Café Quick Tips:
1. Recommended by a local on a TripAdvisor forum post I placed on ‘Good Places for Weekend Brunch’
2. Parking was tight…we drove through the neighborhood and finally found a free spot about a ¼ mile away
3. Hours: Weekdays: 0700-1500; Weekends/Holidays: 0800-1500 (breakfast available all day
4. How they deal with a line: we had no wait; however based on the tight quarters I suspect you would have to wait outside
5. Small seating area: About 9 tables for two in the main dining room and 6 tables for two in the outside atrium…tables can be pushed together for larger parties
6. menu available on their web page, plus daily chalkboard specials
7. Portion size: perfect amount
8. One unisex bathroom…very clean
9. Cash only
Although we found our dishes average in taste, the quality of the food was good and beautifully presented…there was just no oomph to them. Our order: ‘Dilly Eggs’ (had no dill taste); Bacon Stack; Coffee and a Latte. On both our way in and out I noticed a lot of the tables had orders of the sweet potato fries with some kind of dip (we did not try this; maybe a house specialty). The café prides themselves on their coffee and we enjoyed our cups. Several previous reviews have spoken of somewhat rude service; we had NO such experience. We never felt the slightest bit rushed; check backs were infrequent however. Be sure to read the back of your menu for some great Aussie facts!
If you own or manage Ants Pants Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.