“Awesome Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Morris House Hotel

Save Saved
You added Morris House Hotel to your Saves list
Morris House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 S. 8th St., Philadelphia, PA 19106 (City Center East)   |
Special Offer
15% OFF
Ranked #6 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I absolutely loved my stay at the Morris House Hotel! It was beautiful. The staff were amazing; very welcoming and warm. The courtyard was a really nice touch. The rooms were awesome! They were exceptionally clean and cozy. It made you feel like home away from home but you still felt like you were on vacation. I loved the unique historic structure and amenities. I would definitely stay at Morris House again and would highly recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: Any room you stay in will be a pleasant experience.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MorrisHouseHotel, General Manager at Morris House Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your awesome review and for sharing your positive experience in Morris House on Trip Advisor. Thank you for recommending us to your friend and family. We really appreciate your kind review. We are looking forward to greet you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When my mother came to visit me in Philadelphia she was amazed by Morris House Hotel. She said it was so pleasant to stay there and could not stop talking about how friendly and helpful everyone who worked there was! She loved her room and all the benefits that came with staying right in downtown Philadelphia, and said that it was an urban oasis, just like the website had promised. My mom lives in a very private area and was amazed by how peaceful she found sitting in the courtyard drinking coffee in the afternoon. Ever since my mom stayed at Morris House Hotel I have recommended it to everyone to stay there. It's quaint and historical just like the city of Philadelphia and perfect for anyone who wants to be in the city but still be able to have peace and quiet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your amazing review. We glad your mother has enjoyed her stay in Morris House. Thank her for praising our friendly staff, courtyard and nice room. We are looking forward to greet you and your mother again in the future!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Recently stayed at the Morris House Hotel for four evenings (a little longer than I had anticipated, but Sandy took out all the power at home, so why rush back). The Hotel's Staff were excellent, very caring and attentive -- before, during and after the storm. The Hotel itself is beautiful, a step back in time. I will definitely be returning to the Morris House Hotel.

Room Tip: For the ultimate in old-world charm, the rooms and suites in the main house are the way to go; if yo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guests,

Sincere greeting from Morris House. We appreciate your kind review and praise of superb customer service. It makes all our efforts worthwhile. If you ever decide to come and stay in Morris House, Philadelphia, it's our pleasure to assist you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel during the storm for 2days I had originally only planned to stay 1 night but because of the storm I stayed 2 night in one of the nice suites they have. I felt very comfortable there it reminds me of a condo it feels like an apartment but has all the amenities of a hotel. I could get room service. Through the whole thing the lights never went out and the advice if the hotel remained 24 hours. The staff made me feel like I had nothing to worry about the hotel ran like nothing was happening I could still get continental breakfast and afternoon tea and cookies and I loved the hot cider.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guests,

Sincere greeting from Morris House and thank you for your kind review. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and you feel safe at Morris House. It would be great if you can greet you again in the future!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My stay at the Morris house was absolutely lovely.
Loved the history of the house.
I was able to eat in their restaurant which has wonderful food.
All aspects of this hotel are lovely.
If you can appreciate unique and elegant design touches you will certainly love this hotel. Not only is the hotel a treat, the staff is just as wonderful. I will certainly recommend this hotel to all friends that come into the area

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guests,
Thank you for loving us! It's our pleasure to greet you and having you as our dear guests. Thank you for complementing our lovely restaurant and friendly staff. Please let us know if you ever plan to come back, we would be grateful if we can help in any way!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I visit Philadelphia for work and stumbled upon this place by chance. The staff was very friendly and my hotel room was absolutely perfect! I found myself speaking to one of the managers during their breakfast and she told me how it was a restorerd historic landmark with tons of history. They have gorgeously warm common areas and a very charming courtyard to sit and enjoy. That evening I asked for dinner recommondations and they pointed out one of there three buildings was a restaurant which I tried and loved! By far best experience I have ever had in Philadelphia. I consider myself a foodie but they really opened my eyes to how much fun food can be! Very excited to visit again.

Room Tip: 15 unique rooms in two styles, ask for a traditional or modern depending your style!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guests,
Sincere greeting from Morris House, We are so pleased you have enjoyed your stay in Morris House. Thank you for praising our charming courtyard and nice restaurant. It's our pleasure to greet you and having you as our guests. We hope to greet you again someday !
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband surprised me with a weekend in Philly at this boutique hotel. It was our first time there, but we absolutely loved it. The room was huge with a big bathroom complete with tub and shower, kitchen, living room and bedroom. The bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed our stay. All of the staff we dealt with was very friendly and helpful. Based on previous reviews, we didn't waste our time with the breakfast so I can't speak to that, but we did enjoy the cookies the couple of nights we were there which were very fresh and delicious. Also, the location is close enough to all the action of center city but also in a quiet neighborhood which is a nice balance. I definitely will be returning to the Morris House.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your fabulous review. Thank you for your kind words to our comfortable hotel rooms and hard work staffs. It is our pleasure to greet you and having you as our guests. If you ever decide to come back and stay in Philadelphia, we hope to greet you again.

Been to Morris House Hotel? Share your experiences!