“Surprisingly good” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Well, we haven't been to Appleby's in years due to several bad experiences in Western Mass and Florida.
That said, I had lunch with an old friend in the Sturbridge, Ma. location. I was quite dubious about this, but my friend knows I will not accept poorly prepared food. In fairness, I should have known my friend, who had lived in Sturbridge for many years would not have steered me wrong. I was pleasantly surprised at their lunch combo's. I had a shrimp and spinach salad and a lemon shrimp pasta. You get to choose from a list of soups, salads and pasta entrées. The food was fine! A nice salad and the pasta wasn't overcooked as it can be. I will give the chain another try.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pennsylvania
“"Great place to eat!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We eat at the Appleby's Restaurant in Bensalem, Pa. quite a bit ~ The 'greeters' when you enter the restaurant were there with their friendly smiles as usual. We find the food there is always good and have never had a problem. The waiter we had also, was great and always on top of things. We also had someone stop by our table to see if everything was okay. Love coming for a meal here at this family, friendly restaurant.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aston
“A nice place right around the corner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2009

Just returned from your restaurant in Aston, PA. What a great experience! The greeters were (as always) right there to say, "Good evening" to us and to open the door for us as we entered. The young lady who was our waitress (as opposed to a "server") was a delight. She seemed to enjoy her job and made small talk as she went through the meni with us. It turns out that we have many friends in common. Her professionalism was most obvious in the way that she knew the menu and was able to answer my questions.
I am sorry that I didn't get her name. If it helps, she has just graduated from a school in Cherry Hill, N.J.
The other person to whom I spoke was wearing a headset. I don't know what his job title is, but he stopped by to ask us if we were enjoying our meal. I thought that that was most solicitous of him, and a nice touch for your restaurant.
I even enjoyed them singing "Happy Birthday" to me.
Please forward my compliments to your staff for doing their jobs so well, and with obvious pleasure and a desire to please.

John DuBois

Amarillo, Texas
“Music too LOUD.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

The food was good. The service was good. The music was TOO LOUD. This has been the case at both of your restaurants here in Amarillo. It's very annoying to have to talk over the music when you are trying to visit with family or friends. Thanks, Deward.