of 5 stars Food